Raspberry Leaf Tea

DebbieM

Reaction score
When can you start drinking this? I read somewhere that it's from 32 weeks but I thought it was later than that. Also, how much?

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
im not sure but wat does asberry tea leaf actually do??? :think:

It helps the uterus and in turn helps you in labour.. well it can do :)

I used to take it in tablet form for my periods and it was very good :)

It is supposed to shorten the second stage of labour, I love it MMmmmmm

I think it is supposed to be ok from 32 weeks as it is not supposed to induce labour but some people advise wait until week 36 or 37

ella said:

I think it is supposed to be ok from 32 weeks as it is not supposed to induce labour but some people advise wait until week 36 or 37

That's what I thought. I will start around 36 I think in that case :)

DebbieM said:
ella said:

That's what I thought. I will start around 36 I think in that case :)

I did the same

i been reading about this loads, and some site say u can take in 1st trimester to stop morning sickness? it cant make ur body do any thing its not ready to do.

i just brought some tablets and they say on the bottle to take from 28 weeks to prepare cervix for labour and make labour easier.

so ive started this weekend and i take 1800mg a day.

I am taking it in tablet form too and have been since just before 36 weeks.

Whether it will help or not is another question but no harm in trying I say! :D

I just looked to see if I had any left (as I said I was taking them before I got pg to help with AF cramps) and I have a Holland & Barratt bottle with a fair few in at 640mg each. :cheer:

i was taking it from 32weeks having 3cups a day as that was recomended on the packet!!! dunno if that was what got labour started but i had Oliver at 36+3weeks!!!!

I started taking the capsules from about 36/37 weeks with james. Hard to say if it helped. He was born at 38 weeks after a 14 hour labour.
Might give them ago again this time.

I've read before that raspberry leaf can cause the risk of miscarriage if taken in first tri :think:

muppetmummy said:
I've read before that raspberry leaf can cause the risk of miscarriage if taken in first tri :think:

Ive also read this and ive told its not to be recomended till 32weeks +!!!

Im taking it in tablet form as was told the tea was gross.
Its half price in Holland and barratt at the mo. Only £3 odd for 100 tablets. You take 2, 3 times a day.
Its meant to make the pelvis joints more subtle and can help labour pains and speed. :D

Are yours the 640mg ones? They are the ones I have here at home :)

Mine are from Bio-health. They are 900mg but you only take 1 twice a day.

I opted for a higher dose tablet as I am useless at remembering to take them :roll:

KJLorraine said:
Mine are from Bio-health. They are 900mg but you only take 1 twice a day.

I opted for a higher dose tablet as I am useless at remembering to take them :roll:
i got them too, but i take 2 every night, as im also forgetfull lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back