school uniform

trixipaws

Reaction score
was just at the supermarket and on the end of one aisle there were rails of gingham girls' summer uniform dresses, in yellow, blue and pink/red (i think). it made me think (as i kno i'm carrying a princess) i'd like her to have the uniform with the prettiest colours! ( :roll: :lol: )has anyone else considered that a factor when choosing schools?!

what are peoples main reasons for choosing schools? i think most people choose location and reputation as most important dont they.

the most important thing in my opinion is that the school is cosmopolitan, i wouldnt want my daughter to grow up small-minded from not meeting a wide enough variety of people from different backgrounds and stuff.

but a pretty uniform matters somewhat too! ( :lol: :roll: )

i asked my OH if we could send alice to the private school down the road the other day. his response was not that it would be too expensive, but that he didn't want her wearing their green uniform and 'silly' sun hats.

i want alice to go to my old school. me, my brother and sister went there, and my mum is currently a mid day assistant (she is leaving so she can look after alice while i go back to work).

Ella goes to a nursery with uniform, they can either have red/blue/green or orange i think it is but i chose red

I want to send emily to a good school but with a pretty uniform lol
im not materilistic (sp?) and would soley base it on uniform, but id love the uniform to be cute lol
We have a private school here and their uniforms are so cute, but its like £5000 a year :?

I chose my sons school for the area and the school itself, they wear a white polo shirt, grey trousers and a red jumper. There are others locally where their uniforms are either green or brown. No matter how good they were, I wouldn't send him as I can't stand those two colours. The brown has a yellow polo shirt, they look awful together. :eek:

I would choose a school based on reputation, results and how 'happy' i thought the chidlren seemed when I viewed it. Don't give a stuff about the colour of the uniform as everyone there is wearing the same what does it matter?

I think a good ethos is important :D

Freya said:
I would choose a school based on reputation, results and how 'happy' i thought the chidlren seemed when I viewed it. Don't give a stuff about the colour of the uniform as everyone there is wearing the same what does it matter?

I think a good ethos is important :D

That's the good thing about uniforms. Kids aren't feeling in competition wearing the latest thing. I still personally hate green and brown though so it would stop me sending my kids there.

sorry gonna be a bit controversial (spl) here.
and I'm not having a dig at anyone in particular

Are some of you actually saying that if there was a school that got better results and the kids actually seemed to enjoy going there and it had all the facilities etc that you would want from a school that you wouldnt send your children there based on the colour of the uniform??????!!!!!!!! :think: :shock:

when I changed to senior school I didnt get any of the choices that my parents wanted and I am sure that they would have preferred me to go to a better school with a naff uniform then the school I ended up in!

No I wouldn't but I just have such a dislike for those colours, I wouldn't put my child in them. They would have to be dressed different. :D

Yes I've thought about that :oops: I had the blue or red gingham dresses when I was at school...I'm having a little boy so not as worried now but the local school is blue gingham the village school yellow gingham the little private school up the road have specially made pink ones for the juniors...so cute!! The standard uniform is blue/grey at the town school, brown and yellow in the village and red and grey at the private school.

trixipaws said:
was just at the supermarket and on the end of one aisle there were rails of gingham girls' summer uniform dresses, in yellow, blue and pink/red (i think). it made me think (as i kno i'm carrying a princess) i'd like her to have the uniform with the prettiest colours! ( :roll: :lol: )has anyone else considered that a factor when choosing schools?!

what are peoples main reasons for choosing schools? i think most people choose location and reputation as most important dont they.

the most important thing in my opinion is that the school is cosmopolitan, i wouldnt want my daughter to grow up small-minded from not meeting a wide enough variety of people from different backgrounds and stuff.

but a pretty uniform matters somewhat too! ( :lol: :roll: )

i don't give a monkeys fat ass what colour the schhol uniforn is. i looked on the ofsted repoorts and went for the best school in the county and applied

they wouldn't accept me! im too naughty

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back