short of breath

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
I know im only really early but is anyone else suffering with this?. i have read up on it and apparently can be normal with the increase in blood movement and use of red blood cells. i dont feel unwell with it but just now and again i catch my own breath!! am normally fit and active person who goes to gym and walks the dog for miles a day!! x:eh:

I did, had it horribly. It will pass. just take things slowly if you can to avoid hyperventilating.

xxx

Thanks shadow wolf. you have reassured me. i know that you can read up on these things but i think its much better to hear of personal experiances x

if you want to improve it a bit, up your iron intake, spatone is really good :)

lots of red meat and orange juice (though both these things give me chronic indigestion so i am now struggling to find a way to keep myself topped up) and other iron rich foods like spinach, should make it a bit easier x

I have had that! Stairs are a particular cause. Also I have noticed that when I swim even though I have slowed it right down I am puffing a little after a couple lengths and have to stop. Before I was pg I could swin for 30-40mins without stopping!

i Thanks ladies, bigbump where can you get spatone?? never heard of it before. i prob do need a little pick me up just to keep on top of it. is it normal for this time of pregnancy?x

you can get it from boots, its a natural source of Iron (rather than the very unnatural tablets the doc gives you) and it will just bump up your bloods Iron levels a bit, helping you feel that your breaths are working a bit better :)

I notice i get really short of breath at the gym quicker than i used to,feels like i cant quite fill my lungs to capacity xx

yeah its very strange isnt it!! i felt something similar this xmas when i was skiing and had altitude sickness!! (although dont feel half as bad now)xx

me too, finding the exersize a bit harder and even the fast walk/ run to school when I'm late, I must look like a goldfish gaouping for air!!

lol jj mum i can just imagine an out of breath goldfish at the school gates gasping for air!! i was on the phone to my mum the other day and walked up the stairs and she was getting all concerned going why are you so outta breath!! x i was so oblivious to all the changes that pregnancy makes for you!!! x

didn't think about the iron thing tho, I was on iron after MC, but not now, wonder what all our iron scores are , we will have to wait till after we book in with midwife to find out I guess, I had better try and make sure more in the diet, and see if it helps, as I'm actually quite fit at mo, but makes you feel about 90 doesn't it!

I know my body is running at a snails pace. I was being investigated for a suddenly slow metabolism ( put on 1.5 stone in 4 months) and irratic sugar levels before i fell pregnant. I have bloat on top of bloat and takes a good 10 mins of walking for my muscles to stop hurting. Just do not seem to be releasing energy to the muscles. Im puffing and panting just tottering about!!

Roll on the 2nd trimester :lol:

Sound like low iron. Spa Tone is great - I'd recommend it. I felt less lethargic and out of breath within a few days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back