Prams/buggies there are so many whats best??

natalie_1985

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im in my last week of my 2nd trimester and we're searching everywhere for a nice pram/pushchair but there are so many choices can anyone recommend what is best for a newborn please?

Please any advice as this is first baby and we're lost lol so much to buy so little time.

Many thanks

xx

Hey Natalie,

Iv no idea what best cos m first timer but me and OH are going for mamas and papas 8 in 1 to save buying some other stuff and will keep basics pram in back of car that we got from his aunt. xx

Hiya,

Im by no means an expert as i havent even started looking yet but my sister in law, my mum and dad all went round looking for one and she decided on a silvercross one. I believe the main things to take into consideration are the size (will it fit in the boot?) the weight (can you lift it ok?) Whether it has wheels that can puncture (avoid these) and what it comes with.

I would like one which has everything in one and isnt too pricey and one which will fit in the boot of a corsa without having to take wheels off. I also prefer the 4 wheelers rather than the 3.

Hopefully you will get some good feedback and i shall also take note for later on.

Claire x

I jsut basically started googling and looking on websites to find mine.

I knew my price range and that i MUST have a pram mode and pushchair mode and i'd prefer the car seat to match but if not then it must be a cheaper one as my budget was for it all.

I found one i LOVED when i was about 24 weeks, but they dont make it anymore and second hand were going for more then they were new.

I would just say have a look around, go test some out and read up on it all. I used to work in babies r us so i knew quite a bit about it all before hand, thats why i bought mine off the internet without having seen it, i LOVE it, its exactly what I need, however some people would probably hate it lol

I was told that you need to think about how you will use it and just select accordingly...

My main criteria were that:

It folded up small.... (I hate it when the pushchair takes up the whole boot of the car so you can't get anything else in)

It was lightweight.... (for lifting in and out of the car)

It had a car seat attachment (I would have liked a pram/carry cot option too but had to compromise on that to get my first two options which were more important)

The car seat fitted in the car...... (it's very important to check.... ours doesn't fit in the back as the seatbelt it too small so have had to buy the base that means you need less seatbelt)

It folded up easily with one hand (according to other mum's it's a must)

The car seat detached from the pushchair easily (one of my friends has to push in two buttons and lift at the same time..... so you need three hands!!!!)

I was also told to try moving the back up and down and push it round the shop with some weight in it... (borrow a baby?) as they can really differ in their ease of use once their is some weight in it.

I also stopped a few mums in the street if they were pushing one of the ones I liked and asked their opinion..... noone seemed to mind and it really helped me make my decision.

We have bought this one...

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

It arrived last week and I think all my umming and ahhing has paid off.... I love it!!

J
XX

Dont use the attachable car seat option as an alternative to a pram, the car seats sit them in a curved position and being sat in them for extended periods of time damaged their backs.

Obviously if your just gonna be a short while it's a very convenient option, but dont use it as a pram option

The only other thing I would add is consider how important it is for you to be able to lie baby flat when they're a newborn, which is better for them.

Which is why we went for Silvercross 3D pram/pushchair first time around, handy as we can reuse it again this time.

We bought a Maclaren light weight buggy when our LO turned one and the in laws kept the Silvercross puschair at theirs so we have and will continue to get our moneys worth out of it :D

Also I would consider where you live and where you will mostly use the buggy. We are going for a three wheeler with suspension as we live in a village and walk the dog across fields and footpaths everyday. If you are more of a town/city dweller then something that is lightweight and has small wheels will be better. Also if you intend to use it in shops the one with a small turning circle would be good, save you getting stuck in small aisles.

OH and I always discuss other pushchairs we see when we are out and about and we have been known to ask people with pushchairs we like, what make and model and whether they would recommend them.

Also we wanted something that we could use for a newborn (option of laying flat) and that will last us until our LO is walking so keep an eye on the weight each pushchair will hold when looking if you want one that will be long lasting.

If you're stuck for money but want good quality, I'd recommend the Mamas & Papas Aria travel system from Argos :D

Have you got the new catalogue? Bottom of page 1555 :D It's a pram/pushchair with a changing bag, foot muff, car seat, rain cover - all for £179.99 :cheer:

And it fits perfectly into the boot of my KA :D xx

We have went for the Quinny Buzz it has lots of different ways and folds down easy into our boot. It comes in lovely colours and I know this is silly but I wanted one that was kinda bouncy when you push, it just looks so so comfy :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back