Evening Primrose Oil & Raspberry Leaf Tea!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I bought some of both today, I got the raspberry leaf tea bags and the evening primrose oil capsules, but I'm unsure when to start taking them?

I read that the capsules can be taken vaginally as of 36 weeks :oooo: I'm not 100% about sticking them up there every day :lol:, so if I take them orally instead, will they still have the same affect?

When shall I start drinking the tea as well? And how much? It says up to 3 cups a day xxx

I started on 1 cup at 30 weeks went up to 2 at 32 and I finish work at 36 so was going to go up to 3 cups and pills and evening primrose, dunno how I'll be taking that tho!

For RLT I thought it was 32 weeks this is what I read on the internet but I asked my midwife about it yesterday and she said not before 37 weeks! So who knows I think everyone will give different answers, she also said no more than 2 a day, the woman in Holland & Barrett said no more than 2 aswell.
Sorry don't know anything about the capsules x

I started RLT at 32 weeks - it doesnt induce labour it just tones ur uterus but you may find ur BH get stronger. I askeed my MW about it and she said tey dont give info as MW's aren't trained on it and therefore aren't in a position to advise on it. I started on 1 cup but last week I increased it and Im now on 2-3 cups a day. I dont take the RLT tablets.
As for evening primrose, I was told to wait until ur full term i.e. 37 weeks as it softens the cervix. I dont know if taking orally is same as vaginally. For vaginally though just use when you go to bed, pierce one end with a pin and wear a sanitary pad. I hear alot of women say they lose their plug soon after starting it.

I have been drinking rlt one a day since about 34 weeks at 35 weeks I started taking 2 capsules too - low strength and one 1000mg tab of epo. Once I hit 37 weeks I'm going to start inserting in my foof too! :eek:) we'll see if it makes any difference! X

Im confused..again :oooo:

A friend bought me RLT capsules - do I swallow them or are they to go in my foof :oooo: and what's the deal with primrose oil :eh: what do I buy and what do I do with it?! Xx

After 3 nights with EPO in my good I went into labour! Noticed a lot of plug loss the morning after I inserted the first capsual!!!

You swallow rlt but u put primose in the foof... and u can take it orally as well :)

I've been taking 2 EPO capsules per day since 34weeks and am going to start inserting 1 every evening at 37weeks. This is the info i'm following -

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labour. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (37 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As far as i remember i started drinking 1 cup of RLT a day at 32weeks and increased to 2 a day at 34weeks. I am going to increase to 3 a day at 37weeks. I only drink the tea and don't take the tablets. I can't seem to find where i got the info from but i did research it before starting it! xxx
[/FONT]

Kelly - how far were you when you used the evening primrose oils? X

I'll start shoving it up my foof next week then :rotfl:
You've all turned me!

I don't have to take it orally as well do I?
And how far do I put it up there? As far as I can reach? xxx

You don't have to take it orally aswell but from what i've read it is advised. I'm gona start inserting it next week too :shock: Yeah just put it up as far as you can. A few of the girls have recommended wearing a pad after too. xxx

What strength are u business for EPO? I've just bought some today.

I've been drinking the tea since 32weeks 1cup a day the 2cups at 34weeks, i hated it so I've gone onto capsules 3/4 a day as of 37weeks

X

What strength are u using for EPO? I've just bought some today.

I've been drinking the tea since 32weeks 1cup a day then 2cups at 34weeks, i hated it so I've gone onto capsules 3/4 a day as of 37weeks

X

Last edited:
Well seeing as I'm 37 weeks today, I'm going to start inserting one capsule in tonight as well as take it orally.
Do I orally take one capsule and vaginally insert one or do I take more than that? xxx

Ive been putting two in a night not been taking them orally tho. :-/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back