scan 2moro and im unsure 2 find out sex??????

BeckyJ

Reaction score
those of u that found out the sex were you 100% decided?

my OH made a good point last nite wen he sed well u dont open ur presents b4 xmas do u? in a way i agree

but then we go shoppin and team green restricts us a lot

i want a surprise but arrrgggghhhhh i dont know :?

i think its cus i know that if we dont ask 2moro its last chance saloon

I know how you feel! I have my scan a week on Monday and my husband and I have been vexing about whether or not to find out. We mostly want it to be a surprise for everyone else as it isn't so exciting getting a call about a family members new arrival if you already know what they are having and even the name they have chosen. I reckon that if you don't ask and don't find out you won't regret it. It's still going to be exciting for you.

I think Andrew and I have decided we will find out. Mostly because he has been so convinced we are having a girl that I thought it would be best to know in advance if it is going to be a boy so he can get it straight in his head and I guess we feel it will be a nice bonding thing to picture the gender in advance. However we are aren't even going to tell family and friends that we know the sex. We'd like to keep the sex a surprise for everyone else. We are quite good at being secretive when we need to be so we think we'll be okay with this.

Whatever you decide, good luck and have a great scan day! :cheer:

Becs

Well as far as shopping goes, you don't *have* to buy masses now. The first month or two you can get away with neutral colours and then go shopping for proper clothes once baby is here.

We've bought mostly creams, whites, a few things with greens, oranges, reds and so on in. Its mostly sleep suits, baby gros and a couple of tops and bottoms. Other than that, we've not gone mad and bought loads of actual clothes, as the first couple of months, I prefer to not pull baby around too much trying to dress them and stick to simple outfits. Also they are hardly in them for five minutes. Plus with ours being born in early May, we'll be hitting summer and hopefully warmer weather, so I don't want to go mad and buy loads as half of it I doubt we'll use.

Plus people tend to give you clothes.

Add on to that I really don't go in for the whole pink and blue thing too much, I am happy with other colours and then buying once baby is here.

It's a tricky one, and we are in the same boat. When we had our 20 week scan our little Tiglet wouldn't show it's bits. Since then we have pretty much bought or been given everything in either neutral or colours okay for boys and girls.

TBH I'm not really into the blue for a boy and pink for a girl thing anyway, so we're considering sticking with team green. The only thing it would be useful to know for is for picking names.

We have our 4D scan on Feb 2nd, so we have to make a decision before then.

We found out, we both really wanted to know right from the start. We were convinced it was going to be a boy (a psychic told us it was), and when we found out it was a girl it was such a nice surprise and it's really helped with bonding, especially with the OH. Although I do have the odd time where I think 'I wish we didn't find out,' especially as the birth gets closer..But then if I didn't know I'd probably be thinking 'I wish we did find out,' So I've decided next time we are going to stay team green.

thanks 4 all of the replies girlies, im swaying on keeping it a surprise now but any other comments/ideas are welcome as we will change our minds again 10 times before tomorrow morning ha ha ha

I posted the same thing just before my scan :rotfl:

Its so hard and my oh left it to me to decide which didnt help but looking back now i dont know if i regret it or not :think: I think next time i will stay Team Green inless they can get a good view and can say girl/boy strongly (they can never be 100% sure) as they were not completly sure on my scan so although i choose to know i was left feeling unsure and not convinced they were right.

If your the sort of person that is going to doubt what they say and spend the rest of your pregnancy wondering if they were right then i would stay Team Green save your money and go on a big spending spree when baby is here :D

Enjoy your scan anyway.

i dont regret finding out at all although even if i dint want to i wouldnt of had much chioce it was so obvirous!!!
do whatever feels right for you hun :)
manda xx

We had our scan on tuesday and we knew we didn't want to find out, its stil quite tempting when they ask you at the scan! Managed to not find out thought, scan was great so enoy it x x x

You could always take a bit of paper and an envelope with you and ask the sonographer if they can write it down and seal it up, just in case afterwards you regret not finding out you can always open it up :hug:

I always thought id not wont to find out
i KNEW from the start it was a boy and as the pregnancy progressed i wonted this confirmed. James was happy to find out to i was thrilled to find out my intuition was correct and it was a boy. I now can name my boy (Collier) and call him my son
It lovely and makes me feel even closer to my boy, james feels the same.
And has proudly told everyone he's going to have a son though dont get us wrong we would have equally proudly told everyone we were having a dughter.
So for us we our thrilled and dont regret finding out. :hug: :D

ive got my scan on 23rd, and im also not sure if i want to find out or not. i found out with my 1st, 2nd and 4th but not my 3rd keeping it a surprise was lovley and when he was born i said `babys got a dilly` :lol:

Its your choice hun but personally I wouldn't find out. Come and join team green - its a dying breed :lol:

If u aren't sure then maybe its best not to find out - I knew I didn't want to (that and my hospital don't tell u)

If u change your mind u could always get a private scan and see your little one again

We're not going to find out. We didn't with Erin & want this one to be a surprise, too. :)

Everything else is so well documented & written down that nothing is left to chance. It's good to have something to be able to deny the -in-laws....uh..I mean to have as a surprise. :D

Hi,

We didn't find out with either of our girls, and I don't think we will with this one either. When I was having Daisy we bought all the early sleepsuits in whites and creams (very neutral) and I even decorated her room yellow and blue. I was fairly certain I was having a girl at the end with Rosie as the doc who scanned me at 38 weeks asked me how old my 'first daughter' was, and also Rosie was very very small.

I think it's kind of exciting not knowing until the end! I've known poeple who have named their babies and everything, even before they're born but sometimes when you see them they just don't look like the name you were going to give them (was determined to call Daisy Chloe if she was a girl but she didn't look like a Chloe after all).

It's really individual choice - follow your heart! Most women I know have found out, only know one or two like me who have opted not to know but it worked for us.

We found out (well, of sorts, as we were both convinced she was a girl anyway and even told the sonographer she was before he started!)...

We're glad we did as it meant we've been donated loads of pink clothes and won't need to buy anything. Also, it meant we didn't have to pick a boy's name which we weren't managing to do (girl came easily).

Plus it means I can sing the Conifold song to her day in day out :rotfl:

She's gonna come out hating me!

well we resisted temptation and have stayed team green

i'll post the scan pics up later and u girlies can guess at the sex for me ;)

Wow, good for you :)
We've got our scan Wednesday and I REALLY REALLY want to know. I'm not sure why, it's just a need I have, i think i'm impatient!!
But good for you for being team green!

I didnt find out. I put in the birth plan that I wanted OH to tell me the sex. The best moment was seconds after the birth when he told me. It was amazing (well, after he stopped gawping with his jaw hitting the floor :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back