help, blood :(

I bled really heavily at 5 weeks and heavier again at 6 weeks, both times had bright red blood, and I passed a number of clots (sorry if TMI) at 6 weeks. Both times I had an internal scan which showed my baby was fine. At the 6 week scan they found a blood clot in my uterus and I had brown discharge from 6 weeks till 11 weeks. Haven't had any bleeding since then, and when I spoke to my midwife about it she said brown blood is old blood. The hospital also told me at 6 weeks, they would expect me to be in quite a lot of pain if I was losing the baby.
Am now 22 weeks and baby is fine.
Hope this works out for you, if I was you I'd get myself to the EPU and get a scan tomorrow if only to put your mind at rest.
xxx

Were you in any pain or was it bleeding only?

It was bleeding only for me.
Have seen your thread Princess and I really hope you're levels go up and you get a happy ending. There are other people who have had pain and everything has been ok. It's hard to remember when it's happening to you, but every pregnancy is different so what is normal for me, isn't normal for someone else.
When I went for my scan at 6 weeks after I had passed the clots, the sonographer said she wasn't expecting to find anything in me, so I was resigned to the fact that I had lost my baby.
I really hope the outcome is the same for you as for me.

How are your pains and bleeding now?
xx

Hi thank you all for support and kind words, and sorry to jhear you are having bleedings princess. Fingers crossed for you you are all good, I'm still the same, sometimes it looks bright pink with discharge but hard to see mostly light brownish have some mild cramps .... Trying to think positive. My oh is being supportive and read lots about it saying he dont think I'm losong at all... I really don't know what is the chances if I had sevrral previous m/c's ? X x

I'm really sorry that you're going through this Yvonne, i'm sure you husband is right :)

Theoretically your previous mc's should have no influence on this pregnancy, you would have as much chance of baby surviving as anyone does so try to keep your chin up.

I'm sure i read that bed rest is a good idea so that if the bleeding isn't an mc then it gives the source a chance to clot and heal. Fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you Louise :) I didn't know about that I have as much chance as any others, reading this calm me down, will think positive, hope you all good :) x

Hi Scandicmum

I hope you'll be OK. I've been bleeding for the past few days now (weirdly only at night). Yesterday it was red with clots and am having what feels like period pains so immediately was thinking the worse. I went to hospital and had a scan and there was the little baby kicking away. Hope you get the same outcome x

Good morning, woke up today and morning sickness is there but not as much it used to be, had sore breast all night, a bit weird but my stomach feel flat could be because I've not had much to eat yesterday, and I was happy to see I've spotted nothing all night but its on again now, been feeling a bit feverish ... I'm very grumpy and decided to stay in bed today again, maybe silly but really dont want to lose the baby x

I think you're doing the right thing to rest, you don't want wind yourself up so relax as much as possible. I am glad there is no spotting today for you. I wish I could stay in bed as this little one is knocking me out but I have a 2 and a half year old and a 1 year old. I think we'll have a lazy day though. xxx

Sorry just read that you spotted nothing over night but you are now, rest and call the Dr if you are getting concerned. xx

Last edited:
i have had M/C before well i have had 4, but what ur saying sounds nothing like a miscarrige it just sounds like your having a bit of old blood (brown) i dont know if people wud like to know what i went through with miscarrige i could say on here but i dont want to upset anyone on here all i can say is it started with a bleeding like a bright red period x

Hello x just want to update ... Feel much better tonight spotting is getting lighter and I have no pain. been sick alot today so feel mord positive :) xx

Glad the spotting has stopped, it's quite ironic that being sick has made you feel better but I know what you mean!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back