pregnant lady fined for using mother and baby space

They shouldn't have fined her.... i think if your heavily pregnant which she was she must find it hard getting in and out of the car then why shouln't she use a mother and baby space... after all the baby was with her :lol:

no, but i think its about time they made at least 1 space per store for pregnant women, i dont think they need loads but at least 1 would be good.

Brian Walker, operations manager of Safe Park UK, declared: "There are signs saying that if you park here and you don't have a child then you will be fined and this lady did not have a child.

"Pregnancy is not a disability. It is a lifestyle choice and these bays are aimed at being wider for buggies."

Mr Walker added: "If someone has a broken leg and they need a wider bay then we will show compassion and let them park there.

"However, under UK law a mother with a child of 17 could park there because under UK law they are still classed as a child."
:shakehead:

Nic'n'Keeley said:
They shouldn't have fined her.... i think if your heavily pregnant which she was she must find it hard getting in and out of the car then why shouln't she use a mother and baby space... after all the baby was with her :lol:

That was going to be my excuse if I ever had to use one :) I would have too, if there were ever any free :x

strap a pregnant suit to that idiot for 9months and see how easy it is, typical man :x

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Pregnancy is not a disability. It is a lifestyle choice and these bays are aimed at being wider for buggies."

Hahahahahahaha had to be said by a man didn't it...??!!!!! Anyone who's been pregnant and tried to get in and out of a car will know that a wider bay is much more useful as you need to get the door fully open... Let alone 41 weeks pregnant..

I think they should have revoked her fine though... she is clearly a mother with a baby :shock: she just has a very effective carrier system for it....

I used them near the end of my pregnancy when i was struggling.

My excuse was, if i had to squeeze out between cars and walk half a mile to the store by the time i got back it would be mother and baby.

hahah :lol:

but.... WHY THE FOOK arent they issuing these fines to:

Lazy teenagers
White van drivers
old people who cant be arsed to read the sign, but whine if we went in disabled
Mothers with a 10 year old
People with flash cars who dont want scratches...

etc

Its annoying, why target a poor lady who is obviously HEAVILY pregnant. Target the other *unt* who park knowlingly in these much needed spaces!

*rant over*

can you tell im one of the whinging women who tell people without children to MOVE there car :D

Thats absurd!!!! I remember trying to squeeze in and out of our car and trying not to scratch the door on the next car over!!!

Luckily, Tesco allow pregnant women to park in the mother and child spaces (but i think you're supposed to have a sticker from the mother & baby club)

I think they should get Laura to park next to a "safe car park" attendants car, and "squeez" out.... hahah

Big dent in his door, we'll see eh ;)

lozzi said:
My excuse was, if i had to squeeze out between cars and walk half a mile to the store by the time i got back it would be mother and baby.

hahah :lol:

:rotfl: brilliant

"However, under UK law a mother with a child of 17 could park there because under UK law they are still classed as a child."

Hold on a minute if thats true then how would the person that issued the ticket know that she DIDN't have a teenager with her. as there wouldn't be a carseat in the car because she wouldn't need one.

They wouldn't beable to issue tickets at all if that was the case.
xSuzx

sorry more quoting.

"Pregnancy is not a disability. It is a lifestyle choice

so is having children so if they are using that excuse why have the parking places in the first place. stupid pillock

and these bays are aimed at being wider for buggies.

I always thought it was so you have more room to get your child or the carseat out. And again if thats the reason they are there why is it ok for a mum with a teenager to park there as no buggy is needed.

Some men are right fuckwits, I bet he's not married!
xSuzx

When i was pregnant i never got told off for parking in the parent and baby even when i ws pregnant - i was too big at the end to walk too far!

But i alwasy have a pop if i see someone in the baby spaces without kids it annoys me loads! and having two young children i rely on these spaces more then ever as there the safest way to get the kds out of the car.

Would it be wrong of me to vote that yes she desrved the fine, just because I can't stand that annoying expression she has on her face?

i am sorry and prob everyone will jump on me but yes i think it was right, i go mad when disabled park in them and i think if they start bending rules then its open season, problem is they are not policed enough alltogeather

Ooh thats the shopping centre I go to! It's only about 5 min away. Never went when I was preg tho. I'm undecided whether she should be fined or not but I do think there should be special bays for heavily pregnant women too.

You're all going to hate me but I think she was right to be fined. The spaces are for 'Parent and Child' Same as disabled spaces should be for disabled people ONLY!! It's one of those things that if you change the rules for one it would have to be the same for everyone and the next time a lady with two young children came to the supermarket there would be nowhere for her to park.

Surely she could have found or waited for a space close to the shop so that she didn't have to walk to far.

Saying that though....I've never been pregnant because I'm still TTC so I'll come back and review this post when and if I'm ever 9 months pregnant and see if I still agree!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mary70 said:
i am sorry and prob everyone will jump on me but yes i think it was right, i go mad when disabled park in them and i think if they start bending rules then its open season, problem is they are not policed enough alltogeather

I have to say though, with having a disabled brother and sister... it was more often than not, the mother's with babies who'd park in the disabled bays because there wasn't sufficient bays for them... which I think, personally, is a far worse crime than a disabled person parking in a mother and baby bay...

At the end of the day, you try holding back a 18 year old man who has the will and mind of a 2 year old throwing a tantrum... and no concept of traffic... its a far more difficult task than doing it to a normal sized 2 year old I can assure you.. :wink:

This is just the point i was making rules are rules and as soon as they start being bent problems arise

I dont think she should have been fined. I remember how I used to struggle when I was heavily pregnant, especially when you get back to your car and some prick has parked really close to your side of the car and you can barely get back into your car :x

I love the 'Pregnancy is a lifestyle choice'... Erm I think its a bit more important (to the continuation of that human race) than that :roll: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back