She's been admitted :(

Well I've had the most sleep I've had in ages, but then I will with a smacked up baby I guess won't i? :shock:

She hasn't got herself really upset since we started this medicine so it is obviously effective.

She slept 11.30-3.30 and then 4.15-8.30 but peacefully slept, no e of this shuffling about and grunting nonsense that she does usually.

They won't be keeping her sedated for very long though so this will be temporary. I don't really like having a smacked up baby either really :(

Morning chick.I can imagine you don't like her drugged up but at least you e both had a decent nights sleep by the sound of it

Fingers crossed today is a good one for you all xx

She's that sleepy I can't feed her this morning :(

Don't worry about that, they will soon stop sedating and hopefully she will come out of it happy and bouncing and smiling. Fx the reflux meds worked too:hug:
Try to get her clothes of to wake her a little for her to feed.
I am curious to see of after the reflux meds she will want feeding as often as before.

I think a good sleep can work wonders for both of you

What a shame they have had to sedate her at such a young age. I know you both got rest but I cant help thinkin they've done the sedation as an easy option rather than build a full picture over time and then provide options.
I know they are the professionals but it still doesn't get to the bottom of the issues you are havin. Hopefully the meds will help and she doesn't need the sedation again.

What did they give her? Phenergan or vallergan?

Hope you get answers and home soon

It sounds like both of you needed that sleep. I know its not nice seeing a doped up baby but at least she's not in pain & perhaps the reflux meds are working a bit too & helping her sleep peacefully. Plus, she's got alot of sleep to catch up on!

As someone else said, why not start getting her washed & dressed to rouse her a bit.

Hope you have a better day today
xxxxxxxx

What a shame they have had to sedate her at such a young age. I know you both got rest but I cant help thinkin they've done the sedation as an easy option rather than build a full picture over time and then provide options.
I know they are the professionals but it still doesn't get to the bottom of the issues you are havin. Hopefully the meds will help and she doesn't need the sedation again.

What did they give her? Phenergan or vallergan?

Hope you get answers and home soon

They are giving her chloral hydrate it says in the notes? I don't really like the thought of her being sedated but they insist it is to break the cycle of her getting hysterical.

The latest doctor has come round again telling me she doesn't think she is crying in pain and she is 'one of those babies' :wall: I fail to see how they can conclude that when she is arching her back, flinging herself around and screaming for ages

She is still on the ranitidine so we'll see how that helps

:hug: it must be so frustrating seeing so many different doctors and having so many different opinions. It would be interesting to know how many of them have kids themselves and what they were like.

I can understand them sedating her to give her rest but they need to break her cycle of pain not hysterics. Hopefully the rinitidine will make an improvement xxxxxxx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337597021.592596.jpg

Sleeping Tilly :(

She's not even waking for a feed when she should be due

On the plus side for me....there is a VERY handsome doc on the ward today lol

Lol for the handsome doctor !!! Where I work we only have one male and it's our boss and well ugly :sick:

Maybe you tell them to lower the dose of the sedative?

On a positive note she really gets rested, she probably had lots of catching up to do.
About what doctor said about not being in pain it somehow has a note of truth as if she was in great pain a mild sedative wouldn't keep her asleep ifykwim.
That Dosent ofc mean that she Dosent have reflux. It Dosent need to be in pain to get really hysterical.
Reflux is uncomfortable even for adults, no wonder that a small baby gets so upset from that.
Fx that ranitidine help and you will see some improvement really soon :hug:
She looks beautiful I must say:)

How long has she been asleep now? Are they gonna keep sedating her or was it a one off?

Oooh fit doctor, take a photo of him lol xxx

aww, look at tilly, sleeping so peacefully, hope you are getting some rest too. xx

She does look incredibly peaceful, her bunny however looks rather alarmed lol

Good looking doc huh? Maybe we could all come and visit lol xxxxxx

It's not a bunny it's the gruffalo mouse

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337601825.351248.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member