double or single pushchair

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi
Thinking me needs some advice from those out there with more than one child. As most of you know we're expecting our bump to make its arrival beginning of August. We've already got a 2 year old so i've got to make the decision to double pushchair or single pushchair with a ride on thingie that attaches to a single. I'm luvving the phil and teds double pushchair but it's quite expensive for my budget range and all other doubles seem quite awkward especially as I don't drive so if I go out without hubby it's public transport unless just walking into town. The ride on things seem a good idea but i'm worried that my 2 year old will get itchy and jump off and be a pain. So any advice ladies.....

and btw i'm misrable with tooth ache :cry:

My bro has an 18month old and now a 4 month old too.

He went for the Phil & Teds option but bought the bits on ebay and save a packet! PLaces like Babies R Us and Mothercare etc seem to have their own cheaper version of similar designs to Phil and Teds ones so I'd say shop around.

I remember what my eldest newphew was like when I made him walk anywhere, would winge with the 'are we there yets'!

If you can, maybe leave it a little while yet, winow shop, and see how the eldest is nearer the time with things? x

I have no advice as to prams but GRRRRR at stinky tooth ache!

My lil one will be 2.5 when baby arrives and ive just bought a 2nd hand double on ebay for £90 and its like new. I worked out i will use it an average of twice a week (shopping and walk) so figured it was worth it. All kids are different but i had images of me trailing around town with a pram and toddler hanging off me. Its only really for if im in town a couple of hours etc, also for our holiday (naps etc).
My friend advised me too as she said her 3 year old still sometimes wants carried after a long walk etc. I plan to sell it on after.

Good luck deciding. :D

Hannah is 2 and a half and although i have no plans for another she still wants the buggy when she is tired and i use it to keep her safe near roads and when my hands are full, i think you will def need a double hun or like sarah says a sling and a buggy

I've been wondering the same thing as our son will be 27 months when bubs is born. I'm going to hold off buying anything until the time comes but I'm sure we'll need a double buggy too.

I'm going for the McClaren Techno XT, I've got the single version of it and I absolutely love it.

Thanks girls, still none the wiser what i'll do, i'm going to town in a bit so might make joanna walk and see how she gets on but take the pushchair in case she needs it.

When our baby arrives Aaron will be nearing 3 so I'm hoping I can get away with a buggy board!

Hi ya,
Rhys will be 2 when this one comes and even though he walks quite far I worry about when we go out for the day and things. We bought a phil and teds second hand and am getiing a couple of bits of ebay. The good thing about this buggy is you can use it as a single buggy to. I think it depends on how you feel your little one will be with walking. How about a buggy board or you can get those seats that clip to the side of the buggy but fold up when youare not using it?

xx

I think i'm going to go for the phil and ted as i'm totally in love with it anyway and like you say it can be a double or a single and it'll do the baby for a few years so a good investment me thinks.

My OH really likes the Phil and Teds one and keeps saying we'll need it when we have twins next time :shock:

We're definitely getting a double buggy, Isaac will be 14/15months when LO arrives, we love the Phil&Teds, but definitely not brand new, way too expensive, so watching ebay now for a bargain :D

Very best wishes with finding one, I'd definitely get a double, the buggy board is great but I can't imagine a 2yr old staying on it :think:

Yeah they are great but pricey and can't see them working well with Joanna to be honest. I've worked out that if I get a new travel system and buggy board I might as well go a bit extra and go for the phil and ted. I'll be looking on ebay as well nearer the time as might work out cheaper that way.

if you do a google search for the cosatto duet lite you might like that.it is like a tandom double but more compact and is also an ukbrella fold so not too big and bulky.mothercare do a similar one called the hoxton.found the cosatto one quite cheap online but cant remember the site,will let you know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back