AP programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love a rangerover because my main priority on the road is the safty of my children we drive so carefull im not having some prat smash into my car and take my world from me. and they look great :wink:

im with it now hels lol. i thought maybe she has a older child called charlotte then i thought well thats not nice saying she wants to spend all her time with charlotte and not charlie. im such a dimwit

but your ticker says 18days untill you marry, that confused me more cause i thought??? hummm im sure she was offering me wedding cake at the meet :lol:

Dionne I can understand the safety aspect but what if you had one and crashed into say a fiesta with children in it? The thought of one of those crashing into us in our 306 makes me feel sick :(

LMAO :rotfl: Sorry Dionne, the ticker thing i really must sort out! it is 18 days SINCE i married DH. i just dont know how to change it!! :oops:

The Range Rover is YET to be voted "Safest Car of the Year". I know that the Laguna won hands down a couple of years ago.

Range Rover... no thanks! :shakehead: Pretentious and overpriced!

Emilia xx

yes there is the risk of me smashing into some little car but i drive very good i bet all people say that though but safty on the road is a big thing to me. the thought of a range rover crashing into my matiz is so scary, so if i cant beat them il join them.... when im rich that is :lol:

kris works for landrover he starts getting 30% disscont soon :cheer:

but untill then iv got my VW passat with my tow bar 8)

I'm planning a home birth, I want to breastfeed, I plan to use reuseable nappies. I don't consider myself to be 'alternative' in the slightest.

The comment about the range rover crashing into a fiesta - anything crashing into a fiesta would likely cause a lot of damage. If a fiesta crashed into another fiesta - damage. I'd rather worry about the safety of my children than someone elses (sorry if that sounds selfish).

maybebaby said:
The comment about the range rover crashing into a fiesta - anything crashing into a fiesta would likely cause a lot of damage. If a fiesta crashed into another fiesta - damage. I'd rather worry about the safety of my children than someone elses (sorry if that sounds selfish).

Exactly - i had a head on crash with a motorbike last year, i was in a skoda octavia, the bike was in bits but it also wrote off my car in the process. i had Ewan in the back - at 3 months old and also my mum - it really shook us both up - and although the car did its job it saved our lives (had the biker been going any faster it would have trapped me in to the car.) i said to my hubby i wanted some thing more substantial. we looked at other cars but came to the decision that a 4x4 would be more practical for us.
i consider my self a very safe driver and my husband has a Rospa Gold award for driving - but yet we can all be victims of stupidity from another party - the biker in question came away unhurt - but he started to overtake a car on double white lines - and lost control.
I have since had a letter from my insurance saying that they have been unable to trace the biker or his insurance company so obviously gave false details to me and the police.
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Sorry went off the point a bit!! lol

You have more visability in a 4x4 you are higher up, and people don't tennd to pull out in front of you, believe me i've have my fair share of Fiestas pull out in front of me, dangerously and then they have 'baby on board' in their back window :shock:
:roll:

who have both given up their jobs to dedicate themselves full time to their three children, ranged between seven and two.
I with Hels on this one. I'm all for free choice in child rearing, but who foots the bill for the whole family who have DECIDED to stop working/contributing financially to the government? Erm...... would that be the rest of us then?

Anyone know where I can get myself one of those knitted uterus' though? might be handy for spare change...........

Joking aside, agree with views already shared that it's shame we only get to see the extreme side of these things, I WILL be watching though...... :)

Hey Hypernorm, I pass that car menders every day lol, just down the road from my house, lol

Wow, quite a range of views!!

I have to say I am with Emilia, I am passionate about APing but I am not in the extereme. I breastfeed, don't always shave my legs as I can't be arsed, do co-sleep when Sseren wakes up in the night though me and OH don't have sex in front of her (she goes to Nanny's every week and we take advantage of free time then), am into my cloth etc. I feel very isolated at times amongst other parents as I am not "mainstream" (I don't mean that in a derogatroy way), I get comments such as "still breastfeeding?","what's wrong with the buggy?" when I'm wearing her, "she should be in a cot" and the amount of times I get told I hold her too much, because I don't leave her in her buggy when we are out etc. Thankfully I met some people on here that have really helped me though I stopped going to mother and baby groups as I was fed up with being the weirdo. It works both ways.

The thing about the car seats I would imagine, though I haven't seen the programme, is the fact that you see a lot of people with the travel systems with their babies in the car seat bit, and they use it constantly whereas babies should only be in them for a little while and should be lying falt where possible.

Beanie we can be weirdos together. I don't give a fook what other people think of me, I do what's best for me and my daughter. I got asked by another mum on Tuesday whether I'd considered putting her on the bottle, I had to word my reply very carefully!! I was also told yesterday by a ff mum of a 6 week old that she couldn't bear the thought of breastfeeding for 6 months - I mean, how offensive? I didn't slag off her chosen method of feeding (even though she did change her reasons for not bf about 4 times so there is obviously some underlying issues there :roll: ) so why was she allowed to slag off mine?
That's what annoys me. It's perfectly acceptable for bf mums to be the minority weirdos and for our methods to be questioned and ridiculed, but not for bottle feeding for fear of upsetting the mother.

I don't see them doing a program about women who leave their kids in their car seats whilst their at home cos 'junior is more comfy in it', or try to do controlled crying when their baby is 6 weeks, feed their children crap (I don't mean formula) etc etc. No it's the mothers that are thinking of their kids that are weirdos! This world is seriously fooked up.

So lets all tune into channel 5, ridicule and gasp in astonishment at those mothers and think that all AP types are like that and let their kids shit on the floor. How wonderful.

you both seem to have big insecurities??? why???

just because there is going to be a programe on about wierdos you assume every one is going to think it of you? is that what you want? is it for attention?

you dont no nothing out of the ordinary? i hold my children as often as possible and loads of normal mums breast feed and use reuseible nappies? so you dont need to feel like you are one of a kind.

whats the big problem?

I don't see them doing a program about women who leave their kids in their car seats whilst their at home cos 'junior is more comfy in it'

and if my LO is more comfy in his car seat at home whats wrong wih that?? what SHOULD he be in?? shouldnt i just worry about my child being happy and not what looks best or makes me look a better mother?

and i think that you have a certain image of mothers. eg if a mother does controlled crying at 6weeks this then means the feed their child crap :roll: .
what exactly is feeding a child crap in your eyes? cause i dont no any mothers that do?

woh hold on Dionne, where in my post does it say I am doing anything out of the ordinary. My gripe was that whenever the media do anything about other forms of parenting it is always the extreme forms they show. I don't feel like I am anyhting special, but I do get criticicised and comments about co-sleeping and still breastfeeding. That doesn't make me feel special but it does make me feel on my own sometimes. I was going on about my experience not anyone elses. As for questioning whether I have any insecurities I personally think you are being well out of order there. I haven't criticised you so why have a go at me!!!!!

the reason i asked if you have some insecurites is because, there is a show on tv about some complete wierdos and you asume every one will think this of you because you are a "AP"

If there was a show on tv about bad mothers that keep babies in car seats feed them "crap" use buggies use cots wean early bottle feed. ect the list goes on. i wouldnt get anoyied about it just because a few of them things apply to me :? .

all you do different to most mums is co-sleep and carry your child. so i dont no why you assume every one will think wrong of you because of some crazy show thats on.

I don't think anyone will think bad of me because of a programme. I just wish that the media would show a balanced programme about AP, as I think that it would be interesting, and would have given me more info on AP. When I was struggling with the way I looked after Seren I personally would have found that helpful but a programme about the "freaks" doesn't. After that extreme breastfeeding programme all I get is "she'll be like that 7 year old if you carry on", why is she? And I wanted to get other views on it, my intention was not to go "look at me everyone" or have someone tell me I must have insecurities.

well thats great if you aint got insecurities stop assuming that if im slagging of extreme ap that im slagging of you, because im not!

Kina said:
Beanie we can be weirdos together. I don't give a fook what other people think of me, I do what's best for me and my daughter. I got asked by another mum on Tuesday whether I'd considered putting her on the bottle, I had to word my reply very carefully!! I was also told yesterday by a ff mum of a 6 week old that she couldn't bear the thought of breastfeeding for 6 months - I mean, how offensive?

I don't see them doing a program about women who leave their kids in their car seats whilst their at home cos 'junior is more comfy in it', or try to do controlled crying when their baby is 6 weeks, feed their children crap (I don't mean formula) etc etc. No it's the mothers that are thinking of their kids that are weirdos! This world is seriously fooked up.

Sorry in now way do i think you are a weirdo, i hope that didn't come across in my post - i BF Ewan till about 8 months but then he started biting so i stopped - it is hard and i met alot of critiscism from my mum and dad "so when you going to put him on the bottle" and "bottle will be easier" no it would be easier if you supported me in my choice!

I do agree with you when parents are trying to control cry a 6 week old baby that it just wanting attention/food/warmth and not just crying to annoy its mum. there is also to much pressure with people trying to get their 6 week old to sleep through the night. i think you know what i mean.
Ewan still doesn't sleep through yet!! and he is one!
I do my bit for the save the earth in moderation, and i try to be an open parent, and i admire people who stick up for what they believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back