Possible Miscarriage - Feel So Down

Mr-Ice-Man

Reaction score
Hi

All the raz mitaz on finding out my girlfriend was then today i had a phone call from her mum at around 9am saying they were waiting for an ambulance to arrive as she has started bleeding bad when she went the toilet.
I got to the hospital (Arrowe Park Hospital) and was there till 16:30pm after alot of messing about from the hospital staff and now we have to go for a scan on monday as they dont do scans at the weekends.

Im so gutted coz our first check up was suppose to be on the 13th January.

oh no i'm sorry to hear this :(

lots of women do bleed a lot during pregnancy tho and it doesnt always mean miscarriage, hope everything turns out ok for you both x x x

I'm so sorry. It's such an awful downer after being so overjoyed at the news.

As Trixie said, although not strictly classed as 'common', a large number of women do bleed during early pregnancy (I think it's 1 in 3 but don't quote me) and only half of those go on to have a miscarriage. It's always terrifying and I really hope you both are of the other half who have no more problems.

Sadly there really is nothing they can do except scan you so it's an awful wait-and-worry situation.

Thinking of you

I hope all works out well for you and your girlfriend's ok. Good luck for tomorrow :hug:

Thankyou for all your nice posts and private messages.

How it started was she has been having pains and yesterday morning she woke up for the toilet and there was blood but she said (sorry for detail) it was stringy.
So thats when she went the hospital, they took water and blood samples and then waited and waited and waited while everyone got seen before us.
Then around 3pm after complaining about nothing being done the nurse said that the gynecologist was coming over.

When he got there he said the results had come back that she was still pregnant but that can say your pregnant even if it we may of lost the baby for up o 4 weeks.

He then said he was going to have alook at my girlfriend to have alook at something called the kneck part or something to see if it is open or closed.
So he gave her a gown to put on and he went to get a nurse to come in with him, anyway when she was putting the gown on like clots of blood dropped onto the floor which he took away but he done his checks and then said about coming for the scan on monday.

The consultant will check to see whether her cervix is open or closed as this will tell him what's going on. If it's open then she is having a miscarriage and unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do to change this.
Is the blood bright red (fresh) with dark red/black clots in? If it is then sadly that sounds a lot like she's having a m/c :(

They'll most probably do a 24 or 48hr blood test to check her hormone levels to see if they're rising or falling. I had to go back twice to the hospital for them to check mine when I m/c'd.

I wish you both well. Thinking of you and sending :hug: your way xx

Sending hugs from not so far away.

I hope everything is ok.

We lost the baby, just thourt i would let you all know.
Thanks to everyone who gave us advice on this thread and the other, just feel it was all a waste of time now bothering you all when it went wrong anyway :(

I don't think you should ever feel like that ice man, thats what we're all here for to try and support each other no matter what the outcome is.
I'm sorry for your loss :hug: xx

It wasn't a waste of time at all, that's what's so fantastic about this place, we're all here to support each other through the good as well as the bad times. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you at this sad time xx
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Telling someone how you feel is never a waste of time ! I'm sorry for what has happened, but if you or your missus need to talk to someone then don't feel that you are wasting anyones time EVER. Really. If it matters to you then it is worth saying, and we will all be here to listen to you and support you

Love to you and yours

X

I'm so sorry to hear your news and, as others have said, PLEASE don't feel it was a waste of time. It's a scary thing when you don't know what's going on and this forum certainly helped me when I needed it.

As people say "no question is a stupid question".

Hope you both start to feel better soon...

so sorry for your loss.. but please dont feel like you have burdened anyone with your questions.. this is what we are hear for.. support and friendship.. and a listening ear when you dont want to or cant involve family..wishing you the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back