Heart Paulpatations (sp?)

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after some advice really.........recently i've been suffering with strong heart paulpatations (sp?) where i can feel my heart speeding up and pumping faster as well as needing to take more breath. I read somewhere that our heart does infact increase in pregnancy around 20%to be able to pump more blood round our body.......but wanted to know if anyone else suffers with this and how to help it really??

Thanks

Amy xx

I also get these from time to time even before I was pregnant.

Don't worry to much thought apparetly they are quite common during pregnancy, but it would still be worth talking to your midwife about it.

Most common causes are excercise, stress and anxiety.

abviosly during pregnancy your heart is under alot more pressure due the extra blood and weight we carry.

Just relax and take it easy and they will normally pass quite quickly.

xSuzx

Thanks xsuzx,

Nice to know........i'am not the only one feeling like this........it was just starting to frustrate me and get me down.

I think with all the hype, late nights too much chocolate and people staying at ours over crimbo and new year......i've probably just been doing a bit too much and stressing out.

Hope you are feeling well

Thanks again

Amy xx

I also have the same thing happen to me for years and I was on medication for it until becoming pregnant. I find that by drinking a large glass of iced water it will click your heart back into rythm. I still experienced it when pregnant and water really helped, also if i was sitting sitll or ate something my body will react to it and my heart will race, by the end of it all (20 minutes later) it's as though I have ran a marathon, left totally exhausted and I will sleep for hours.

try the iced water, just guzzle it...

Tineke

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back