asda and their fooking parking spots

I'm really struggling at the minute because I am soooo pregnant, and also on crutches. Once I am in my car, I am fine to drive as I don't need to use my pelvis, but it's the actual getting in and out of the car that's the problem. I have to open the door really wide, then get my crutches and use them to pull myself up. Last week I went to Boots to get my free Huggies changing bag, and ended up having to sit on the boot of my car for 15 minutes to wait for the person who had parked next to me to come back so I could get in!! :shock:

I told DH about it, and he told me to park in the mother and baby, or disabled spots from now on. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I know someone who has a disabled child and therefore has a mobility car and a badge, but the child is bed-ridden and she never goes in the car. But the mother still parks in the disabled spot and then limps into the shop! I hate it. And even though my car now has the fixed baby seat bracket and window blind, it now looks like I have a baby, but I still can't bring myself to park in the mother and baby spots as I don't yet have a baby.

Our local Asda got rid of the mother to be spots when I was about 2 months pregnant!!! :roll:

The real thing I hate is the reason Kayleigh won't go shopping with me!!! :lol: Please don't think that I am racist by putting this, as I am not. In Leicester, we have a very large multi-cultural community, and a very large Asian population. And they are definitely the worse for this. They park in the mother and baby spot, the mother goes in to do the shopping and the father sits in the car with the kids!! :shock: Why do they need to have a wider space if they aren't even getting out the car!! I can't help myself and have to comment very loudly as I am walking past, so Kayleigh now refuses to go Asda with me!! :rotfl:

I have to agree with the frustration of using the spaces incorrectly.mainly the disabled ones, my nanna is 76 and can only walk about 5 metres before running out of breath and gasping, so it is traumatic enough when she wants to go food shopping (refuses to let anyone else do it for her) and nearlly always at my moms ASDA the spaces are taken by people without a disabled badge, just 'popping' in so they don't think its a problem cos they aren't expecting to be in long...... my nan just leans on their cars when she is gasping for breath and hopes they'll come out and feel guilty!

The MAB spots are also helpful, and the reason they are close to the store, is because the pram/ pushchair cannot be seen by a driver reversing out of space so the stores have a duty to reduce the risk of a driver not seeing the mum in time to realise she is pushing a baby.

I just take up 2 normal spots by parking in the middle. Get told I'm a crap parker by OH but its better then trying to get a wriggly baby out of a very small gap (already done that the once thankyou).

I get my hair off more with people parking in disabled spaces. Perhaps if they put the mother and baby spaces further from the front of the store then less people would abuse them.

Emmylou said:
The MAB spots are also helpful, and the reason they are close to the store, is because the pram/ pushchair cannot be seen by a driver reversing out of space so the stores have a duty to reduce the risk of a driver not seeing the mum in time to realise she is pushing a baby.

didn't see this before I posted. In my supermarket they have theirs by the wall, not near the fromnt and there are always speaces there. Perhaps put them in a quiter part of the car park.

tankett said:
I'm really struggling at the minute because I am soooo pregnant, and also on crutches. Once I am in my car, I am fine to drive as I don't need to use my pelvis, but it's the actual getting in and out of the car that's the problem. I have to open the door really wide, then get my crutches and use them to pull myself up. Last week I went to Boots to get my free Huggies changing bag, and ended up having to sit on the boot of my car for 15 minutes to wait for the person who had parked next to me to come back so I could get in!! :shock:

I told DH about it, and he told me to park in the mother and baby, or disabled spots from now on. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I know someone who has a disabled child and therefore has a mobility car and a badge, but the child is bed-ridden and she never goes in the car. But the mother still parks in the disabled spot and then limps into the shop! I hate it. And even though my car now has the fixed baby seat bracket and window blind, it now looks like I have a baby, but I still can't bring myself to park in the mother and baby spots as I don't yet have a baby.

Our local Asda got rid of the mother to be spots when I was about 2 months pregnant!!! :roll:

The real thing I hate is the reason Kayleigh won't go shopping with me!!! :lol: Please don't think that I am racist by putting this, as I am not. In Leicester, we have a very large multi-cultural community, and a very large Asian population. And they are definitely the worse for this. They park in the mother and baby spot, the mother goes in to do the shopping and the father sits in the car with the kids!! :shock: Why do they need to have a wider space if they aren't even getting out the car!! I can't help myself and have to comment very loudly as I am walking past, so Kayleigh now refuses to go Asda with me!! :rotfl:

aftr yesterdays episode my mother said she won't go with me either :rotfl:

budge said:
i think they have the mum to be spots nearer to the superstore so you don't have to push the trolley so far i suppose.

I wish that was the case!! in the asda near us, the mother and baby parking bit is the furthest away!!!! and some of them are under some electricity tower thing!!! :shock: :?

Oh god don't get me started on people who use MAB spaces when they don't have kids. I feel like killing them. I shan't start ranting now but ooooooooh they make me boiling mad :evil:

My advise is next time you want to rant at someone without children parking in those spaces is to tell them if they dont move their car, next time you see them you will make a point of parking next to them and opening your door nice and wide into the side of their car so you can get your child out of their seat! And ask which they would prefer! I dont think a lot of people realise that they are doing them a favour by giving families spaces alse where, as it stops kids swinging open doors and damaging other cars.

Although I must admit I think some parents are just as bad, and think that because they have children they have a good given right of way to barge other people out of the way, and that anoys me too. OH is awfull for this, if people get in his way or cut him up he just rams the buggy into their ankles. I get so embarrased by this I hate walking round town when he takes the buggy.

I'm with ya......either enforce it or get rid of the bloody things, as there's no point to them!!!!!!!xx

Lol i hate people that think they are special and can walk straight into you when you have people to you're side and they have noone next to them and have space to move across, i dont stand for it, in cornwall a girl tried this on and she was well blatently stuck up her own arse, i couldnt move out the way cause there was people there and she had loads of space, so i refused to move into someone else so i just walked into her and barged her to the side...and she said sorry for it :dance: result..bitch! :twisted:

sorry slightly off topic lol but just remembered when reading cats topic..

cas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back