Pregnant friend....

Kay1987

Reaction score
I just found out one of my friends is pregnant with her 2nd baby, and i know this may sound horrible of me but I just didnt feel happy for her when she told me, if anything I was jealous. (i never let it show of course) why is it that when someone on here gets a BFP im so happy for them but my own friend im not?!?!? x

maybe because everyone on here supports each other and we all go through this together,
my friend is 5 months preg n im sooooooooooooo jealous i want her bump so much, again i never let it show to her
i think its natural to feel jealous!!!!!!

The forum is completely different than real life.

In real life you have to physcially watch someone else life progress how you wish that your own would.

On the forum the pregnant ladies disappear to Tri 1 like they were never ttc at all and there is always someone worse off left behind so you feel a bit unjustified in sulking about your own misfortune :)

(that said, there is only a couple more left that are worse off than me and i'm willing them to get pg so then i can go on a ranting rampage lol)

As long as you managed to fake it for your friend, that's all that matters and all anyone can expect ;)

Last edited:
I agree that it's probably harder because you're having to watch her go through it whereas you're not face to face with people on here. Also, on here you know people are having just as much of a struggle to get pregnant as you are, so I guess it's easier to relate.

Having to see someone getting a bump and then having a baby is a bit like getting your nose rubbed in it, whereas here you can just avoid those threads and chose not to see it.

I'm sure your time will come soon then, and we'll all be happy for you. Try to enjoy your friend's pregnancy for her sake, and hopefully you'll get a bump soon and you can save some money by getting her handmedowns. ;)

I agree with all of that - and definitely kizzibea's comment about how on here you know everyone is having to struggle so you're in the same boat. Hearing a friend's happy news doesn't have the back story (and sometimes you can't ask!) so it just seems like it just happened.

Your time is coming x

thanks ladies, at least i know im not alone!! Now ive had time 2 think about it of course im happy for her, shes a great mum, just a moment of being jealous and selfish. At least I know everyone else gets similar feelings. anyway, i bought a test today and im goin 2 use it 2morrow so i know whats going on before i go on holiday, who knows, maybe i'll end up being her bump buddy!!! x

I always feel really chuffed whenever I hear anyone has fallen pregnant (on here or in real life - not that this isn't real life of course...) because for most women it is the most important thing to them.
Also, in a silly superstitious kind of way, I think to be jealous or miserable about it could jinx my own chances, does that sound daft?
I also genuinely believe everything happens for a reason and believe my time will come when it's meant to be :) x

I'm the same. My EX friend is 8 months gone and sure as hell hasn't been trying as hard as I have and i am so jelous I want to gouge her eyes out.

I do know how u feel I have been wanting a baby for a few years but time was never right and all my friends were getting pregnant and then moving onto their second and although I was happy I was also very jealous that she was on her second and I hadnt even had one yet, your time will come tho xx

My next door neighbour is 10 weeks and I gave her the test to get her bfp. It was strange cos she thought early menopause as nothing for well over a year and lots of bizarre symptoms. Anyway if course I'm jealous that she's pregnant but only because I've not made it at same time as her....I'm sooooo happy for her....this is her 4th!!! Can't wait to join her so we can be bump buddies together. .....

The forum is completely different than real life.

In real life you have to physcially watch someone else life progress how you wish that your own would.

On the forum the pregnant ladies disappear to Tri 1 like they were never ttc at all and there is always someone worse off left behind so you feel a bit unjustified in sulking about your own misfortune :)

(that said, there is only a couple more left that are worse off than me and i'm willing them to get pg so then i can go on a ranting rampage lol)

As long as you managed to fake it for your friend, that's all that matters and all anyone can expect ;)

That had better include me! ;-)

I'm exactly the same, really thrilled on here, very un-thrilled in real life. It's not the watching thing for me, it's the fact they dont seem to want it as much. The girls on here are all so passionate about ttc and the people in my real life appear so blase. Maybe they're not and they've been trying and praying and sobbing and poas like the rest of us and I just dont know, but it seems to come easy and with you guys I know we're all desperate and so much happier for you. If that makes any sense!

the people in my real life appear so blase

That is true also.

I know a lady who is 35 and had to have IVF to get pregnant after ttc for 5 years and you'd think she'd be excited and she isn't.

When she first told me that she had an embryo implanted i was dancing about the place and she looked like she didn't understand why i was happy :eh:

She had already decided she didn't want anymore and when i asked her why she was having kids at all (yes, forthright in real life too unfortunately) she basically said she was having it for her partner :roll:

She keeps telling me she want to get some exercise so i basically give up my routine to try dragging her out of the house once per week and what does she do? After a couple of weeks she stops being home when i call.

So instead she sits around on her ass all day complaining about pregnancy and everything that needs to be done before it arrives! It's like it's all so inconvenient.

She doesn't even take folic acid :roll:

Now she is nearly due she is back in touch and if she thinks i'm keeping her company and changing nappies while hubby is at work she has another thing coming :shakehead:

Oops, sorry - it turned into a bit fo a rant :blush:

Last edited:
Rant on love - that's truly amazing.......

I agree! Rant away. Some people are very strange about stuff...
Well, you can dance about the place at me when the stork brings me my bundle and I will dance at you vice versa.
Nice to dance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back