Sebastian Edward - From positive test to proud big boy <3

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
Ive never been one for creating journals, in fact ive been rather rubbish with them:lol:. So this is Sebastian's journal!, ill be documenting him growing into (hopefully) a very rounded, respectful individual!:)

So for the first entry I should tell a story of how Sebastian came to be the second most important man/boy in my life!:).

In my teenage years I was adamant i wasn't having kids, i really didn't like them i even quit my foundation award in childcare because they we're really that bad:lol: (I still passed lol), no boyfriend i ever dated wanted kids so i felt right at home, until i got to 21 and met my now current partner, Ian (26). Ian was one of those guys who from the word go wanted kids and I put such a dampener on his spirits when i kept telling him id be a slave to birth control for as long as i lived:lol:

Our relationship went from strength to strength and shortly after our year anniversary i gave in to the thought of children and stopped birth control!, during our rather winding up and down journey i suffered 2 chemical pregnancies which knocked us back each and everytime. The second time it happened I completely lost it and said no more!:shakehead:, hastily Ian agreed and for the next 4 months the thought of having kids never crossed our mouths!.

I was due to start a diploma in Beauty Therapy in September 2011, i was rather excited I had bought all my kit and uniform and now all i had to do was wait for my start date!, about a week before i was due to start college i woke up one morning feeling a bit peculiar but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I was a week and one day late for my period but refused to get my hopes up as I had been over 2 weeks late before and it had come to nothing, eventually Ian caught wind of me being late and encouraged me to test!. The next morning he went out with his mother to meet his sister from the train station who was coming to stay with us for a while!. The house was quiet so i decided..What the hell i might as well test I have nothing to lose!..So i did my test in the bathroom and set it down on the end of the bath!, what seemed like a lifetime i decided to look back and saw two bright pink lines staring back at me!..My first response was 'What the hell!!', i thought the test was broken so i grabbed the other and repeated the test..The test line was coming up before the control line!:shock:

I quickly text Ian and told him i was pregnant and the test was positive..His reply 'Seriously?'..He thought i was messing with him so I saved the tests until he came back home!, he came bounding up the stairs when he came home..We didn't say a word but we both knew..We we're having a baby finally :). All our scans worked out normal and My due date was moved from the 28th May 2012 to the 24th :)!

Today Sebastian is almost 8 months old, and i couldn't imagine life without him at the moment :)..We're almost waiting until June 2013 to TTC our second baby..Im so excited :D..Ive also linked my birth story here for those who wanted to read it =]

Sebastian's Birth Story <33l

Last edited:
What a lovely first post! I'm so sorry you had to go through 2 chemicals though.
Looking forward to following your journal! Xx

Thank you for stalking my journal! :D:wave:

I have a very grumpy Sebastian tonight :|, his teeth are giving him some right grief tonight the poor soul he's been so off his food when he usually loves his food..He's not long gone down so fingers crossed he'll sleep the whole night!:). In this entry im going to talk about how we came to name our baby Sebastian :)..I can probably guarantee a different story everytime I write!:)

For the whole of my pregnancy we'd always had difficulty picking names, we even went as far as buying a baby name book to help us along some!, to be honest it was as much use as a chocolate fireguard!:lol:, every name we came across was either too common or just too weird and naming him was getting increasingly frustrating, we had both settled on a middle name of 'Edward' as Ian's middle name is Edward and his father was an Edward, he passed away when Ian was 7..I think:oooo: so we thought we'd pass it down for traditions sake but we we're still to find a first name!

My parents suggested such common names that i was on the verge of losing my temper with them several times (I blame the hormones lol!), we we're watching tv one night together and Seb' was wiggling around as Ian had his hand on my stomach and suddenly the name 'Sebastian' came up on the film credits we we're watching and I heard Ian chirp up with approval before turning to me and saying..What about Sebastian?, i was unsure about it at first but we had our two choices..Ezekiel or Sebastian, but looking back i dont actually like the sound of Ezekiel Edward, i do like the name Ezekiel as its quite unique so we're deciding to keep it for the next baby if its a boy :D

The name continued to grow on me through the remainder of my pregnancy, We didn't decide his name until I was around 27 weeks I was pretty proud to say what my babies name was before he was even bored, and somehow he seemed to learn his name as whenever someone close to me said his name he'd let out a few wiggles and kicks much to my delight! :D

My parents safe to say didn't like his name one bit and even tried to persuade me to change it!, I was pretty stubborn and didn't back down :) and now they love his name and say it really suits him! =]

So thats a story of how he got his name and how we finalised it! :)..Ill hopefully update with another story on part of my pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back