Pushchair!

i still have seen no "evidence" of this 2 hrs thing

What evidence do you need? I've linked to several articles which quote leading research. I sincerely hope that you never get any evidence.

Regardless, I'm not here to try and prove or disprove current research. I am simply trying to explain why we arrived at our purchase.

If you wish to disbelieve discount current research as nothing more than garrulous rumour then that is, of course, your prerogative.

i think this has caused anxiety, just as cot death, smoking and other controversial topics have

That was never my intention. However, one can't argue that awareness about smoking and the best position to lay your child in a cot has undoubtedly saved infant lives.

Im not adding my opinion on whats right and wrong all i will say for those of you who can afford £500-£600 pounds on a pram are very lucky and we dont all have the privillage of that.

If you are sensible, then a £600 pushchair is in no way more safe than a £100 push chair.

Debbie and I both work hard and we have saved heavily for more than a year in preparation for Flump. We lead simple vice-free lives which afford us a little disposable income which we're investing in our child.

ok.. thanks for that.. i decided to look into your last link.. and looked up the FSID

http://www.fsid.org.uk/faq-current-topics.html#carseat here are some frequently asked questions...

this one caught my eye specifically..

Is it okay for my baby to sleep in a car seat?
We are not aware of any evidence which shows an increased risk of cot death for babies in car seats. Our advice however is that the safest place for your baby to sleep – both during the day for naps and during the night – is in a crib, cot or Moses basket in a room with you for the first six months. It is important to check on your baby regularly when she is asleep. If your baby is being transported in a car, she should be carried in a properly designed and fitted car seat, facing backwards, and be observable by a competent adult. Be careful that your baby doesn’t get too hot and remove hats and outdoor coats when you get in the car. On long car journeys, stop for breaks for fresh air and a drink for your baby. Premature babies who may slump need particular care when travelling in a car seat.

http://www.carseatinfo.co.uk/index.cfm? ... pid=292366

Well, often you are told not to keep baby in an infant carrier for more than two hours. Why?

The truth is we do not know! There is certainly no official "time limit" and the sad thing is that the people who tell you this often do not really know why the unofficial time limit exists! The most common reason given is that infant carrier’s damage baby’s spines. We are sympathetic to this argument; we too believe a baby’s spine should be fully supported by using a carry cot. We understand a number of physiotherapists have also voiced their concerns regarding infant carriers but finding medical evidence to prove that infant carriers damage babies spines has, so far, proven impossible. If you know better than us please let us know!

just incase any other people worry after reading this thread..

Im not adding my opinion on whats right and wrong all i will say for those of you who can afford £500-£600 pounds on a pram are very lucky and we dont all have the privillage of that.

If you are sensible, then a £600 pushchair is in no way more safe than a £100 push chair.

Debbie and I both work hard and we have saved heavily for more than a year in preparation for Flump. We lead simple vice-free lives which afford us a little disposable income which we're investing in our child.[/quote]

I was not saying if it was right or wrong spending that amount on a pram its completly up to the individual and what there budget can buy and im sure you do work very hard you have no reason to justify what you spent and why i was just saying you are lucky to have the choice that was all. :hug: Its a lovely pram by the way have you put it together yet and took it for a walk. :D

just wondering... for those who cant afford the fancy car seats and need to drive more then 2 hours, after the 2 hours what are we ment to do?

i really dont think car seats are unsafe. maybe people have a personal preference but im thinking this thread has gone a little OTT with links to research done in other countrys on car seats with different safety standards as their designed for different shaped vechiles.

Carseats have been the same for so many years, I've never heard of a time limit.
If they weren't safe then they wouldn't sell them!

lisa&alex said:
just wanted to say to kim.. i think your pram is lovely.. and i think you have chosen well..i dont think you need to spend loads on a pram or have what some call a 'proper' pram.. i had one with charlotte and it got right on my nerves..

i wouldnt be scared of putting leah in the carseat.. or that your stroller isnt sturdy enough..i would hate to think others choices and opinions have badgered you into thinking your choice was wrong because its not.. infact if you look at mine and your pram they are practically the same..and i have had a child.. and had experience of several prams.. and specifically chose this one went out and looked for it actually..

and to tillytots.. and sherlock.. i got my sling delivered on saturday.. a pouch sling and i have huuuggee boobies. and it fits lovely..(will fit better without the bump) its the carrier id never get on with these jugs.. lol

where abouts did you get your sling from then big jugs? :wink:

i have a brightsparks pouch sling. in xl... lol.. coz of my mambas lol...

lisa&alex said:
i have a brightsparks pouch sling. in xl... lol.. coz of my mambas lol...

:rotfl: @ mambas...such a good word for them. thx lis, Il have a look

This thread just makes me want to cry. How did a simple, happy comment:

DebbieM said:
We're off to buy our pushchair this morning and we are SOOOOOOOOOO excited :D

turn into this for crying out loud.

Whether Matt and I choose to spend £100 or £600 on a travel system is none of anyone elses business. It shouldn't matter. Neither of us ever said that a £100 system/pushchair is unsafe and that you HAVE to spend obscene amounts of money.

Lisa, you could have replied initially stating that the system was nice or whatever, you chose to try and advise us into looking into other aspects of the pushchair which I then pointed out that we had done so and part of our purchase was based on saturation levels of a baby in a car seat which IS proven - call Peterborough SCBU and they will explain all if you still for whatever reason don't believe Matt told the truth. We're lucky. We only know about this as we have a friend whose baby was not allowed to leave the SCBU in the car seat her parents had bought for her, again, as explained by Matt.

Fact is, we've bought our pushchair. We love it. Neither of us blasphemed anyone elses purchases in any way at all. I like all the pushchairs here but this was our choice and we're happy.

DebbieM said:

DebbieM said:

Whether Matt and I choose to spend £100 or £600 on a travel system is none of anyone elses business. It shouldn't matter. Neither of us ever said that a £100 system/pushchair is unsafe and that you HAVE to spend obscene amounts of money.

Lisa, you could have replied initially stating that the system was nice or whatever, you chose to try and advise us into looking into other aspects of the pushchair which I then pointed out that we had done so and part of our purchase was based on saturation levels of a baby in a car seat which IS proven - call Peterborough SCBU and they will explain all if you still for whatever reason don't believe Matt told the truth. We're lucky. We only know about this as we have a friend whose baby was not allowed to leave the SCBU in the car seat her parents had bought for her, again, as explained by Matt.

Fact is, we've bought our pushchair. We love it. Neither of us blasphemed anyone elses purchases in any way at all. I like all the pushchairs here but this was our choice and we're happy.

:hug: :hug: i think its just depends wot people are looking for and how much they can spend
i personally love the jane, but i also love the travel system i had

Sarah&Braydon said:
DebbieM said:

DebbieM said:

:hug: :hug: i think its just depends wot people are looking for and how much they can spend
i personally love the jane, but i also love the travel system i had

Exactly. :|

Lush pushchair Debbie and Matt!!! I've never seen a car seat that folds flat its cool. :dance:

I am excited too i have been paying off my new double buggy bit by bit and i nearly own it, :doh: its the phil and teds double sport.

Thanks for the info on car seats, i was guilty of leaving isla in it for ages at a time but this time i will be using a flat newborn cacoon, its so snuggly bubs is gonna love it!

Debbie, Bet you Matt pushes it round before the baby comes as much as you do, men are secretly facsinated with anything with wheels. :wink: We only got the red option in ours cos its 'Ferrari red' :roll: Men! :wink:

Thanks Kelly, and yes, I am sure he will be hogging it when we put it all together :D

Matts not gonna pop in and say otherwise then? :lol:

LOL he's a sweetie Debbie, youre a lucky girl....... (plus he's cute too) :wink:

LOL! He's sat beside me reading this! How is he gonna fit his head out of the door now to make me a cup of tea with you saying he's cute? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He is but dont worry i'm happily married....... :hug:

I know how to solve the head and the door thing. :think: Matt, i lied you're a minger.......... :rotfl: :rotfl: (only kidding)

:rotfl: He's originally from Hampshire, you know! (Gosport, although, he prefers not to admit that HAHA)

Minger, eh? :think:

I can handle that, I've been called much worse!

And yes, I'm looking forward to pushing it around. I'll even make 'vroom vroom' sounds in my head. It'll be nice to have something to push around for a change! :dance:

When James was a baby I never got a look in pushing the pushchair when OH was out with me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back