asda and their fooking parking spots

budge

Reaction score
why do asda have mother and baby spots and mothers to be spots in the parking area? It beats the shit out of me. No one controls who parks in those spaces. Today i went with my mum to get a few groceries and all the mother and baby spots were taken up. So we looked toward the mum to be spots. There was a space there but before we had time to parka woman beat us to it. She got out and she was by no means pregnant. She must have been 55 years old and she had with her her 10 or so year old daughter and 70 or so year old mother.
I just couldn't believe it. So i said to my mum we would go and park in the disabled spots. Its no joke going shopping with three kids when you're pregnant and my mums nearly 70 too.
We parked up in a disabled spot and went shopping. When i came out there was a leaflet on my car saying i was not permited to park in that area.
Well i saw red at this point so i went in to confront the customer service counter. I asked her why i was given a ticket in the disabled spot but it was perfectly ok for a non pregnant person to park in a preggo sopt. Just as i said this the offending family wo had parked in the pregnant spot walked by so i pointed them out to the woman. The family were very put out and said that they were disabled and elderly. I said that they should have parked inthe disabled spot then. The old woman said i had no respect for the elderly and i replied that she had no respect for young pregnant women.
The woman in the customer help desk told me that the mother and baby spots and mum to be spots were what they called curtesy parking areas. But the disabled spots were not. You HAD to have a yellow sticker for those spots.

This is find thoroughly unacceptable.Why provide parking spots for certain customers but not enforce it?????

Am i being hormaonal or what? :x :x :x :x

it does bug me too. but what are the mother and baby spots for??? so you can open the doors wider to get car seats and buggies out i suppose? but why do they have them for preg women???

i was 9months preg with Harley and had Dior with me but a 2seater sports car beat me to the mother and baby spot :x

i think they have the mum to be spots nearer to the superstore so you don't have to push the trolley so far i suppose.

Stuff like that irritates me too Budge. Whats the point of the spaces being there if no gives a bugger who parks in them?

Some people think they are superior to others. Especially some old people.

I had a big barny with some old woman on a bus a few months ago. As the bus was packed I pressed the buzzer and stood up waiting for it to pull into my stop. I'm balanced with one arm stretched out trying to hold on to a wobbly bus.
Anyhow, the old lady got up and pushed striaght into me, I managed to keep hold and the bus stopped so I got off.
Then she said to her friend in a loud voice "some people are so rude" normally I would have let is pass but I was 6 weeks pregnant and I thought she could have pushed me over and seriously hurt me.
So I turned around in front of a load of people and said "excuse me are you talking about me". And she had the front to say "yes I think your very rude not letting an old lady get off the bus first".
I was fuming, I had stood up well before her and was queing but she expected to get off first because she was old.
She was so rude and kept repeating how rude I was. Well it ended with me chasing her down the road telling her she was a stupid old fart :rotfl:

Sorry, got carried away there.

What was my point again?

the most anoying is when im in the shopping centre and there is a big sign on the lift saying for pushchairs and wheelchair only! and i wen to get in it was full of old people or non english that look at me gone out when i ask them to move

dionne said:
the most anoying is when im in the shopping centre and there is a big sign on the lift saying for pushchairs and wheelchair only! and i wen to get in it was full of old people or non english that look at me gone out when i ask them to move

primark in brum is the worse for that :x

i get peed off and talk in a loud voice that im going to have to use the escalator ith a buggyas ive had enough of people pushing in front of me :x

yeah primark in brum drives me bonkers only been with one child though not brave anough to take both. and iv used the escalater a few times just go up backwords with my buggy :roll:

This drives me mad aswell, i have to say though OH's dad has just been given a disabled badge cos he is classed disabled now, an cos he takes his dad where he needs to go we keep the badge an use disabled parking now even without him, i felt guilty at 1st though.

dionne said:

I was there yesterday Dionne!!! West Orchards...right? When I first got in I said to my mom "oh that's a good idea to have a sign telling able bodied people without pushchairs not to use the lift.

Every other time I used it though it was full of regular people :evil: :evil: :evil:

I had a big row with a woman who parked in the mother and baby spots at tesco the other week, she said she wasn't gonna move, got out of her car and locked it...I could of slapped her! luckily she could tell I wasn't gonna give up so she moved her car after all.

I find it REALLY rude...if I don't have Brody in the car I don't park there, so why should they? The other thing I hate is I asked a guy where his child was once and he pointed to his 16 year old daughter!! The logo for the spaces has a pushchair on it, and she was almost old enough to drive herself !!! GRRRRRR

[/rant]

urchin said:
I was there yesterday Dionne!!! West Orchards...right? When I first got in I said to my mom "oh that's a good idea to have a sign telling able bodied people without pushchairs not to use the lift.

Every other time I used it though it was full of regular people :evil: :evil: :evil:

yep thats the one west orchards, sooooo anoying.
hrf.gif

i popped into west orchards yesterday too :)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its so annoying isnt it? I did often use the spaces during my last month or so of pregnancy as i couldnt get in or out of my car with out opening the door to the max :oops: , if some one hadnt have left me enough room, i wouldnt have been able to get back in the car LOL
I would certainly have it our with any one who didnt have children with them if i saw them GRRR. It is just not on :shakehead:

they have mom to be spots!!?? i always say they should get mom to be spots when i go to the asda here cause in the normal spaces we always end up really close to another car cause there is no gap and then i cant open the door all the way and find it really hard to get out..elephant on board lol!!

my asda dont have them though :(

cas xx

I've been having barneys with women parking in the child spaces at tescos left right and centre the past few weeks. I just shout at the effing stupid bitches that they're being extremely thoughtless, where are their children and generally nasty. Sorry but those spaces are for people with babies, wtf should I have to struggle with Ella weighing a bloody ton when there are spaces there for us to use???

Anyway last week I went to tescos and they've removed a load of the mum and baby spaces and replaced them with disabled spaces even though there are loads at the front of the store. They were all empty and the baby spaces were full so I parked in one of them :oops: The parking attendent came up to me and asked if I had a badge and I shouted at him 'no I have a baby and these used to be mother and baby spaces, you don't police those spaces and stop people from parking in them without children do you?'. He got so scared he said I could park there but I still carried on ranting that I felt bad for it as it is and I was sorry to moan but I've got really bad hormones at the moment. Poor bloke almost ran away!! I felt really guilty for parking there, even more so when I came out and saw a disabled person in one of the other spots. It's the first and last time I will do it!

I'd never heard of mum-to-be spots? I have parked in the mother and child spots recently though, since I've got so big my movement's compromised.

My mum is very vocal about MAB spots, saying 'since when has being a parent been a disability?' and insists on parking in them when I'm with her saying 'well, I'm a mum and you're my child' :roll:

I'd like to add I don't share her opinion on this but if others feel the same way it's no wonder there's never any free! :?

It annoys me when people do it and i'm not a mum!
When i walk into town i walk across Sainsburys carpark and shout at people who've parked in the mother & baby spaces!
Graham says i'll kill someone for doing it one day!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

They should have someone policing them spaces, its completely unfair - why offer a courtesy service when they're not gonna uphold it!

I will admit we've parked in them once @ Tesco's - it was the night Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince was released and it was 3am... so i didn't feel too bad (and we didn't go in the ones right next to the door just incase!!!)

xox

LittleMinx said:
My mum is very vocal about MAB spots, saying 'since when has being a parent been a disability?' and insists on parking in them when I'm with her saying 'well, I'm a mum and you're my child' :roll:

quote ]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: what a splendid mum!

Every single time I go to Asda I have a stand up row in the car park with someone for using the M&B spaces when they don't have a baby. Last week they didn't even have a trolley to put the car seat on, apparantly, they only have 3 for the whole store :shock: I ended up making a formal complaint so we will have to see what happens there. But the car park attendant said mothers and babies are permitted to use the disabled spaces too, and there are always loads of them free.

It really irritates me when people use both disabled and M&B spaces when they are neither. More often than not it's jumped up butt munchers who thinks they're better than everyone else who dont wanna get their precious expensive cars scratched :evil: . Sorry to rant but it really gets my goat. I always wanna go up to these people and smash their kneecaps, then they'd know what it's like to be disabled!! I saw a poor woman struggling to get her child in her car cos childless people parked in the M&B spaces. These spaces should be monitored and tickets put on their windscreens.

Yeah my Tesco lets M and B people use disabled and vice versa. I never do though, I hate using disabled spots so never do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back