Pregnant after Recurrent Miscarriage

My danger week is week 7... as you can probably tell I will probably have to be signed off as I've got a trip down south for 3 days on a train in October around week 7

'The one's with the time on' love it!!

My hubby is poorly! He's got whatever I've got so feeling rough as and therefore not interested in anything! Thankfully I only felt really unwell for 24 hours, although the dodgy tum has persisted so hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

I must invest in a couple of digis myself. Lost count of the number of tests I've got but digis are an essential item I think!

XX

I lost my first at 5-6 weeks. It was a missed miscarriage so we didn't find out until I would have been 8+4 and passed naturally at home at would have been 10+1. Second was lost at 8w+0, another missed miscarriag, diagnosed at what would have been 9w+0 and passed with erpc a couple of days later. My last loss was a complete medical mystery and other than confirming it was a loss, nobody had been able to explain what happened.

I'm not really sure what my danger zone is. I guess it would be up to eight weeks going by my previous but for some reason I've got it in my head that I can start to relax a bit once I hit sixteen weeks!

XX

Yea I feel I can relax a bit more once trI 2 starts. I. Supposed to be going out with friends tonight I'm wondering if I could get away with nursing a small port all night. I do think drink mixers so can't do the coke instead of malibu and coke etc. They know we are ttc so they are expecting the antibiotics excuse and whatever. It's only for 2 hours I usually drink brandy so it's a hard one to fake. I may just say i have a tummy bug and call it off but then they might reschedule. I'm thinking I'm so early most people probably wouldby even know by this time.
If I get to November. ... when I get to November I think I will admit it to people!

Can you not just drive and say that's why?

I'm not much of a drinker so thankfully it's not something I've ever had to really worry about?

XX

Unfortunately the pub is a 2min walk from the house so it would be daft. I'll probably just say Im not feeling the booze. If they raise eyebrows they raise eyebrows

Maybe say hubby is out elsewhere and you've got to go and pick him up after? Or is he coming with you?

XX

Ohh the drinking is always a difficult one. I really went off alcohol not long after we started ttc, at first I got oh are your pregnant all the time, but when I clearly wasn't popping babies out after every social occasion noone commented after a while. How about saying you are doing a detox or something? Or just go with the I'm feeling a bit rough so will just have the one and just carry it around all night. With my first pregnancy one of my school friends had a hen party, I hadn't really seen them much so they didn't know I had previously stopped drinking (and we use to be a bit wild!) so I just bought non alcoholic cocktails when it was my round and when it was theirs I carried the drink round for a bit then put it down.

Hes with me. I may just stay home and say I'm Ill

Yea I like idea snowbee I couldb fine places to spill some out or give it to hubby to drink! Ooo sneeky!

Hi there Emily, I just wanted to say that I know pretty well how you're feeling. When I fell pregnant two and a half years ago, I was really really worried and paranoid about miscarriage, and it made me miserable. It was traumatic and a confirmation of my paranoia when I actually did end up being unlucky enough to miscarry.

This time around, I really struggled to come to terms with accepting the fact that I was pregnant again. I couldn't enjoy it at all and paid ridiculous money for a lot of early scans just for proof that anything was actually still in there. It was also a shock to discover twins, and this made the pregnancy more high risk and me more paranoid.. it's only recently since I start to feel them move and after many many successful scans that I am starting to really feel excited! I've just put my first bid on a pushchair and painted the nursery!

With your recurrent miscarriages, I can totally understand why you would be feeling so nervous and unrelaxed. I just wanted to say that there's light at the end of the tunnel and eventually you will start to relax a bit and feel happier, especially after the dreadful tri1 symptoms go xxx

Thanks for your kind words hun.

I don't really get many symptoms in Tri one, so I'm not even reassured by feeling pregnant! To be fair I'm still very early on so hopefully I'll get some better symptoms soon!

Speaking to the clinic today has spiked my anxiety. It's like knowing that I'm having a scan in a few weeks is the countdown to the inevitable. The countdown to getting bad news.

This is really just awful. I'm taking it day by day but it's so hard. I want this baby so so badly but I feel like I can't get attached to it because it'll be leaving soon.

It's a total head fuck.

:cry:

XX

I do understand the depressing element of not being able to feel attached because of feeling certain you'll just get disappointed/hurt. It will be hard, but it won't be forever. TRY to distract yourself, although I know it's impossible. For a time during tri1, I struggled to even look at baby related stuff because I couldn't bring myself to be interested, in case the worst should happen. It won't be forever though, muddle through and it'll improve xx

In going shopping
Today and focusing on my son. Going to have a maccy d lunch and lots of fun. I've got a frer and another cb digI to collect from boots. Along with my folic acid coz I'm going to rub out before my docs appoint on the 13th September

I've taken Cam for his pre school eye test and not going to do some housework. Then put my feet up for a bit before I have to leave to take the Guinea pigs to the vets. We got them two weeks ago and it seems that one of them is pregnant! I can feel her babies kicking!! Just going to get it confirmed and get some advice on their care etc.

XX

Well, for her at least! I'm still reserving judgement on me!Lol!

I love to sit with my hand on her tummy and feel her babies move about. Ickle piggy kicks :love:

Need to try and get an idea of how many and roughly when they'll be due and also find out a bit more about best practice 25th caring for preggers piggies and their bubbas. I know I need to do separate any boys by three weeks old otherwise I'll end up with more babies but there's a few other bits I need to find out and obviously I need another hutch!

Not going to the vets until 5 so we'll see what they say.

XX

Aww wow. I wish there was a fast fowArd to tri 2. I hate this rollercoaster! Hopeful one moment laughing at names etc then a realisation that we shouldn't get hopes up the next. It's so rocky. P.s. I struggle with pills so just tried pregnacare liquid. BLUGH! you think a product aimed at people with morning sickness would taste nice! Lol feel like I've licked a camels arse!

I know keep you feel Eryinera! Booked another scan for next week eek!!

Emily - do you know when you are going to get your test results back ? Xxx

Some of them have come back already but my consultant is away this week so we probably won't hear anything until she's back.

The karotyping chromosome tests won't be ready for another 2-4 weeks I wouldn't have thought.

I don't think there's anything that will come of it. I didn't think there's anything with us, other than shit luck! Mind you, I'm also convinced I'll have another mc which if there's nothing wrong, there's no reason I should, but I'm convinced none the less!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back