Period like cramps...4w2days pregnant

Bubblesbeau

Reaction score
Hi ya can anyone tell me if it's normal to have period like cramps at 4 weeks? I know the uterus needs to stretch but I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks and a chemical pregnancy, so am feeling very nervous about this pregnancy x

i am also feeling a little crampy like period sort of pains. i think its all pretty normal i have been reading lots on it cos i have had 4 mc so panic about every thing but am pretty sure its normal xx

Thanks for the advice, it's nice to know I'm not alone :)
Will you be having an early scan because of your previous miscariages? I don't know how I will be able to wait til 12 weeks if everything goes ok til then x

yer ill be having a early scan hopefully will find out on fri when there sending me for one. will you get one? xx

I'm not sure to be honest they didnt seem very concerned about my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy but I'll go to my doctors when I'm abit futhrer along and see if I can be booked in for an early scan, i would love to hear the heartbeat :) x

I had cramps up until 6+5 and they felt very much like af cramps. I shouldn't worry at this stage.

We are twitchy first timers so we've opted for a private scan at 9 weeks x x x

Hi bubbles & welcome to the forum!

Period-like cramps are a common early pregnancy symptom so don't worry too much about them :)

Hope you get an early scan to help put your mind at rest xx

Thanks ladies :) guess I'll just talk it easy til I can have a scan.

Good luck to you all!

Xx

I had bad cramps early on so I saw my GP and got an early scan at 5week + 5 (that was the earliest they would do it) and saw the heartbeat :D If you're still worried when you get a bit further along, lay it on thick and try and get an early scan too.. Good luck!! xxx

Does anyone know if I have to go to my gp for an early scan or can I ring the epu at the hospital direct?xx

My first scan was arranged through gp. I too had hellish cramps-didn't know I was pregnant and would never have believed it had I not seen baby! Hope you get a scan soon, waiting is horrible. Xx

My cramps have been pretty bad today, i'm 5 weeks and this is the worst theyve been so far. Going to try and get to gp tomorrow anyway to register the pregnancy as I have a day off. I'm telling myself it's all fine but that fear just doesn't go away.

I didnt find out i was pregnant til i was about 6 weeks, I had awful cramping a couple weeks before just thought it was AF... Totally normal to be feeling crampy and not alot can be seen in a scan until 6 weeks. x

I had to get scan though the gp - but I don't know if it's the same everywhere... xxx

i have had terrible bk ache today tight low down on left side that went onto top of leg no tummy cramps as such tho just the odd niggle but im so on edge i just cant relax at all i have mw tomoro for booking in but she cant do much and i have a scan booked at epu for next friday and il be 7 weeks but i only got that as had a mmc last yr so they told me to ring epu wen i got pregnant again for an early scan i am not sure if u can just ring up willy nilly hoping for a scan worth a try i guess they can only say yes or no n if no go to gp or mw x

I had these from before my bfp til about 6 weeks but if I'm honest they were actually much more painful than period cramps! I also had spotting around then too and everything turned out ok but if you're worried maybe talk to your gp. Good luck! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back