Morning After Pill Trouble.

SuperStar

Reaction score
Hey. I took the Morning After Pill 14th June and had a 3 day bleed 3 days later. I was supose to come on my period on the 1st July so that makes me 8 days late. Ive been feeling more tired, headaches, boobs have changed, had some cramping and i have lost all my appetite :eh: is this a sign of pregnancy. Or should i be counting the 28 day cylce from the 3 day bleed ? I have had unprotected sex since using the pull out method, does the morning after pill protect you for the rest of the month ? I dont want to be judged for taking the morning after pill. xxxxx

Last edited:
First things first, do a pregnancy test. xx

Last edited:
Hi There,

I dont think the morning after pill should affect your period but I might be wrong. Were you sick at any point after taking it?

X

i would take a test hun, u wont be judged here! xxx

Hi There,

I dont think the morning after pill should affect your period but I might be wrong. Were you sick at any point after taking it?

X

No i wasnt, but felt really sick the next morning as if i could of been.

WhT day did you take it, was it actually the morning after??
It is possible to be pregnant after the morning after pill! Do a test xx

I fell pregnant after taking the MAP - I was 4 days late and tested and got a very clear positive. I ha no bleed at all though after taking it. I took it about 27 hours after unprotected sex. Obviously didn't work for me!

I couldn't be happier about my pregnancy though, I was only trying to avoid pregnancy as I had only had a c section 2 1/2 months before.

The guidance states if you have not had a period 3 weeks after taking the MAP you need to take a pregnancy test. I tool the MAP on the 7th Feb and got a positive hpt on 25th Feb. Hope that helps a little.

It could have just messed up your cycle and sometimes stress can cause missed periods so it could just be that but you'll never know unless you test :)

WhT day did you take it, was it actually the morning after??
It is possible to be pregnant after the morning after pill! Do a test xx

Yeah it was actually the morning after i took it, id be really suprised if i was but i have had unprotected sex since then, i thought it protected you for the rest of the month. xx

Hi,

I aslo got pregnant after taking the morning after pill (many years ago!), so to be on the safe side hun I would do a test! If you not and you dont want to be go to see your local family planning place and get on a contraceptive pill or something so you dont have to worry! X

X

Hi,

I aslo got pregnant after taking the morning after pill (many years ago!), so to be on the safe side hun I would do a test! If you not and you dont want to be go to see your local family planning place and get on a contraceptive pill or something so you dont have to worry! X

X
Did you have any bleeding atall after you had taken it? Yeah im going to go on the pill after this is all over :) xx

I cant remember to be honest as it was 14 years ago, i just remmeber taking in 24 hours later, feeling sick but not being sick and hey ho still happened. I would just take a test cos at least it till put your mind at ease or gives you the chance to make a decision what you want to do XX

Did the pharmasist not explain the MAP to you? They should have done by law. No its doesnt cover you for after (as far as I am aware) so you could have got pregnant after taking it so like the others have said hun, do a pregnancy test xxx

No the morning after pill just protects you as described 'the morning after or as they say up to 72 hours after sex'. Although the chances of it working after 24 hours are dramatically reduced. The pharmacist or doctor should have made very clear that this does not give protection for the rest of the month. I took the MAP 27 hours after sex and it still didn't work for me - I dont feel it's a very effective method of contraception at all once I read the figures/stats. Its called emergency contraception as that is what it is for, an emergency.

Years ago they used to give you two tablets to take, one right away and another dose 12 hours later. Now it's just one tablet you take right away, so in theory ismt probably should be more effective.

You need to do a test, they should have explained that it doesn't protect you for the rest of the month. Did it not come with an info leaflet inside the pack? x

and the pull out method might as well be the keep it in method as men constantly leak sperm while they are having sex

No the morning after pill just protects you as described 'the morning after or as they say up to 72 hours after sex'. Although the chances of it working after 24 hours are dramatically reduced. The pharmacist or doctor should have made very clear that this does not give protection for the rest of the month. I took the MAP 27 hours after sex and it still didn't work for me - I dont feel it's a very effective method of contraception at all once I read the figures/stats. Its called emergency contraception as that is what it is for, an emergency.

Years ago they used to give you two tablets to take, one right away and another dose 12 hours later. Now it's just one tablet you take right away, so in theory ismt probably should be more effective.

No she didnt, tbh she didnt say alot. It did have a leaflet tho so read that. Thankyou :) xxx

Did the pharmasist not explain the MAP to you? They should have done by law. No its doesnt cover you for after (as far as I am aware) so you could have got pregnant after taking it so like the others have said hun, do a pregnancy test xxx

No she didnt, she didnt say alot :\ just told me the side effects and that xx

Hi hun. The only way to know for sure is to do a test xx

Hi,

Agree with others and BevG in that pulling out method is probably not a reliable method of contraception.

Good luck.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back