Raspberry Leaf

toni64539

Reaction score
Is anyone on Radpberry Leaf? And if so when did you start taking/drinking it?

Or does anyone have an info about it or experiences?

Ta ladies

Hi I think you start taking it at 30 something weeks. From what I understand it's not to bring on labour, it's to help soften the uterus and aid healing after. It's just like fruity herbal tea... Really nice, but it makes my heartburn worse so I gave up on it. Even tesco sell it. X

Some people say you can start it at 35 wks, some say 36 or 37. I saw mw just before I was 37 wks and she said to start drinking it. Not sure if it works, I've heard it doesn't induce labour but that it helps your uterus to stretch (or something like that)

I really like the tea, might go have some now but like Nanc, its not doing my heartburn any good!

x

I started taking it at around 35 weeks and my active labour was relatively quick - I went to hospital at about 1am and was 5cm and then by 7.51am I had my baby girl! I would definitely recommend raspberry leaf tea as I'm sure that made things easier :)

I'm 32 weeks tomoz n I think in the next few weeks I'll start supping it, can't harm anything giving it a go x

My midwife said it was ok to start at 32 weeks and the woman in holland and barratt said the same, as long as you start with a small dose and increase it over the weeks. Is meant to make your uterus contract more efficiently, so your pushing stage is shorter.

The woman in our H&B told me to take it from 37 weeks but that was tablets not just the tea. I am taking them at the min and hopefully will see results soon. Not sure how you'd be able to compare whether they have been effective or not though.

I have ordered some from amazon, going to start drinking it soon. I read to start with 1 cup a day from 32 weeks.

I've read on other forums that mums who have had more than 1 kid and used it on the second but not the first have had quicker pushing time than with their 1sts. It could all be a coincidence, but it's worth it incase it does work.

Last edited:
I was going to ask about this, I wonder though if it's more pyschological? Like mental preparation. Either way, I'll be starting to drink it at 35 weeks!

im going to grab some tomorrow hopefully and start drinking a cup a day. will slowly increase from about 36 weeks i reckon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back