Pregnant following miscarriage

bradstudent

Reaction score
Hi, I have just found out I am approximately seven weeks pregnant. I had a miscarriage (five weeks) about 11 weeks ago, and I am now very worried about this pregnancy. Is it true that at about seven weeks your chances of miscarriage fall dramatically, as i am just latching onto ,misinformation. Also i have not been able to stop smoking, I have cut down to about 5 a day, and i only smoke half a cigarette before putting it out, but I am worried that I am increasing my chances of miscarriage! Please help, this is my first baby.

Firstly Congratulations on your Pregnancy.

I too suffered a miscarriage before this pregnancy although previously I had had five healthy babies. Because of this reason I have spent the whole of this pregnancy so far worrying and have done everything possible to avoid a miscarriage again.

I have read many items on miscarriage and there yes there do appear to be links with smoking, but the very fact that you have cut down so dramatically is excellent as I know its not easy. On the other hand, I know of many women that have smoked 20+ a day the whole of their pregnancy and gone on to have healthy babies. Perhaps as the weeks go on, you will feel less like smoking because of the nausea, if you are one of the unlucky ones of course.

Its also worth cutting down on caffine as there is still research going on as to whether there are links with caffine and miscarriage. Think the suggestion is no more than 4 cups of tea/coffee a day, but again this is still being researched.

I would honestly suggest you just read up on as much as you can & i think as the weeks go on your chances of miscarriage fall quite considerably especially by week 12. Somewhere on here someone has put a percentage chart, but sadly I couldnt find it to show you.

Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy

The Best and Positive thing that I can say to you is from past readings many many women go on to have healthy babies after miscarriages.

Take Care
Ragna xxxxxxxxx

Hi, I too had a m/c with my first pg, that was in April, so we concieved again v.quickly!!! LOL. Its so so worrying. Im still panicking, and petrified that something goes wrong, asking alsorts of questions to myself...would i know?? what if we go to the 12 wk scan and they find no heart, oh god alsorts of things, i keep reminding myself that every day that goes by, its another step closer. how are you feeling? i feel fine, which only adds to the worry, want to be sick every morning and have raging hormones to to reasure me LOL!
You have done so so so so well to get down to 5 fags a day, well done, so well its hardly worth smoking 5 a day!!! he he he.
Please try and keep stress free, and relax and keep healthy.
love hels xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back