Do you get any help?

tallulah73

Reaction score
How much help does everyones OH give them with the household chores?

Just wondering cos i have a family of four and im struggling already getting all the housework done and i still have 12 weeks to go!
My OH is gonna have to start helping real soon!!!

My husband is a housework freak so I he does way more housework than me. Since I've been pregnant, it's been his way of being able to help because he knew he couldn't do anything about the rubbish symptoms. I think he'll proably be the same once the baby is born, I can just imagiane him tidying up around me cos he doesn't know what to do with baby :lol:

My DH does more housework than me :oops: although in my defense I do cook all the meals & he works shifts & tends to be home more often than me. Since I stopped work I've been doing more housework though so recently its more of a team effort :D

I do all the housework and cooking and i am still at work! OH's attitude is too relaxed and if i ask him to do something it takes him forever to do it so i just end up doing it! In his defence he has done alot more recently as he can see how much i am struggling. I get really mad about it sometimes but he does does work alot to provide so i cant be too mean!

My OH is completely useless with regards to domesticity - I love him to bits and in many other areas he is invaluable but he just causes more work round the house then he ever helps with.

I have been having a tough time at work and was so fed up and upset recently I said he could do the cooking for once when I got in from work and he asked what was for tea (bearing in mind he gets in a good hour so before me as he starts earlier!) I didn't mind beans on toast I just couldn't face cooking. But he went to the chip shop because he just refuses to cook (he is fairly incompetent but I wasn't asking for a 3 course gourmet meal, something from the microwave would have sufficed!) and then I had to put it on plates as he doesn't like touching greasy chips. :roll: It was no help at all, I didn't fancy chips at all and it would have been quicker and easier if I had just cooked as per usual in the beginning without moaning. :wall: I am so jealous when other people have partners that do so much! :oops:

My OH goes in phases. He is never gonna be one of those men who takes it upon himself to get the hoover out, clean the bathroom and cook me dinner but if i ask he usually does it (just not as well as i would). Ive given up on expecting him to offer now!

I went through pretty much all of this pregnancy not asking for much help and just getting on with it myself but the last few weeks i have found really hard (especially when i keep dropping everything!) He does step in once he has seen me struggling.

I even did a list at the beginning telling him his jobs and my jobs but thats not really helped. I would love someone that did all the housework and cooking! Saying that though my friends OH wont let her lift a finger throughout the pregnancy and that would do my head in too!

No pleasing some of us!

Claire x

I have to leave things till they bug Brian and then he will go on a bad mood cleaning frenzy, gets things done tho

nori said:
Saying that though my friends OH wont let her lift a finger throughout the pregnancy and that would do my head in too!

That would drive me crazy. Our friends were round the other week and she is 20ish weeks and he was helping her get up off the couch and stuff and asking my husband why he wasn't helping me up. He said it's cos I'd smack him and he's right! :lol:

I do have to remember I'm pregnant sometimes though and my husband has started shouting at me. I got to the top of the stairs with the babys pram the other day before I remembered how much it hurts to carry stuff! Oh well! :roll:

My DH is really good - he does most of the cooking and the washing up. I do everything else and I'm still working but I dont mind coz cooking and washing up and the 2 jobs I hate most. I will try and do more when I go on mat leave so I dont feel guilty about sitting around all day!

xmcnickyx said:
nori said:
Saying that though my friends OH wont let her lift a finger throughout the pregnancy and that would do my head in too!

That would drive me crazy. Our friends were round the other week and she is 20ish weeks and he was helping her get up off the couch and stuff and asking my husband why he wasn't helping me up. He said it's cos I'd smack him and he's right! :lol:

I do have to remember I'm pregnant sometimes though and my husband has started shouting at me. I got to the top of the stairs with the babys pram the other day before I remembered how much it hurts to carry stuff! Oh well! :roll:

That so sounds like my friends OH and you so sound like me! Maybe we are like we are cos we dont know any different. Im a little concerned that when i have had the baby and i dont have time to cook i may starve though! Off to do the dinner now as it happens.. oh and put the washing on which i left in a pile all sorted which my OH has stepped over a couple of times!

nori said:
oh and put the washing on which i left in a pile all sorted which my OH has stepped over a couple of times!

Men don't seem to see these things!

Recently I have taken to putting things that need to go upstairs on the bottom steps until I need to go up because going up and down the stairs is really painful at the moment.

Neil not only manages to always step over these piles he had the cheek to moan they were in the way and could trip him up! :wall:

My hubby does the bins, and hoovers, loads and unloads the dishwasher, and does everything with the dog walks him and does his food and water so he does alot really (compared to some men lol)

mine is good if i ask him to do anything but he doesnt think to do some stuff off his own back, i wouldnt complain though as he is good as gold really with helping.

Julie84 said:
nori said:
oh and put the washing on which i left in a pile all sorted which my OH has stepped over a couple of times!

Men don't seem to see these things!

Recently I have taken to putting things that need to go upstairs on the bottom steps until I need to go up because going up and down the stairs is really painful at the moment.

Neil not only manages to always step over these piles he had the cheek to moan they were in the way and could trip him up! :wall:

LOL.. thats so funny, thats exactly what i used to do and the sort of thing my OH would say.. after posting my last one i went to put the washing on only to find that we have no washing powder.. he managed to put a load on yesterday cos i asked him to, but also managed to wash my mobile phone which is now ruined (along with the sim card).. didnt tell me the washing powder had run out either!

Ive not had a good weekend.. we have just had "words" and he said ive been unbearable for the last two days! I'm a phone down and havent slept for almost 9 months!! I have been a bit of a cow over the last couple of days though.

oops.. sorry ive gone off on one! lol

Claire x

I've just took the washing out of the dryer and put it on the table to start folding it, got totally bored and sat down again. I am totally the man in this house most of the time. :lol:

my OH does no housework at all so if im too knackered to do it, it don't get done :(

My Joe does all the cooking and food stuffs! He also does things when i ask or "hint" lol but like Hennaly, doesnt usually think of things to do without me saying! Im still waiting for him to notice the stairs need hoovering! :roll: heehee But he is really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back