Scans

firstangel

Reaction score
I dont really understand why all hospitals or areas are diffrent? but was wondering when you all got offered scans on the NHS?

Last time I got offered a scan anytime from 8 weeks, but I had a suspected etopic, so was scanned at 5 weeks and then 7 weeks, and 11 weeks.

This time I will have my scan next week, @ 8 weeks, then another scan at about 12 weeks, and not sure what else, or what others I will get offered

here we get a 12 + 20 week scan unless there are problems

Only get a 12 and 20 week scan too. Find the whole thing bizarre.....no one at any stage as actually checked I'm pregnant!!!!!?!?!!? I could be a mystery shopper for all they know checking out services! :rotfl: :rotfl:

mum2be? said:
same here got mine next friday 18th cant wait :cheer: :cheer:

mum2be? said:

same here - i want another one so having yet another 4D scan so i can see bubs in a few weeks!! :cheer:

We're the same two scans - dating scan (which our hospital seem to do at 10/11 weeks) and anomoly scan at around 20 weeks.

With Lucy I had an additional scan at 37 weeks to check she wasn't breech.

Just a 20 week scan in my part of Bristol but in other parts you get one at 12 weeks too- postcode lottery I guess!

+++

Only 20 week Rosebay?!?!? I thought they did the Nuchal scan at around 12 weeks standard for everyone?!?!

My hospital (Gloucester) like to scan at 11 weeks, my first scan will be at 12 weeks and is on Monday! Thats only as I return from France then!

I am guessing I get another at 20 weeks?

quiteone said:
Only 20 week Rosebay?!?!? I thought they did the Nuchal scan at around 12 weeks standard for everyone?!?!

Nope! Don't get me started! I was told it was the Bristol policy but there have been ladies in here who live in other bits of Bristol who get one as standard, at the same hospital too. I think it depends on the healthcare trust you fall under. They said that the 12 week was just a dating scan and so we didn't need one. Pants! If you want one you have to pay £150 at the private hospital. I think there are some places in Britain where they don't get a 20 week one, just a 12 week one (someone on here talked about it once) so I think it al varies which is very unfair. I'll bang on about it a lot- apologies now!

+++

Thats ok!! If it was me I would be bangin on about it too!!!! I dont think I could wait until 20 weeks to see buba....need something to convince me there is someone inside there!

Have you tried looking around for other private scan places? I found one near me and they only seem to charge about £90? (i think)

With my son I only had a 20 week scan but they have recently started to give 12 week dating scans as well. So with this pregnancy I had one at 12 and 20 weeks. The 12 week is just a dating scan though.

hello!
when i went to see my gp he told me my first scan would be between 8-10 weeks.
the appointent came through last week and i will be 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant (if i have my dates right!)
i got my not sure about my 2nd one but im assuming it will be around 20 weeks? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back