Scan Number 4 updated :)

kanga86

Reaction score
So as the title says I'm off for my 4th scan today. This is my official 12 week scan, and I don't feel as excited as I should be! I'm happy I get to see Roo gain but half the excitement of seeing them for the first time has been taken away after my early scan last week :( feel a bit like a bad mummy for not being excited about it!

Think because I have only had bad experiences of scans at the hospital, I'm just not looking forward to it. Hoping it's not the same lady who did my scan last time because she was quite rude and matter of fact about no baby being seen, just got sent on our way straight after. :(

I know it's going to be totally different this time as I know Roo is ok, but can't help but feel this is going to be another bad experience I think I was so spoilt last week at my private scan, with loads of pics and a video etc that this scan just feels as though it's going to be a let down!

For the ladies who have had their 12 week scans how long are u in there for? Do u get a look at baby moving around or is it rushed. Like there's baby, measures right, see u later? Xx

Last edited:
Yeay for 12 week scan! It seems to have come around quick, probs not for you mind lol.

Probs not what you want to hear but my 12 week scan was a real disappointment.

We went in and she showed us baby on the screen straight away and then turned the screen to face her, she then spent 15-20 mins pressing really hard and poking at me to get the baby to move into a good position to do the nuchal measurement. She was really quiet throughout too which sent me into a panic. I barely got to see the baby tbh, it was better for hubby as he was sat where he could see but I couldn't see at all. :(

Hope it is different for you x

See that's what I'm worried about, the private scan was so amazing I got to sit the for at least 10 mins watching baby move around on the screen. I would rather be prepared for a rushed experience before going in.

It sucks u didn't get to see much ur self of ur scan! :(

To get to 10 weeks flew by, but 10-12 weeks seems to have dragged so much! Only 3 days left in tri 1 now though :D xx

Good luck for this afternoon Kanga, sure you'll enjoy it once you are there and feel just as excited!

good luck kanga! ahh cant wait for my scan xxx

I think once you get in there you,ll enjoy seeing roo again. I was in about 10 mins, and couldn't help feeling rushed, she only turned the screen to me once for about 2 secs, I tried sitting up a bit so I could see and thought maybe she,d get the hint, but she didn't. My first two scan,s weren't too bad, she let me have a good look, it just depends on who you get.

Hope it goes well and you get to see your little Roo wriggling around again!

This is my first pregnancy so I have not experienced having a scan yet. From what you have said hun you have been through so much and it wasn't a good experience so don't blame yourself for feeling apprihensive, it is perfectly normal to be catious!!

Don't you feel like a bad mummy, hope you have a good experience xx

im sure u will be fine and ladies dont be afraid to ask to see the baby after all its your body and your baby in there!

Good luck sweetie. I was quite lucky as I was in the scan room for quite a while but that's partly because baby wasn't lay in correct place to get a good measurement of the neck.

Have fun hunny and enjoy seeing little roo again xc

I was in there for over an hour at my 12 week scan so got to see baby moving around and all sorts. Although they don't really tell you anything they just poke around and you have to guess whether everything's ok! Hope all went well x

Scan went well Roo was being really awkward, lying upside down, on his head and generally facing outs wards rather than lying on his side!!! She finally managed to get the nuchal measurement done though!

The scan went alot better than I hoped and the lady doing the scan was lovely :) she has also dated me as 13 weeks today, so forward 3 more days, new due date is 25th June :dance: I'm a tri 2er now :dance:

Just leaving the phlebotomy department as my blood didn't want to part me :) been stabbed 6 times but finally they got my blood. Xxx

Ps phone would only let me upload the pic as a small one

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324314240.166334.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324314240.166334.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 34
Awww look at the little roo, well d one hunny for reaching trim 2. I am a little confused about the dating part, I mean they kep putting you forward but surely ovulation didn't happen earlier as you did n opk and implantation can be ealier but surely not so ealy?i just wonder how they work those dates.

Gorgeous photo :love: Glad it went well!! I'm 13 weeks today too :yay:

I know I don't understand the dates either, I have been moved a total of 6 days now!! Think Roo is just growing really well :) probably going to be a big baby :) my niece was 9lbs2oz xx

lovely pic, glad you enjoyed it!! See you in tri 2

Ah so pleased all is well and in tri 2 already you lucky thing :) Gorgeous pic xxx

Lovely pic Kanga, i'm so happy for you! I had a naughty little one spinning about everywhere too!

So pleased that your scan went well Kanga, and lovely picture of roo :D xx

Lovely pic and glad all is well! It will be my 5th wedding anniversary on 25th June :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back