Pregnant after Recurrent Miscarriage

It's very good advice but hard to practice x I remember following your story when it happened the journey you went through and the amazing strength you showed. You will fit in right at home here and I hope we all have our rainbows. I'm on high dose folic acid 5mg aspirin 75mg and pregnancy vitamins. Did your thrombophillia screen pick up on anything?

Last edited:
According to the fertility clinic something was lower than they would like and would normally put people at this level on aspirin. The obstetrics consultant who gave us Harrison's PM results said it was normal! But he did have some pale areas in placenta indicating blood clots and placenta was very small so she said aspirin from 12 weeks. We told her what the fertility clinic said and she said go with their advice! The only thing that worries me was all the bleeding I had with Harrison but I have voiced my concerns and they said based on my bloods I should take aspirin so got to go with their advice and see..

Thank you x it's a terrifying place for us all and yet happy too it's a strange mix of emotions, I feel very tearful lots. I remember we were both pregnant together last time and everything you went through in hospital! I hope you manage to enjoy this journey at some point xx

I think a lot of were pregnant at the same time last year! My heart has been playing game and back down to 50-60bpm which is great. They have mentioned I may have something wrong with my placenta too that I may be getting clots in it hence the aspirin for me too. We'll my new doctor is pathetic. But I keep talking to my old doctor who I trust. My new doctor had the cheek to say we don't worry about people your age usually (I'm 30) and seemed reluctant to want to do anything. I pretty much had to ask for everything based on what my last doctor said.
I had the thrombophillia screaning he wouldn't give me the results just "they are ok"

Last edited:
Hi hun.

Welcome to the thread. Really hope you get your rainbow.

I'm not feeling inclined to tell anyone at the moment. We've always told our parents early on but then obviously had to tell them the sad news afterwards. I would love to keep it a secret until we have our dating scan and then surprise them with some good news! Hubby works for my dad though, so he's going to need time off for appointments so not sure what we're going to say. For my early scan I can just say it's a scan (at 7+6) for rmc tests but I'm hoping that they'll scan me again two weeks later at just under 10 weeks and then obviously I'll have my dating scan. That's going to be three appointments so need to come up with a few different reasons why! To be honest I'd be ok with hubby not coming along but I think he wants to so I'll have to come up with some reasons as to why he needs the time off! Any suggestions??

I'm not telling work yet either. Having worked there for nearly 12 years, I'm very aware of the risks and the measures needed to keep me safe. Again, I would like to surprise everyone with some good news as most of them have been very supportive during my mcs.

My frers seem to have plataeud a bit with colour but my cheapies are getting darker. I've got two digis to do too, so I might do the first on Monday.

Symptoms wise I've only really got a bit of extra cm but that's about it really. I've done cramps today which I know is normal but is very unnerving and I'm feeling very hormonal- angry one minute, then crying, then fine! Oh dear!

Hope everyone is doing ok?

XX

Welcome Lou and congratulations!

Emily we have the same issues, we both work with my FIL. We just say hospital appointment, I know they all assume it is fertility related but we don't elaborate and they don't ask. I've had so many over the last few years noone comments.

Eryinera I hate it when doctors pooh pooh you over things like age and it really annoys me when they wont give you your own results, our consultant is like that he just says ok and won't elaborate further.

My ics are gradually getting darker day by day and I like having something to pee on each morning! I did a frer this afternoon and my test line was as dark as the control line so thrilled about that. I don't think I've ever had one so dark.

I've got increased cm (not helpful I keep thinking oh no blood), the occasional cramp and sore breasts.

Yes the cramps and cm are most unnerving! Teat news about your lines though x x

We've decided that we'll tell them that the first early scan us the one I had to have for rmc testing. Then, for my second one we'll say they couldn't see everything properly in the first scan (my bowels have previously wreaked havoc during scans when I was mc, which I joked about with my mum so they'll probably believe that) so I've got to go back again and then for my dating scan we'll just say we're going in to discuss test results.

I'm still not convinced that this pregnancy will end well, but I want to have these ideas/plans in place for if all is ok. We won't be having any more children after this one so this will be our last chance for everything.

XX

I'm the same no more after our rainbow x I'm hoping this is the last time. It's so nice to have a plan and I hope you get to use all stages of it I think dating scan will be end Oct early Nov for us? Be nice to announce at Xmas I guess. May have to hide bumpage kinda hard when we see family every week. Baggy clothes in order lol. I keep getting glimpses of a future with bump and baby and then crashing to reality it's so scary this whole thing! I've decided I'm going to hibernate until November see you then lol

I'm totally the same hun.

Keep thinking to myself about announcing it to everyone, finding out gender, getting a bump etc etc etc and then it's like BANG!! Back to earth with a bump like don't go getting carried away as this might not end well.

Even if we wanted three children, I think going through this would put me off having anymore. I just didn't think I could go through this again.

XX

I feel the same I always said 2 and an accident. Well after our 2nd hubby is getting his tubes tied lol!

The balance between optimism and not getting carried away is hard! Currently I am struggling to feel confident at all.. I keep testing and driving myself crazy!

Because I told people we were going for embryo transfer (did not think ahead on that one!) I have lots of people asking.. I told lots of people with Harrison too, there are lots of things I can't do at work so it's pretty hard not to tell some people there.. I totally get not telling people every time someone asks me and I tell them I think oh god have I just jinxed this but to be honest everyone I tell I would need support from if it didn't work.

Here are my tests since Wednesday do u think line progression ok? Don't know why I am obsessing so much about it this time guess I am just constantly anxious and looking for reassurance..

Hope everyone else is keeping sane and feeling ok today X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15
Great lines Lou.

I'm 4+6 today and I got my 2-3 on the digi this morning. Never seen that before so now I'm excited thinking this could actually get further than before, then I have a panic and think I'm too excited and that this could still end badly. That balancing act of emotion is such a hard one.

Snowbee that's great! Sounds really positive for you.. I know exactly what u mean, the excitement leads to brakes on don't get carried away! It's a protective instinct I guess when your view on the world has been tainted and your confidence shattered xxx we will have to try and help keep each other sane! X

Girls I hope you don't mind me crashing this thread, I know I haven't actually miscarried yet, just waiting for it to start. I just feel a bit lost at the moment and Seeing all of you with your bfps is giving me something to hold on to although typing this is making me cry, my blasted hormones haven't caught up with the lack of development yet.

Congratulations louba, I've been following your story and can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

I have everything crossed for you all. X

Hiya Syd how are you doing? I know how difficult it is going through all this waiting for what seems like the inevitable to happen, I think your fibroid removal must have been a good thing though so fingers crossed for you that it can happen again. I can't imagine how hard it is being in a different country from your oh and having to go through all this. Big hugs x

Thanks Snowbee. I'm actually with him at the moment but fly home in a few days so the final verdict plus any management will be done whilst I'm away from him. Really tricky part is that I'll be staying with my parents and I REALLY don't want them to know anything.

Anyway, don't want to bring your thread down with my negativity. It's so wonderful how many of you are pregnant now :)

Hey we are up and down and we've all been where you are now. Congrats on the 2-3 I've not seen the 3+ so that's my next step not got the 2-3 yet I think next sat I'll test for 2-3 the following one 3+ maybe? My back is aching today and my optimism has turned pessimistic for the moment. But then this is my first full day back in work since finding out x

Thanks Snowbee. I'm actually with him at the moment but fly home in a few days so the final verdict plus any management will be done whilst I'm away from him. Really tricky part is that I'll be staying with my parents and I REALLY don't want them to know anything.

Anyway, don't want to bring your thread down with my negativity. It's so wonderful how many of you are pregnant now :)

I am so sorry for what you have been through, this journey is so tough for some people, others seem to breeze through it! Makes no sense.. I hope you find the strength to pick yourself up and try again.. Hugs xx

Hi ladies
Just wanted to say congrats to you all on your bfp's.
Having had 5 losses I can totally understand your nerves and anxieties but good things do happen, here's my 6th time lucky rainbow baby that I never imagined I would ever have but he arrived on Monday to fill my heart :love:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90