raspberry leaf tea, PLEASE NOTE!!!

hennaly

Reaction score
Just thought i would mention to those who didnt realise that if you are taking or intending to take raspberry leaf in tea form the tea bags apparently only contain about 5% actual raspberry leaf so u need to buy the rasberry leaf loose and infuse it.

Checked mine and they have 48% raspberry leaves in so i guess depends on the brand. I'm having a couple of cups of this and then some capsules too.

KirstyD said:
Checked mine and they have 48% raspberry leaves in so i guess depends on the brand. I'm having a couple of cups of this and then some capsules too.

checked mine an mines the same too, mines Health & Heather i think
It's nasty :puke: but if it may help with labour im drinking cups of the stuff!!

Toxic_Angel said:
KirstyD said:

checked mine an mines the same too, mines Health & Heather i think
It's nasty :puke: but if it may help with labour im drinking cups of the stuff!!
Yeah i have these ones too, i don't mind it but have to add some sugar, i have such a sweet tooth!!!

Only last week, i kept meaning to go get some and didn't get round to it. I think they say you can start earlier and build up but I've started now so even if it helps a little thats good.

I am convinced that it was taking RLT tablets that made my 2nd stage so quick :D I got some tablets rather than drinking the tea and took 5 a day from 37 weeks.....

Jane and George x

I know this has been asked a million times but when is it ok to start taking the tea and can you get it from holland and barrett?

I've read mixed suggestions, i think not before you are in 3rd trimester for defo, then most seem to say after 32 weeks and start building it up (although i didn't start till recently and havent really built up). Also depends if you are going to have tea, tablets/capsules and their strength as to how many to take, confused? I am!! I've got some 400mg capsules which say take 3-6 a day, been taking 3 a day and having a couple of cups of the tea aswell.

You can get the tea in holland and barratt, although they didnt have any in stock when i went to my local one, just had the capsules which i got, but i found some tea bags in another health food shop so have both.

Some websites with info:

http://www.expectancy.co.uk/docs/advicesheet04.pdf
http://www.askbaby.com/raspberry-leaf-tea.htm
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... ourexpert/

Do a google search and you'll find loads more info!

im not sure which brand it was but sounds like you got good ones just thought it would be worth you cheecking when you buy them. :D

i drank rasberry leaf tea every day 4times since about 34weeks maybe lil earlier funny how u forget things hehe..

my 2nd stage of labour was 15mins..

after 15hrs of full blown labour i somehow managed to push him out so quick.. i swear it was the tea..

good luck with everythin girls.. i miss labour so so much, enjoy it.. wierd thing to say, but you'll miss it too xxx

Hello can u plz tell y rasberry tea?and it helps for?I think it is not available in belgium but anyone heard about nettle tea is it safe in pregnancy.thanks

you can probably get rasperry leaf tea to order on the internet, it is meant to help with labour, i think nettle tea is the same i am taking it to help with my milk production and it seems to be working :D

hennaly said:
you can probably get rasperry leaf tea to order on the internet, it is meant to help with labour, i think nettle tea is the same i am taking it to help with my milk production and it seems to be working :D
yes its very good for milk production and also full of iron if its the same I will try in last month but still I am drinking on and off becoze its a good source of iron but its better not to take in first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back