Pregnant again after one miscarriage

Ray

Reaction score

Happy Christmas everyone!

I had a positive pregnancy test on Christmas Day... a wonderful present! 4 weeks pregnant. Feeling very nervous about it as we had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in August. It was very very sad.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I.e. in early stages of pregnancy after a recent miscarriage?

Not sure how to stop thinking that the same thing will happen again.

Thanks for any advice x

hi hun yes i am, had MC in april, chemical preg in august and now im coming up to 12 weeks, just gotta be strong. ( even tho i do feel very scared half the time!!) xx

I had two MC late last year at 8 wks and am just coming up to 7 wks now, know exactly how you are feeling am very scared

Thank you for your messages. Very supportive to know. xx

Hi Ray, I had a missed miscarriage in May and am extremely nervous about my pregnancy this time.
I just keep trying to think that I have a better chance this time and what will be will be, just try not to stress as it's so bad for you. x

hey ray i had a mc in sept and im 5 weeks 5 days, so want to be excited but im so scared too, good luck with everything

Its just so hard. I don't want to waste the first 3 months of this pregnancy by being so nervous about it all, but on the other hand I don't want to get excited about it and talk about it too much. Has anyone thought about early scans? Saying that, last time I had a scan at 6 weeks and then another at 8 weeks and then went on to miscarry at about 11 :eek:(

Congratulations hun, I had a missed MC in march at 11 plus weeks, and then went on to be happily preg with my current prnegnancy and all is well so far.

After one MC , nothing people will say will relax you or makre you worry less, you just need to find ways of passing the Tri 1 nasty bit quickly. I booked my docs appointment later than before so I had that to look foreard to, then had early scan to look forward to , then booking in at 10 weeks, then 12 week normal scan etc, and in the spare weeks without appoitnments I made sure I arranged something else to look forward to, and blimey the time went far quicker second time round.

Wishing you a lovely sticky baby X

How did you arrange your early scan? Was it private or done on the NHS? Did it help you to feel less anxious about it all? I had early scans last time at both 6 weeks and 8 weeks and still miscarried at 11 so I'm worried even if I have an early scan this time the same thing could happen so don't know if it would make me feel any better!! x

My early scan helped at 9 weeks because I saw the heart beat etc etc. I've got my scan in 1 week but again I'm panicking wondering what if somethings happened in those 3 weeks. Once I have seen the progression for 9 to 12 weeks I think I will calm down a bit!

Just wanted to say hi:wave: Im gonna be able to help you through this I was 4 weeks on xmas day too! Ive not had a mc before but we all worry about it here in tri 1. I say best policy is just try to relax and enjoy.... Dont do anything silly, eat well, fitness channel on sky has pilates and yoga for mums to be. Dont do anything to make you overheat... That's all you can do honey so try to enjoy. I know what you mean about scan, aaarrggh to wait 7 or 8 weeks seems like ages away doesn't it? Try to take up something to occupy your mind? Hey, what about knitting?

Massive congrats!! x

congrats on your pregnancy, after you have had a miscarraige you wouldn't be normal if you didn;t worry, you tend to set yourself goals aswell get to this amount of weeks when i miscarried last if i get past that date then 12 weeks mark, then 14 week. I have had 5 miscarraiges altogether inbetwen children 2 children 2 miscarraiges, then 2 children then 3 miscarraiges then 2 children, i think with my ones that stuck after the miscarraiges i wa a wreck till i got past those dates and even though i knew deep down everything would be fine these times, even though i had thought that once before, this pregncy i was in denial so didn't find out till about 8/9 weeks and as my latest miscarraige was 9 weeks i didn;t have much worrying. as you can see though this pregnancy has gone fine so far and again you are normal to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back