Admitted to hospital!!!!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Poor Ella has been vomiting so badly that last night, I decided enough ea enough and I would take her to the A and E. I thought I'd be laughed at and called neurotic, but decided I needed to do it anyway!

Got there and was seen by triage who took me immediately up to the paeds assessment unit ward. There they ran tests, took blood and did an x ray and spotted nothing wrong. That is until they let her feed and she vomited all over me!

Panic set in for the docs, and Ella was admitted! At 3 am she was taken to her cubicle, and at 4 am the lights were turned off! At 6am the doc came in for another blood test. In all of this, I obviously didn't sleep! I just felt so upset!

Today, she has ha ultrasounds, an a special type of x ray where they used a special liquid to trace the journey of Ella's feeds! Bless her - they saw straight away that she was suffering with severe reflux!!!

We are still on hospital an Ella is being monitored! Fingers crossed she is now keeping her feeds down, but we have to feed every 2 hours... Plus now on top of her diuretics, she's taking ranitidine - an antacid to help her!!!

I feel so sorry for her... And sooooo exhausted!!!!

Update: Ella has managed to keep 7 bottles down- plus has breast fed an kept that down too! She has also kept all of her diuretics down and the ranitidine... I am sooo relieved!

Doc has said that if she continues like this, they expect her to be able to go home tonight! Fingers crossed girls!!!!

awww big hugs for you and Ella hope she gets better soon xxx

Goodness how scary for you :hug: just goes to show you should follow your instincts xxx

Is she on Gaviscon? Poor little mite. Tilly has severe reflux so I know how awful it is.

I hope the ranitidine helps xx

That must have been horrible for you! Poor little Ella, glad you followed your instincts and took her in and I hope she is a lot better now xx

Oh hun, u poor thing and poor LO! I hope things improve quickly for u and that she is home soon xxx

Aaaw i hope Ella feels better soon ! & you get some rest xox

That must have been awful :hug: hope she is better soon xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Hun, what a trauma for you both!! So pleased they have taken you serious and are supporting you both xx

Hope she's feeling, better soon, poor baby & poor mummy xx

Awww... Bless you both. Hope she s soon feeling better. Xx

Poor wee thing. Georgia has ranitidine too, she seems to quite like the taste - it goes down much better than the gaviscon did. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Hope you are both ok and she is on the mend soon x

Aw hun really hope you're ok and Ella gets better soon xx

:hug: Oh hunny! I really hope she feels better soon, and you manage to get some rest xxxxxxxxxx

poor you hope you get some rest. There is loads of us with reflux babies some silent (no vomiting just acid) and some with the vomiting. xxxxxxxx

Oh bless her. Hope she gets better soon xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Poor Ella hope she feels better soon, & poor you that must of been horrible for you :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back