reading?

missac

Reaction score
Anyone into reading on this forum? I love it and am reading a brilliant book at the moment calle Playground Mafia, it is about a PTA but they are called the playground mafia and they are the epitome of pushy mums, it is histerical! just thought I would share x

i love reading but i don't get a lot of time to myself to do it though :(

right now im trying to get into The Jigsaw Man.

i lack concentration though at the moment.

I've just finished reading 'A Child called it' :cry: Very Sad!

I'm going to start a new book this weekend, my sis just bought me a couple but I can't remember what they're called so I'll see what takes my fancy when I get home

I love reading, but I'm the same as bugge at the moment, lacking in concentration recently!

I love reading, i have loads of books i haven't even started on yet

my concentration has gone pot just latley, i have't finished a book since having Jack :?

Ive got a couple of Martina Cole books to read, but i darent whilst im in house on my own! Hurry home DH!!!! I can only read themon W/E's hehe

Emmylou said:

I'm going to start a new book this weekend, my sis just bought me a couple but I can't remember what they're called so I'll see what takes my fancy when I get home

I love reading, but I'm the same as bugge at the moment, lacking in concentration recently!

oh that books sad. i ve read the whole collection emmy.

Emmylou said:

i dont get time to read anymore and i'm too tired when i go to bed..
but i have a child called it and the follow uo one...very sad..i always cry when reading them! i used to read soo much i'm a real book worm wheni was pregnant OH kept getting me books for my hospital bag and i read them all.
i love crime and horror..i mostly read james herbert, minette walters, martina cole, ian rankin and anne rice. but i also love the girly writers like marian keyes for a bit of light relief. i love a good book..the type you cant put down cos you want to know what happens!

i really love reading and will read most things.
the book your reading missac sounds really fun i wouldnt mind havin a look out for that i like different stories like that.

i've read the child call it set and it was really sad
sleepers is another of my faves that was really relly sad much better than the film IMO

i have read the child called it set they were really good. I loved sleepers to for a lot of years it was my most favourite book. I read a martina cole the other day, the one about the dude called Freddie, very good!

I love crime books and pastel covered books!! My favourites are the lincoln rhyme series by jeffrey deaver, the alex cross series by james patterson and the john grisham lot as well, reading is great it takes me away from everything! I am going to enjoy it while i can, I have the feeling i won;t be able to do it for much longer!!

I love reading, half the books i own havent even been read though! I think the last one I finished was The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, she's great! And I like all of Mike Gayles books too :)

I'm reading a couple at the moment, one is a crime/suspense type thing and the other is Ben Elton's Inconceivable. It's about a couple with infertility and all the testing and IVF, etc. It's based on his own experience with IVF and is pretty funny and accurate!! Keeping me laughing about my situation which is good! :lol:

I hardly ever read books but my brother gave me a book to read and his recommendations are normally quite good. It is called 'The Righeous Men' by Sam Bourne. Its supposed to be quite similar to the Da Vinci Code which I've not read (seen the film tho'). Its quite interesting so far. Not sure if I'll manage the whole of the book as I have such a short attention span when it comes to reading. Before this I read Orwell's '1984' and 'Animal Farm', both of which were ace and very thought provoking.

Emmylou said:
!

I have also read the whole collection very sad...also jodie picoult books are good :)

I love Jodie Picoult, she is an amazing writer.

I read some of the a child called it series and hated them, am so going to hell.

Don't worry Beanie, I'll keep you company, I HATE books like 'A child called it'. I know they're popular but they leave me so cold (I'm a hard b$@ch!) Weren't there all sorts of rumours that he was a faker? Or was that his family's response?

I love horror, James Herbert and Graham Masterton are my faves, but have just started a Dean Koontz after forum recommendations.

For those who like something a little gentler, 'Plain Truth' by Jodi Piccoult was a good read.

Best books I've read in recent years

1) We need to talk about Kevin - Lionel Shriver (fascinating for parents)
2) Perfume - Patrick Suskind (read before you see the film)
3) Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder (hurts your head)
4) The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (re-writing Dracula)
5) Harry Potter and the half-blood prince (nuff said!)

Anyone else want to share their top 5? We should start a book club! :D

Anyone else want to share their top 5? We should start a book club! Very Happy
My top 5 books are:

1. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
2. The Exorcist - William Peter Blatty
3. The Red Tent - Anita Diamant
4. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
5. either Perfume by Patrick Suskind or the Thomas Harris Red Dragon/Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal trilogy of books.

The Red Tent is brilliant. It is the story of Dina (my namesake!) from the Old Testament but told in a way that is very realistic and gritty, with the reality of life in those days and the whole male-dominated society. It explores the lives of people who you hardly know about in the Old Testament but its a very feminist book in the sense that you get a very personal look at what it is to be female and a mother in those days. The title describes the tent that women would live in for the days when they had their period. I really recommend it. Although it is quite sad.

Ooh,I fancy that! Am watching it on Ebay for 99p!!!

Ps love the name Dinah, was my top girl's name choice!

Sorry to bump an ancient thread :oops: but wanted to say I've just finished 'The Red Tent' and loved it Dinski! :cheer:

Have also re-read 'Perfume' as the film is coming out soon.

Any new book recommendations, girls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back