Pregnancy after levonelle morning after pill?

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi all!

I feel that I am posting this in the wrong board, but not sure where it fits and am desperate for answers.

This is quite a long post and sorry if I share too much info! OH and I have two children, currently only birth control we use are condoms. I do use opks in order to determine where in my cycle I am too.

I usually have a 28 day cycle. Last Sunday (CD 25) I got a strong positive on the opk which I found odd as I should have ov'd 10 days before. I paid no more attention. That evening OH and I DTD but at the end found the condom was left behind in me! I wasn't too worried as I was CD 25 of a 28 day cycle. On Monday my opk was again a strong positive, I did one again on Monday evening and it had faded to the same colour as the control line.

Due to the bank holiday and work, I didn't get to buy the morning after pill until 7.30pm and didn't take it until around 8.30pm making it about 40 hours after the accident.

Period did not arrive on due day. I didn't really expect it to tbh as I am guessing the positive opks on Sunday and Monday indicates late ovulation. Also meaning the condom slipped off at my most fertile time.

I am anxious about the possibility o falling pregnant after this. It wouldn't be a complete disaster and we do want a third at some point, but timing wouldn't be great. I have had some strange period like cramping on and off all day. Convinced af was arriving but nothing when I go to the loo at all. Also incredibly fatigued. I'm putting this down to the dose of hormones from the levonelle. If Sunday was ov day, I'm currently 6dpo and 4 days after taking map. Has anyone fallen pregnant despite taking this? I'm uncertain because of the amount of stuff I've read saying levonelle isn't effective around ovulation.

Sorry for rambling, and sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Personal experience of Levonelle, it caused funny period timings and odd symptoms for me too! If I were you I'd test around 2 weeks after you dtd to be sure x

Thanks. I did a hpt this morning (7dpo) and was bfn. I always have been a pops addict.

I guess time will tell, I hate waiting and wondering though. I'm guessing giving that I had the positive opk last Sunday that ad is due in a weeks time.

I haven't had any bleeding, just these mild cramps.

The same sort of thing happened to me . A condom broke and I took the morning after pull 11 hours after the incident . I ended up pregnant with twins so it doesn't always work .

Did you have any symptoms? The cramping has stopped now. No sign of any bleeding

I've continued with opks. Convinced the line is starting to get darker. Picture is yesterday afternoon (6dpo) at the top, this morning (7dpo) in the middle and this afternoon at the bottom. What do you think? Is this a side effect of the levonelle?

Attachments

• IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member