Progesterone done on correct day, woohoo!.. but now a little concerned

itisbabytime

Reaction score
so after having my progesterone done last month on only 3dpo i finally had it done on the correct day - 7dpo. Result was 32.6. GP said this is fine but is this not classed as borderline? With my spotting, drop in temps after about 6dpo and short leutal phase im getting pretty convinced that i have a progesterone issue or ovulation issue :(. on a happier note been referred to clinic. So disappinted it has ended up going in this direction but whatever it takes.

Don't worry about it it's fine I promise, I've had it done 3 times and I've had a 29 a 45 and a 60 something, I think it can change month on month.

Have you had a smear/ swabs if you have spotting?

Xx

ta for replying maybe! your wee doggy is sooooooo cute!!

had spotting every month as far back as i remember after coming off the pill about 4 years ago, maybe even in my teens (cant remember) - i thought everyone had the same - a few days of spotting in the run up to AF, not enough for a pad or tampon but enough to notice when wiping tmi sorry and sometime for a pantyliner - onyl realised this wasnt the case when talkign to my only ttc friend and you ladies on here!! ive had a smear, a few years ago totally normal and a swap when i had thrush for the first time but the gp wanted to check it wasnt an sti.

Ahh that's good Hun, :)

I'd maybe ask for a repeat to put your mind at ease?

Have you heard of a luteal phase defect, have a google if not.

How long are you ttc now?

Xx

I wouldn't worry about the result personally - I think it's good news :)

How long is your luteal phase? I think it has to be 8 days or less for LPD.

Do you get much pain during your cycle? Endometriosis can cause midcycle bleeding but you'd need a lap and dye to spot it.

How long is your period once you get full flow?

yep, reseached LPD a bit - im no expert but i think there are a few possibilities:

- low pregesterone so lining breaks down beofre implantation can occur
- weak ovulation, egg not mature enough so no conception
- failure of the corpus, not enough progesterone produced

am i on the right track of thought? I have been ttc only 6 months and I know in the grand scheme of things this is not a long time but i havent been on hbd for 4 years at least and I have charted the entire time and every month ends the same with spotting, short LP and temps dropping back to coverline around 6dpo (should be raised well above coverline until AF) so GP was happy to refer me. Each month I am 99% sure I ov as I have a clear temp shift, ewcm and pos opks and my cycles are regular (27-30 days).

12 week wait for appt here so no harm in asking for progesterone again next cycle i suppose, good idea!!

thansk lousie -

lpd generally 10-11 days, so on the short side but not crazy short.no pain, maybe a twinge around ov and moderate period pain but nothing else. period generally around 2-3 days full bleeding ie "super" absorbancy needed and then a day or "regular"absrbabcy pads or tampons.

funny you mention endo -my sis has it real bad, could i have it even without pain and irregular bleeding?

ignore last sentance Louise - i dont have midcycle bleeding so sure its not endo. :)

I thought you said you had spotting before your period?

That's regarded as mid cycle bleeding because it is happening between your periods.

Unless it is actually just part of your normal period to have a bit of spotting before a full flow bleed :)

I think it sounds like you are alright to me. As you said, 6 month ttc isn't really that long when your cycles seem ok.

Hey hun, i don't trust progesterone results personally. I had mine done and they came back 114, nurse was chuffed and we thought id concieved but AF arrived 4 days early!

You'll know more when you get to the clinic xxxx

ah ok louise understand, it prob is classed as mid cycle spotting as its between periods but im sure it is AF arriving very slowly before full flow begins as i only ever have it in the run upto full force AF if that makes sense. Sorry for confusion!

thanks chaz, jeez 114!! thats huge!! i always get a bit carried away with myself when AF comes, more relaxed now, just gotta wait for this appointment.

once xmas (cant beelive its that time of year again!) and new year are over we will be well into January so hoping time flies in!!

I know 6 months is hardly anything and I hope you dont think I am bein insensitive moaning after only ttc for 6 months as I know some of you have been trying for a very long time. I am a very impatient person and like to know what i going on so am on this ttc/diagnostic train full speed!! have a good weekend ladies and hope your pains die down chaz xx

I went and had tests done after 5 months itisbabytime so don't worry about that :)

I just think that unless you have a reason to be concerned like irregular cycles or pain or age or other health issues that when the tests come back good that you should just accept them until you have been trying for at least 12 months - just for your own sanity.

You really don't want to jump on the infertility bus unless you're actually there ;)

i know louise, i shouldnt jump to conclusions, i just tend to get carried away with myself sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back