Really stupid thing, but it hurt a lot :(

LouiseB

Reaction score
I had a bit of a sob earlier because my husband really upset me and it still upsets me when i think about it now.

He apologised and we are friends again but he doesn't really seem to understand why i am so upset, so i wondered if you ladies understood or if i am just being a bit hormonal :blush:

Recently, me and my husband haven't really had much in common. I have my dogs and he has his mountain bike and we don't really do any hobbies together.

Then Australian Masterchef started and we both enjoy watching it so we record it and sit down and watch an episode together most evening while we have our tea. We chat about it while we watch it and i was really happy to have something in common with him.

Then tonight, i make him his tea and i go to put the TV on and i can hear him heading up the stairs and when i ask him where is he off too... he wants to play a new computer game with his online friends!

He's only been playing it for the last few hours and then he would be able to play it again afterwards - plus he can't physically play while he's eating!

I felt heartbroken. It was like i was sitting there thinking we had something in common and he was just passing time until he had something better to do.

I was crushed and just sat their quietly sobbing into my tea.

What do you think?

if it was me? have it out with him but i can be very confrontational at times and thats a bad thing sometimes! but if you feel negleted say something dnt just sit there upset as u have done nothing wrong and if it does continues get urself a hobbie, got to ur mates a few nights a week, im sure he will book his ideas up then!

My OH loves him PS3 and sometimes i do get annoyed. That was bang out of order what he has done and i would kindly have a word.

I dont really have any hobbies with my OH but i love to just sit and make cards while he plays on the PS3. I cant remember the last time we both went bed at the same time because he stops up playing.

Keep your chin up hun and tell him that you want to find something you both enjoy and that he needs to give you a little more attention xx

My DH plays the ps3 allot - well
Not allot but enough haha!! Sometimes I like it coz he will play on the big screen and gives me a chance to catch up with my programmes in the lounge and clean up when the kids r in bed and he is sat in the cinema I can clean around him ... Other times I will think right tonight we can eat are dinner and watch (such n forth) and he will still want to sit and play and chat to his brother I'm like WTF?? 30mins to eat your dinner and enjoy what your eating after I have spend 20mins to 3hrs on it won't hurt u instead of lettin it cold or not eating or wolfing it down so now he pauses his game and eats with me before returning to his game if he says well I only been on like an hour and Dave won't want to wait around I say tell him your having your dinner!!!! And we watch a 30min programme or if (does my nut in) he goes on it in the middle of the day when the kids are still up (the cinema doubles as a playroom and you have to pull the blackout blind down to see it) I'm like huh! Do I'm left cleaning running round after the kids and trying to entertain them lol which actually 90% isn't a problem but when I have one of them days haha if he goes on early I start talking abut things I want to watch with him later and I tell him I want to watch a film with him later (it's a hobby we have together) and so it's hinting enjoy your ps3 time for now lol!! Men r terrible when they get a new game ent they! I'm sure they don't think sometimes and I'm sure he didn't mean it try finding a new thing you like doing together me and DH watch a film we have never seen before nearly every night we found a place down the road £2 each or 3 for the price of 2! Blockbuster clearance store and it was nice just taking that time out to find the place just an idea - but yes hormonal or not I would have been pissed!!

(excuse the essay just something I feel strongly about ... Can you tell??? :whistle:)
:rotfl: xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can totally sympathise with you. My hubby plays online gaming ad it drives me nuts! I can handle so much and then i just blow....Dinner is always a time we have together and he now knows that. He knows better to pause it and rush. Definitely have a word, say how you like that time together and maybe comprimise by saying once its finished he can go and have a couple of hours?

That's what I did a few years back and hubby has Been great since was not a nice convo to have but well worth it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah id deffo say something! just ask why you cant sit and eat together while you watch your programme and he can play his games later? My OH isnt one or any sort of computer games but he likes to read the rugby forums so we sit together him looking at that and me on here :) still feels like spending time together when im resting my feet on him! lol x

i think i might accidently break my oh ps3 whilst dusting? :lol: i also hate that modern warfare game - must admit since Ethans come along he isn't as bad. But i know how you feel hun, men are so insensitive def have a word xxx

Last edited:
my hubby is the same he has just got the f1 game and if he is not on that he is on flight sim on the lap top. frustrates me as some times we just sit in the same room but doing different things. like u we have diff hobbies he plays golf and i make cards but we try to do them at the same time and make a point like you did of watching something together, i would also have it out with him too xx

My o/h forgets to eat at all when he's on the xbox :rofl: I'm thankful for the peace and quiet, tho I can see how it'd be upsetting too :hug: x

My o/h forgets to eat at all when he's on the xbox :rofl: I'm thankful for the peace and quiet, tho I can see how it'd be upsetting too :hug: x

My OH does that too, unless I drop a plate of grub in his lap, and most of the time he won't even pause the game to eat it!!

I think just a quiet word about how you feel would be good... maybe he might get the hint and find more things in common then, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back