pregnancy pillow ?

i.love

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Do I really need a pregnancy pillow?

I'm starting getting a bit uncomfortable at night, but don't know how a pillow would help! I tried sleeping with a normal pillow between my knees (that's how you're supposed to use pregnancy pillows, right?), it was sort of nice, but I don't think it actually helped with discomfort at all. And I couldn't be bothered to take the pillow with me every time I would switch sides, so in the end I just left it somewhere under the covers and forgot about it.

was just wondering - are they really useful, or is it just one of those things that shops are trying to convince you to buy for the sake of buying?

I am much more comfortable with my pillow, i got it for 20 quid from Argos, nothing fancy but does the job

so how do you use it girls? just between your knees? or are you putting it under your bump? Won't any normal pillow do the trick as well?

Mine is full body lenght pillow so I hug it, bit is between my legs, under my bump as well. You just adjust it the way its comfortable for you really. You could use indivudual pillows but I think one long one is much better

For me at the moment the top end is between my poor sore sagging boobs for support!!! Then I have it between my thighs and knees, halfway down to my calves, the whole top leg is then supported.

I've always slept on my front but that became uncomfy fairly early on so this almost stops me going onto my front too.

Love mine - £7 off stamford market lol! Its a big V shaped one, brill for propping up sore backs etc. I couldn't bring myself to spend £££ on a fancy one and mine is really comfy. I never could get the hang of pillow between legs thing, like you i found it too much hassle when i wanted to change sides!

i just use a normal pillow! i have it slightly under my bump and between my knees! it works for me and it meant i didn't have to spend out on a maternity pillow!

try laying a few pillows in a row and see if it's more comfortable, if so then maybe a good idea to get one like knopk@ has!

spice thx I might try that tonight!

I've done similar to spice, find it far more comfortable, and as a pre pregnancy tummy sleeper (that changed soon in) it stops me rolling onto my front.

I spent nearly £40 on a pillow that just gave me a dead arm so I am back to just shoving a normal pillow between my knees!

Coco pops that's what I'm worried about. Plus our bed is not that huge (and the dog takes about a half of it!), I think it would be too crowded with a huge pillow!

i have two triangle shaped wedge pillows that can join in the middle, i use one most nights under my bump which give me support and kinda makes me feel more like i'm sleeping on my belly. the other one can either be up tight against my back to stop me rolling onto it to sleep (my second fav sleeping position after belly :p) or as a wedge so if i do go onto my back i'm still at an angle so hopefully won't restrict any blood vessels. then I have a normal pillow between my legs if i need it which isn't all that often tbh.

Does anyone know if I make a pillow 'ramp' so i'm at a 30-45 degree angle whether it would be ok to sleep on my back?

I've just got a v-shaped pillow. I absolutely love it and I'm pretty sure I'll even use it to sleep with after the baby is born because I find it so comfy to hug and stick between my legs in bed! Also I think it will be very useful for helping with breastfeeding. I couldn't be without it! x

rolled up duvet, wrapped in a single duvet cover and then tack stitched shut... basically free pregnancy pillow (which magically becomes a duvet again when you stop being pregnant)

I am much more comfortable with my pillow, i got it for 20 quid from Argos, nothing fancy but does the job

I've got that one too! Its brilliant!
I really do like hugging it at night, much more comfortable and doesnt break the bank. I think I will use it after birth to prop myself up

I dont think id ever get rid of it, i love it that much! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back