So here I am - the 1 in 4

TTC no2

Reaction score
I've never found myself in this situation before.
I always knew from the moment I found i was pregnant not to be taking this for granted. It may end this way I once said to my partner.
I am thankful it's happened now in the early stages off pregnancy than later on down the line. I've already experienced going through labour at 24weeks and gave birth to my daughter still born but this missed miscarriage is something else.
I knew deep down something wasnt right. My symptoms were non existent.
Now I'm so scared to lose this naturally. The pain, the blood loss, it will come out eventually and I'm scared it happens before I go back next week. I'm frightened off seeing it. I shouldn't be but I am! What do people do with it/baby? I'm not prepare for all off this..

If I make my app next week and nothing has begun naturally what have others opted for?

I am so sorry hun. Massive hugs to you :hug:
Is there anyway you can get yourself booked in ASAP to have a surgical removal? Xx

Thanks Char X
They want to wait to confirm that its def mmc.

I'm going to get myself out of bed and stop feeling sorry for myself and get pads and some painkillers in the house to be prepared.

I'm going to continue trying to get on with plans I have made for the weekend.
I've to take my kids to swimming lessons shortly and then were treating my mum for her birthday. I've loads to keep me focus over next few days. X

Sorry for your loss xx

I agree with Jac that it’s personal decision if it does happen naturally and you pass anything. There is no right or wrong whatever you feel is best to do for you.

xx

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage. We had an early scan at 6w 6d and saw a heartbeat. Even after that I always just had this feeling something was off.. they put my EDD back by over 2 weeks after the scan. Went for 12 week dating scan and baby had not grown and no heartbeat. I opted for medical management which I wish I hadn't. It was a long and drawn out process, I wish I'd chosen surgical. What I will say is, dont suppress any emotions. Feel them all, let it out, get angry and scream and cry if you need to. Anything and everything you do feel is completely normal! I received a letter from my hospital about counselling which I have now pursued 8 months after the mmc. If you have any questions or want to chat about it feel free to send me a message my love. X

I’m so sorry you’re going through this.
I wanted surgical management but baby had stopped developing between 5-6 weeks and they wouldn’t. Mc occurred naturally the day before I was due to go in.

I wasn’t prepared for it at all, but in the morning I started getting cramps and I just knew it was going to happen. I wouldn’t have recognised it as labour, but I guess that’s what it was. Mine passed on the toilet, there was just a lot of tissue. We only ever had a sac though so no real baby or I don’t think I’d have just been able to flush it away.

however it happens I hope it goes as pain free and quickly as possible. X

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be thinking of you x

Thanks girls.
I'm actually doing much better mentally and emotionally since I found out. Having the kids and having the routine and activities we have had planned has helped me (so far).
I go back in the morning and will take there advice on board. I just want this over with and move on. (Of course still shitting myself about next part)

Thinking ahead I think I will not actively try as before. I might use ov sticks to prevent pg - we are hoping to move soon so prob not the best time for us to conceive as I want to be able to help with the lifting.

I've got myself week off from work to deal with this but I'm hoping to get back next week. The sooner I get back the better. I'm not rushing this, I've just made peace with myself over my miscarriage and I feel calm. I just feel and understand this wasnt my fault. There was something wrong with my little blob and he/she wasnt able to develop because off whatever that prob was. X

D & C booked for Friday. He did suggest I could leave things for another 10days to see if it came naturally but I told him I'm ready for this to be over with.

You could see the yolk sac and embryo all there. I thought maybe the yolk sac would be disappearing.
My poor wee blob.

I have the D&C yesterday. Went in at 8am, put on IV fluid due to fastening taken around 2pm and back up to ward for 3.30pm. My bp went low when I came back to ward. It went to 89/53. My head felt funny and still does. Back on to IV. The procedure itself went fine. I'm in no pain and very little bleeding.

Question for those who has this done:
How long has it taken for hcg to leave ur system?
Can u still ovulate whilst hcg leaves ur body?
Do I count yesterday as Cd1?

The doc actually never came back to see me. And I didnt getting asking the nurses either before i left as i forgot.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my 1st pregnancy which was my 1st ivf transfer and it hit me really bad. I found reaching out to friends and family really helped me. Sending you my love x

It took me about 4 weeks to get a negative test after my surgery. I was told that I would be highly fertile after and if I was pregnant they would use the date of the operation as the date of my last period. I didn’t bleed much for the first four days and then I bleed for about 2 weeks (not a lot just brown but enough to need a pad)

I'm so sorry for your loss..
I also had a d&c in January but a small piece of something was left inside my womb so I had positive tests for 11 weeks straight before it finally left my body. I did fall pregnant again on the 10th week but as the remaining product of conception had to come out, I had a chemical and I finally had a negative test again. I did fall pregnant right after so I guess there is some truth about being more fertile after a miscarriage.
Take some time to take care of yourself, not only physically but mentally as well.
Your blood pressure is very low, I would be careful standing up or bending down. Your body just need some rest and food to recover. It can take a few weeks for it to go back to normal. Sending you loads of hugs.:hug:

Day 15 from D&C test are fainter than before but still very noticeable. I know it can take a while but I'm so ready to see this test be negative.

rsz_20191102_150356.jpg

I remember feeling exactly the same, after several months of wanting to see a positive, it felt so wrong to want to see a negative

Day 15 from D&C test are fainter than before but still very noticeable. I know it can take a while but I'm so ready to see this test be negative.

View attachment 88823
I know how you feel, I was so anxious to finally see a bfn but was a bit dissapointed at the same time even though it meant I could start with a clean slate again. I hope you will get that bfn soon hun. :hug:

Day 17 feeling much more positive. Hcg is near gone. Test will be soon stark white

rsz_20191104_104556.jpg

Hope it’s all gone soon so you can get on with it again. X

From earlier pic above could I have ov. I've never been 28day cycle or near there before so this would be unusual.

rsz_20191104_201543.jpg

I'm happy to report I got a complete negative test today and my ov test is a a negative too. Not a hint off a test line. So I'm taking previous nearly positive tests few days back was actually just picking up the left over hcg.
Not happy to report I think I've some sort of infection down below. Antibiotics to take but whatever it takes to get myself fit and ready for whenever the time comes to try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back