Mother and baby parking!!!!!! LONG RANT

little*red

Reaction score
hey ladies :wave:
i forgot to tell you about my little story about what happened to me at tescos a few days ago. Ok here goes:

Brian and I went to tescos to pick up a few bits and bobs. So naturally as we had Evie with us we went to look for a space in the mother and baby bit. There was one space left so we drove along to get it, but just before we got there a man in a white van drove into it (he had no baby with him). Obviously we hate people who park in the M&B spaces with no baby, so i parked in a normal space and brian went over to him and asked if he could move so we could get the space as we needed the room to get the carseat out. The guy was fine about it and he gladly moved his van for us. So Brian stood in the space and kept it for me while i moved the car over to the space.
Just as i got withing a few yards of the space some woman went to drive into it. Brian stopped her and pointed to me explaining that we had just asked the white van to move so we could have the space. Knowing this she shook her head at brian and put her foot on the accelarator and tried to push her way into the spot, nearly running Brian over :evil: ! But Bri didnt move and refused to let her into the space. Eventually she forced her way in, but Bri was so mad he was calling her an ignorant bitch and all sorts :oops: . But she kept saying to him 'Just say please!' Which he refused to do. So i jumped out of my car and went over to have a word with her (Brian was still flipping, and threatening to scratch her car :oops: ). So i said to her " look,we have a baby in a carseat and need the space to get it out, plus we asked the guy in the white van to move for us, your child is more than capable of getting out a normal space and walking (she had a boy that was about 10 in the car)" so she said "ok fine i'll move but i want you to ask me nicely!" :x , so just to get her out of the f-ing space i asked if if she could pleae move her car and she said she would.
At this point Bri had noticed some old woman sitting in her car in the M&B space, with clearly no child in the car, and brian started giving her dogs abuse :oops: and the cheeky bint turned around and said "oh fuck off you!". Old bitch, she knew we were needing a space and was just being a fat lazy cow!

Ok so for the second time we got someone to move out of the space and i went back to the car whilst brian kept the space. And guess what happened! thats right another person ulled into it even though brian explain that he was keeping it for me :wall: ! This time the woman got out of her car with a boy of about 12!!!! I mean wtf he was clearly old enough to get out of a normal space, there was absolutly no reason for her to be parking in the mother and baby space! So brian explained to her that we need the spot to get the carseat out and that she clearly didnt need it. her reply was "I dont care im just quickly nipping into the shops for a few things" WHAT A BITCH!
After that point we had to just drive away because Bri was about to kill someone he was so mad at how ignorant people were being.

I mean what really f's me off is that both of these women were mothers and when their childeren were younger they must have known how hard it was to get a M&B space, so why do they make it hard for other mothers? Also why do they think that because the have a child that entitles them to park in that space. Tesco states that the mother and baby spaces are for mothers with children up to 5 years old, not 12 years old and capable of getting out a car without hitting another car!

What also annoys me is that people who are 'disabled' (ie OLD!) park in the spaces too, just beacuse all their spaces are taken! They would be the first to moan if a mother with a baby parked in a disabled space if there were no M&B spaces!

Ok i could go on forever about this! Its a major pet hate of mine.
Sorry for the rant just needed to get that off my chest :D

Oh that's made me so mad reading that it's one of my pet hates too :x

How friggin annoying :x . I would've parked behind their car so they couldn't get out :twisted:

his pisses me off too, we never find a parking space in m&b and have always had to use the normal omes. Its like when i went swimming with my friend and her friend we had 3 prams and we struggled getting on the bus because although there was alot of people none of them even offered to help us the silly tw*ts, i then went to my friend, very loudly lol, 'it really pisses me off when no one offers to help' we then has a long descussion on the bus about it, needless to say they fooking helped us off haha glad i made myself heard :)

thats ridiculous
i would be kicking and scratching their cars if that happened!!!

i got on the bus with my pram and there was a woman sat with a tiny buggy WITH SHOPPING IN, no baby or chid and wouldnt move into the smaller buggy place
so i had to stand in the gang way with my huge pram :evil: :evil:
i felt like punching the stupid twat

its true, noone ever helps, ive even had to struggle to open doors myself!!!
they dont mind sticking there fucking noses into the pram though!!!

Yeah thats so true, i was once in meadowhall and the lift was broke, had to caarry Hope in 1 arm and the pram in the other to get down some stairs, if it were other people theyd expect help though :roll: :wall:

That drives me mad too :x I'm not surprised your OH was ready to explode

Thats tebbible! You must of been soooo mad! I dread going shopping now cos we both get so worked up trying to get a M&b space. We really need it with 2 babies and where we go shopping has 1 M&B space and about 10 disabled space. You can bet your life that there always a car with disabled badge in it.

Oh hunny, thats so annoying!!! I never get a M&B space, it p**ses me off!!!

I get so annoyed lately when people tut and stare at me when Ruby cries in public..I used to get anxiety attacks, but now I stare them in the eye until they look away :evil: ANd then I say to the cashier at the top of my voice "God, the looks some people give me when she cries, you would think they never cried when they were babies..." :)

Grrrr this soooo pi**es me off - but at Tesco you are allowed to park in the disabled places too if the M&B spaces are all full. I think its stupid that they have 20 disaled spaces n the like 2 M&B spaces - grrrrr :twisted:

Thankfully at my tesco the M&B and disabled parking are barriered off and u need to have a special card to get in there so we always get a space :D
but it does annoy me wen people of kids aged 3+ are on the bus with a pushchair and the pushchair is up but the kids not in it and wen someone else with a child in their buggy wants to get on they dont put their one down

OMG this is one of my pet hates too, it drives me absolutley mad. Some people are so ignorant, I'm not surprised you and your hubby were fuming.

Last week I was coming out of Tescos and I was walking across the zebra crossing outside the entrance, Emma was walking beside me holding my hand, we were half way across and this old man just drives on across the crossing in front of us, he didn't even look, THEN he drives to the M&B spaces and parks beside my car. When he got out I said, "Excuse me, but these spaces are reseverved for people with young children", he just shrugged his shoulders and walked on. Arrrghh I was so mad, I couldn't do anything cos I had loads of shopping and Emma but if I could I would have ran after him and battered him!!!! :evil: :evil:

arrrrghhhhhhhh :x :x :x
this has made me soooooo mad reading this, why oh why are people so selfish & unwilling to help anyone out these days?
we drive around Asda looking for a M&B space evry week again & again coz they are all full & i scan every car in there & i go to Rich 'look that car hasn't got a car seat in it, they shouldn't be parking there' & then a kid of about 8 gets out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i tut very loudly & struggle getting the car seat out of the car in such a small space right in front of these ignorant wankers (sorry) & they don't give a shit.
i will not park in them if i only have Georgia or Josh with me ( not Louie ) & i mean i really don't.
they have to do something about it.
maybe we could try to do something?

I am like a grumpy old woman with this. A few months ago I parked in a mother and child space (the ones that have a pram on it) and next to us parked a woman wiht a child of about 15. I pointed to sign and said I think you will find that these are for mothers with SMALL children. She said something like (oh i only need a few things) back to me. I said well you could still get few things if you parked in normal space!!! - Anyway people began to look so she got in her car gave me the v sign and moved.

I will ALWAYS confront someone who does this because it makes me sooooooooooo mad.

Have to confess thought at Waitrose near where i live they have loads of spaces and I have parked in there when both children were at home with dad (that was out of habbit though not delibrate and only realised afterwards). But if anyone I have ever had a go at saw me I would be sooo embarassed. :oops:

arghhh this annoys me sooo much too...

i just want to get out and bash them.. lol

I ALWAYS confront people who park in the bays..

its usually boy/girl racers round here....

I start off politely... "excuse me i dont know if you noticed but this is a mother and baby bay"

if they still dont move, or come out with crappy reasons like "im just nipping in for a couple of things" i say.. "move ur car NOW, or ill get the customer services out to enforce there regulations" wtih a few not so polite words mixed in :lol:
it annoys me soooooooo much, its laziness and ignorance.

i hope when they have kiddies of there own, they get caught wtih a rainstorm, screaming child, loads of shopping and the car parked at the opposite end of the car park wedged in with an inch to negogiate the door to get the car seat in...

oooh that totally gets on my nerves aswell. Sometimes I'll be there driving around for AGES trying to find a M&B space, and there's all these fancy 2 seater sports cars parked in them with clearly no child-car seats or anything in them - very obviously not child-friendly cars if you see what I mean.
I feel like puncturing their tyres most of the time!
GRRRRRRRRRRR.

OK. so I'm going to be a little controversial here.

I absolutely agree that people without small children/babies shouldn't park in parent and baby spaces.

BUT

I can also see why disabled badge holders use these spaces if all disabled spaces are full. Given the choice between struggling to get out of their car in a normal narrow parking space, or having to park quite a distance away from the store, or taking up a space in the parent and baby area, I would appreciate that they probably needed the space more than I did.

If i were you i would have blocked her in lol. And if she complained just say "well i just nipped in for a few bits" :rotfl:

libs said:
I can also see why disabled badge holders use these spaces if all disabled spaces are full. Given the choice between struggling to get out of their car in a normal narrow parking space, or having to park quite a distance away from the store, or taking up a space in the parent and baby area, I would appreciate that they probably needed the space more than I did.

yeah libs i agree (not that they need the sapce more though!) but you can get a disabled badge if your a registered drug user! so really i dont think you should be using the disable spaces unless you are physically diabled i.e a wheelchair user or limited mobility in any way, so that the extra space is for getting the wheelchair & person in and out the car and the close proximity so those with limited mobility dont have to walk too far too the shop.

Well I think they need the space more - speaking as a mum who managed before parent and baby spaces, or buses which can take prams. I do use those spaces now though if I have my niece with me and I know I can cope if I have to park elsewhere. My sister who walks with the aid of sticks etc can't. She just can't get a trolley that far across a car park without hitting cars etc.
To get a mobility badge you need to have a condition that stops you from travelling a certain distance on foot. Sometimes that disability is visible - in other cases (e.g. heart and lung conditions) it isn't. She also needs extra space to get in and out of a car (she can't do the breathe and squeeze technique I use :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back