Got my date for scan, not as early as I was told

Becky

Reaction score
After having a missed miscarriage last time the Dr at the time said I'd have an early scan. My midwife also said she would ask for this too for 8 or 9 weeks.

My letter came today and its for the 13th May - when I'll be 10+5 weeks.

I'm not sure what to do as last time I got to the 12 week scan and baby had died at 7 weeks. I'd hate to get to this scan and also have bad news but not sure if I should just be lucky to be getting my scan this early as it is.

Should I ring the hospital appointments bit or my midwife? My friend was there last week for her 12 week scan and she said the appointment book was full so maybe this is the earliest they can fit me in?

hun why dont you phone your midwife and explain how worried you are and ask could she please refer you to the early pregnancy unit for a scan they should be able to fit you in within a few days :hug: and that way you get a bit of reassurance from your scan and you will still have your other scan as that will be for dating xxx

I was promised an early scan too due to a previous miscarriage but I never got one, when I phoned my GP she said the procedure with my local hosp has changed and she had only just found out and I would only get an early scan if I was bleeding or had pain.

My scan date is 7th May, by which point I'll be almost 15 wks so I booked a private scan and had that 2 weeks ago. It def gave me piece of mind and would recommend it.

Lou x

Hiya! I went to my dr's 2 weeks ago & like you had not long since suffered a missed miscarriage, I explained my worries and the dr said pretend you don't know your dates and they will see you for a dating scan.I haven't even been booked in with the midwife yet,My scan date came through for Friday 9th May.Hope this helps Lucy x :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back