Preeclampsia

MrsP123

Reaction score
On Saturday 4/6/16 we had our baby girl at 26 +5 weeks, her name is Isabelle, she weighed 1Ibs 3. She was born sleeping.

We're on holiday in north Devon and on Friday 3/6/16 I got cramping for a few hours, I thought it was ligament stretching, but then I had a slight bleed. After calling my midwife and the local hospital I was advised to come in. On being assessed they couldn't find a heartbeat for the baby so they scanned me and we found that our baby wasn't moving. We had lost it (I say 'it' because at the time we didn't know what the gender was). +3 protein was found in my urine and my blood pressure was through the roof, I had severe preeclampsia. I went down hill very quickly. I was shivering, I developed an infection and I had started getting septicemia. They tried to induce labour with a course of pessarys, they didn't work, so Saturday morning I was taken to theatre for a c section. I was numb, I can't remember thinking anything while I was lying there being put under general anathtetic. We met our baby that evening. Holding a sleeping baby that was never going to cry or smile or laugh was devastating.
Each day is getting better but in still in hospital, going home is going to be a test.
When we get home we've got to plan a funeral :(.
Sorry about such a personal post.

Last edited:
I'm so so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you xx

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you at this heartbreaking time xx

"Tiny feet with tiny toes
A beautiful face with a tiny nose

Now a twinkling star shining bright
Forever at peace in eternal light"

MrsP, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Big hugs x

I'm so sorry to hear your devastating news.
Take care xx

So sorry for your loss :-( Sweet Isabelle, sleep well.
I know it's early days, but Sands are supposed to be a great support. Also know a charity called Little Fingers whose founders I know. Worth looking at.
Take the time to rest and look after yourselves and don't apologise for talking so openly and honestly about your little girl. Xxxxx

So sorry for your loss! ❤️

I'm so sorry for you loss hun.

What a beautiful name.

Big hugs honey xx

Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, it's so heartbreaking :(
Take time with your family to grieve
Sending you lots of love

xxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your baby girl x

I am so so sorry Hun I am 5 weeks into this nightmare and I know your pain, it's like no other I have felt before. We lost our baby boy at 36 weeks and it changes your life. Do have a look on the sands forum and also try to go to a local support group as it does help to speak to others who are also feeling or felt your pain. The days do get slightly easier, I cry less most days but I do also have bad days but it is still very early for me also.

Life is so unbelievably cruel at times, you will go through a lot of different emotions but just do whatever you need to do to get through each day

Again I am so sorry you are going through this, you are not alone xx

Lou x

So sorry to hear this, my deepest condolences.
I had pre eclampsia and it came on so quickly, it's terrifying
Big hugs xxxx

That is so so sad, what a tragedy for you, I am so so sorry to hear that. Really really sad news xxx

Heartbreaking for you lovely. So sorry for your loss; Sending loving thoughts x

Still thinking of you and your family, Mrs P.
Sending love and hugs always. Xxxx

I had my son Joey at 26 weeks too. He died at 6 days old last may so I truly know what you going through so I'm just a message away if you want to talk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back