This isn't Happening!!! When did it happen for you?

hope today is ok for you hunny, let us know how you are

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts :) . I have just come back from my appointment, nothing really has changed from last time. M/W said if I am comfortable with leaving it another week I can, but I can ring at any point to book the D&C and they could probably get me in within two days. I am probably in the minority here, but I really want this to happen naturally, I am not a squemish person, so the blood etc doesnt bother me at all. M/W said they usually allow a wait of 3 weeks to m/c naturally, providing the person is comfortable with that. I'll see how I go, I could end up booking in for the D &C in the end.

Hope everyone is doing ok?

xxxx

hi i did want to be put to sleep to have it all over and done with but i ended up MC naturally and i am gald i did, made me feel confident my body worked as it should do and i am back into a cycle now as got my period today so i feel better than having any tablets or anything

hi Lynette,

I think for me the thing with going natural, is that it avoids all the strong drugs and their side effects, and allows your body to do it's job, as you say your body will work as it should do.
Thats great news you are back on track now, fingers crossed for you xxx

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts :) . I have just come back from my appointment, nothing really has changed from last time. M/W said if I am comfortable with leaving it another week I can, but I can ring at any point to book the D&C and they could probably get me in within two days. I am probably in the minority here, but I really want this to happen naturally, I am not a squemish person, so the blood etc doesnt bother me at all. M/W said they usually allow a wait of 3 weeks to m/c naturally, providing the person is comfortable with that. I'll see how I go, I could end up booking in for the D &C in the end.

Hope everyone is doing ok?

xxxx

Oh bless you hun - so sorry that you are no further forward. Also sorry that you had to go through all that with the MW.. It is such a shame that they aren't able to have more funding for wome like us... Sadly we sometimes seem bottom of the pile. I am glad you are not too angry about it though!

I was not offered any medical intervention at all, I just kept getting told 'we'll check you next week and see how things loook then' there was no talk or offer of Medical intervention at any point.

I must make it clear that I started spotting at just 5w+ and all along I was told I was going to have M/C, I went back at 6w and at 7w and although they never said the fetus was dead (in so many words) they made it pretty clear that this pregnancy would not progress. However it did progress each week - albeit not in the way it should have - so I was given a tiny glimmer of hope. I could and would not have accepted any medical intervention whilst there was still a sliver of a chance my pregnnacy would progress...

It got to the stage when I had to ask them what the Hell would happen if nature didn't take its course and they still kind of fobbed me off - mainly as they didn't know. My M/C was deemed as quite unusual and I saw the senior consultant each time as technically I should have miscarried quickly yet things kept moving along when no-one expected them to..

Sorry - that was a very long winded way of me saying I totally understand you wanting to wait. As Horribe as the M/C itself actually was I was also slightly relieved, and I was also glad my body did what it needed to do, that gave me faith that I still kind of work properly.

My situation was different though and had I been told catergorically my fetus was dead I'm not sure I could have hung in for 3 weeks as it was a very long, sad wait.

I hope you have your natural resolution soon Karolina and I do understand why you want to wait

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
hi Carnat

I know, thinking back to it, it was pretty bad!! I had too many other things on my mind to be angry, and the M/W was lovely, it just seemed to be a breakdown in communication.....still, it defo shouldnt be happening!! I think the problem is us M/C cases are seen in the same early pregnancy centre that all pregnant women are, there really should be a separate unit dealing with the M/C cases!!

That must have been a horrible wait from 5 weeks onwards, wondering and waiting if and when the m/c would occur....they do have guidelines to work along, if the gestational sac is more than 2cm and there is no fetal pole or yolk sac, or if there is a non developing fetus, they can pretty much determine a M/C. As you say, it seems you we're a slightly different case in that it did progress. Very very difficult though being told each week you would m/c but having no option but to wait it out! I too had slight brown bleeding at 5 wks or so, but thought nothing of it !!! It was extremely slight and I thought that it was implantation bleeding, though I did text my hubby at the time and said to him I thought it was all over!!! But the discharge stopped, and I had all pregnancy symptoms for another 5 weeks!! I guess if I had contacted my doctor at 5 wks about the bleeding they would have done an early scan and it would have been an even longer waiting game for me than it is now!!!
So, in a way even though I spent almost 3 months thinking I was pregnant, building hopes up etc, the other side of the coin is finding out early that you have or will m/c and then having to go through hell waiting!!! I'm not sure which is worse really!!!

If this doesnt happen natrually I'll be going for the D&C, I'm very stubborn n will endure lots though so I wont give in easily!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back