Doctor sent us the the hospital

Aw poor little baby, im glad they have referred you and hope you get some answers soon xx

Oh gosh how awful for poor little Harlow and you :( I hope you're okay and they manage to get to the bottom of it soon. Have they said anything about her maybe having an intolerance to the milk?

:hugs: xx

Aww thanks ladies :)

We are home now. They said its a Gastroesophageal reflux and is on two different types of medicine to help her. They gave her the first doses and it seems to have calmed her down a hell of a lot! I actually got a smile out of her this morning! Usually she ignores me and just cries lol. They weighed her and she is 9lb 14oz so she has gained weight since her last weighing. Only a pound in 3 weeks but they seemed happy with that. We have her bed on the ward still for the next 48 hours incase she flares up again we can just walk straight back in. They are going to review her in a few weeks to see if they need to up the dosage sizes or lessen them or whether it's actually something totally different.

I think doctors sometimes need to be careful just diagnosing crying babies with colic without fully checking things! It seems to be every time a mother goes as they are concerned about excessive crying they just fob you of with "it's just colic and you need to cope with it as it will pass soon"
X

X

Glad u r home hun ! And that u got smiles this morning xxx

I hate that they fob people off all the time in glad they've listened and took action! It's great they are keeping a bed for her that good piece of mind! Hopefully She won't need it and things will get better :hug:

So glad they gave her meds. I hope your lo feels better. I feel like babies probably mostly only cry for a reason, and doctors made up colic when they couldn't figure out why they were crying. Just my opinion lol!

So glad you got sorted!!!! Hopefully the meds will kick in and work for her has she been given baby Gaviscon and renitadine??? Xxx

So glad you got sorted!!!! Hopefully the meds will kick in and work for her has she been given baby Gaviscon and renitadine??? Xxx

No, she doesn't have Gaviscon, but she does have renitadine, she also has domperidone. x

She's absolutely fab now! Cannot believe the difference! She rarely cries now unless she needs a nappy. change or hungry. I have a whole new baby. She has actually just slept from 9:30pm and only woke 5 hours later for her feed! That is the longest she's ever slept! Thank you for asking :) xx

That's great news! You must be so happy! Xx

I am over the moon! Can't stop telling her how much of a good girl she is this morning lol. After I put her down at 9.30pm she woke at 2.30am for a feed, she finished 4 oz within 15 minutes and burped straight away. That's the most she has ever drank. Put her straight back down and she only woke at 6.45! Fed her again and she went straight back down with no fuss and woke at 9.45! I think thats some good going for a 7 week old! x

What a difference for you both! You must be over the moon! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back