question about waters

dmkirk89

Reaction score
hello girls,

well today i was walking with my other half and i felt what felt like heavey period, when we got home my knickers were soaked, i gave them a sniff lol and it doesn't really smell if anything deffinately not urine, but I've been to toilet, put fresh pants on and had nothing since, it has only been about 15 mins though, could this be waters breaking slowly or just a lot of odourless discharge? I don't want to ring mw if its nothing a d deffinately don't want to go to hospital to just come home if its nothing, im really tired and achey today, thanks xx

not sure but i was out shopping the other day n felt pants n shorts get wet...had a big wet patch n looked like i had peed myslef but did not smell of urine or anything..went home n changed n nothing else came..i put it down to clear discharge...ive had my waters break twice before and they do have a distinct smell which i thinki would know if it had been that and when they broke in last 2 pregnancies they continued to leak. however it could be in ur case?! always best to be checked if you are unsure as u dont want to risk infection or anything. xxx

I would say lay down for half an hour then if it is your waters they will build and when you stand youl get another gush.

I would still say ring because of the risk of infection if it was your waters xxx

Agree I would maybe ring just to get advice - eeee hope its the start for you! Xx

My mw advice is to wear a pad so you can track what comes out. I would ring for advice as was said above it's best to check. Xx

Last edited:
I've been monitoring and have no more water, been laying down aswel, just seems they was a lot for it to just be discharge, think if there is anymore ill ring, because if it is my waters more should follow shouldn't it x

when my waters went with my son, they kept trickling?
I dont know if you can just get one bit, i wouldnt think so. I would ask mw or hosp for advice xxx

Iv heard hind waters can go first but iv no idea what it means I'd call mw and see what she thinks? X

My hind waters went first. Wasnt a gush. Was like thick gloopy watery liquid constantly trickling out slowly x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I've had a similar thing happen recently. I think it's watery discharge. It's really hard to judge when you're not sure what you're looking for. I changed my underwear and didn't seem to have anymore problems.

They Def do hav a very sweet smell iykwim but I found when I coughed and moved my legs as if putting ur pants on it really leaked then so suppose u cud give coughing a go and see if it leaks any xx

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

I had really watery discharge with DD, and was told to do the lie down for a while, waters will pool and gush when you get back up - if it doesn't its unlikely to be waters.

Keep and eye on it, and don't be worried about giving them a phone if your concerned.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

well its been quite a while now and there hasn't been any more water or like before! IM guessing it must have been watery discharge, dunno lol thankyou for your replies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back