Raspberry Leaf Tea question...

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Ok, so I started drinking RLT at 35 + 2. I had one cup a day 'til I reached 36 weeks when I upped it to 2 cups a day. Now I've hit 37 weeks I've upped it to 3 cups a day. My question is...

From now, what do I do...
Do I up it to 4 at 38, 5 at 39 then just go for it if I reach 40?
Do I stick at 3 cups a day 'til 40 then go for it?
Stick at 3 cups a day 'til she arrives?
Just go for it from now as I am now term?

I'm not too sure tbh... What are you ladies doing?

Thanks!! xx

Didn't want to read and run, was thinking about when to start it.

A friend's mum makes herbal medicines (fully licensed something or other) and she's suggested capsules instead as they are more concentrated.

Im taking capsules, my sister gave them to me, she started after week 32. Take 2 a day, and she had no pain and a really quick birth but 3 weeks early. Hopefully the raspberry leaves is to help for a quicker and easier birth xx

Didn't want to read and run, was thinking about when to start it.

A friend's mum makes herbal medicines (fully licensed something or other) and she's suggested capsules instead as they are more concentrated.

And more expensive lol xx

I just went for it from 37 weeks, 3-4 capsules and numerous cups of the tea each day! 12 hour labour from first niggle to holding baby... 4cm to delivery in just 1 hr 40 minutes, just gas and air right before pushing!

Totally put it down to the rlt... GET ON IT!!

I just went for it from 37 weeks, 3-4 capsules and numerous cups of the tea each day! 12 hour labour from first niggle to holding baby... 4cm to delivery in just 1 hr 40 minutes, just gas and air right before pushing!

Totally put it down to the rlt... GET ON IT!!

Thank you! Think I will... As I'm having a home birth I want as easy a labour as possible!! lol xx

I got mine from Holland and Barrett but you can get them in Tesco as well I think xx

so, you can drink as many cups as you want to?

I had about 4 cups/caps a day and my pushing stage was 52 seconds according to my notes! Don't even remember pushing TBH lol

yeah!
i am going to drink 50 cups a day then....
(joke)

I've had 3 so far today... Probably have 2/3 more before bed as well :shock: :lol: xx

So can RLT bring on early labour or is to help with the length and pain once in labour???? Sorry to sound stupid lol
Siany1982

It helps the uterine muscles develop so theoretically you have an easier labour xx

I may give it a go, shame it doesnt help with the early labour side of it tho, Im in so much pain with this torn stomach muscle... :-(
Siany1982

Ooh bad times! Can't imagine that'd be pleasant in labour though, probs best they stay in til it heals a bit x

Yeah that would be a good idea if I thought it would heal, but its been on and off (mainly on) for a few weeks now, in fact a month or more now, and just seems to be getting worse... :-(
Siany1982

Usually take a couple of months to heal... I hope it's a bit better at least before your LO decides to arrive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back