Starting to get me down :(

Esoames

Reaction score
Am 28 weeks and 4 days and I'm starting to struggle with my housework and general day to day activities. This is my first baby and I'd been doing fine up until recently. Now I'm breaking down in tears as I can't reach in to the washing machine, or fill the dishwasher :(

Is this normal to feel like this? My husband is doing hid best to help but after me doing it for 9 years he's struggling to do all my chores. I'm starting to wish my pregnancy would end :( I love feeling her move around and I will miss her being in there but all I want now is to fast forward 12 weeks.

Thanks in advance
Emma x

Don't worry Emma, you will have your baby out soon and your body back, that will make everything so much easier to manage. Sit back and keep letting OH do the washing etc, with a bit of practice he ill be fine, and just think how much it will help you when the baby arrives that he is good at the jobs etc.

do you finish work soon? that will make a huge difference and you can rest and take the days at your own pace.:hugs:JJ

I've felt the same and I'm so frustrated with myself! This is my second pregnancy and first time round I had it easy-my bump was tiny, I wasn't tired, was still running around like a mad woman etc etc but this one has knocked me sideways! It's good that your OH is helping you out. You could do a compromise, he could fill the washing machine/dishwasher and do any chores out of your reach (hoovering the stairs is one I've had to relocate to my OH) and you could do the chores you can reach-ironing, cleaning kitchen work tops, hoovering downstairs for example? That way you're not doing too much but you don't have the guilt (well I feel guilty!) x try to say to yourself, ok I'll Hoover the lounge today and then anything else you do on top of that is a bonus rather than an obligation x hope this helps x

Thanks ladies :) he's pretty much banned me from anything at the moment. He's off to Orkney for a week so mum is coming over to help me get on top of things before Isla makes her appearance.

I'm so pleased my energy has returned as the first 14 weeks were awful and now I've got it back I can't use it!!!

im glad it not just me that struggles my dd has to pick up anything on the floor my mum comes round and does my kitchen floor for me im ok with everything else i also cant walk for more than about 20mins befor my back goes totally so i need lifts everywhere my poor family do nothing but run around after me

I've been quite lucky I think, it's really only the last few weeks that I've really struggled with everything. I keep on hitting the poor bump on everything I walk past and still think I can paint toenails but in reality I can't lol. Don't worry, it will all be worth it!!

im fed up too but then my mum reminded me that this is such a small part of my life, and i will never get it back so yeah, even tho its aching, painful, heavy and unattractive, i decided to enjoy my pregnancy from now on. :D

im fed up too but then my mum reminded me that this is such a small part of my life, and i will never get it back so yeah, even tho its aching, painful, heavy and unattractive, i decided to enjoy my pregnancy from now on. :D

that's a really nice way to look at it!

I try and look at it that way too. Most days I manage it, even through the exhaustion and pains but other times its SO hard! As soon as Charlie moves, it reminds me how amazing and special it all is though :)

I think I must be reali lucky this time round. With my last pregnancies I didnt work and I found them a reali struggle, this time I have been working fulltime and got my 2 kids to look after and I feel great!!! I think everyone is just different and bodies react different each time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back