Possible prolapse?

kitty2016

Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advice if anyone has been in the same situation.

I’m 9 weeks pp and I’ve mentioned to my GP and health visitor that it feels “heavy” down there and as though something has dropped. They both told me not to worry and both asked if I have been doing kegels, which I have.
When I have birth, I was told that my pelvic floor was low and to make sure I do the exercises.

I’ve had some cramping today. Nothing severe, just thought my period was on the way. Went to th toilet and something felt strange. Felt down there and could feel something amost poking out??
It felt spongey and as though I could push it back in. Sorry if TMI

Got a mirror out and there it was, something fleshy, presuming part of my pelvic floor. Visible and pokable. Is this normal?? What do I do??

I would go and see your gp. It is possible that’s what’s happened. Possibly a vaginal wall/vault prolapse. It happens more often than you’d think. Ask for an internal exam x

Thanks. Yes I’ll make an appointment on Monday but I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar that could maybe put my mind at rest before then!

I recall feeling like I had a badly inserted tampon in there for the first few weeks after delivery, but dedicated pelvic floor exercises seemed to resolve that. I do them daily still 6 years later! But being a midwife I talk about the a LOT lol. My female relatives have all had prolapses which have been easily resolved but it did involve surgery x

I recall feeling like I had a badly inserted tampon in there for the first few weeks after delivery, but dedicated pelvic floor exercises seemed to resolve that. I do them daily still 6 years later! But being a midwife I talk about the a LOT lol. My female relatives have all had prolapses which have been easily resolved but it did involve surgery x

Oh crikey, that’s what I was afraid of. A LOT of googling pointed in the direction of surgery. Do you think once it’s got to this point (where I can see something fleshy) there’s no turning back?

I thought I had a prolapse because I had what you described, kitty. It felt like my walls were protruding?
I went to a GP that was specially trained in gynae/sex health and she said there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and that it may just be that my vagina was still a bit heavy and swollen and looks different to what I was used to.
I took her word on that and so far everything seems to be back to a 'new normal'. No more protruding. I was also advised to do the kegels, but I'm awful at remembering :wall:

It's definitely worth going and seeing the GP to see what they say. They'll take a look with a speculum to see the walls of your vagina and rule out any bladder/uterus prolapse. It definitely put my mind at ease because whenever I walked it felt like chafing, but apparently this was normal for me at the time.

Also, if it is a prolapse, the vagina mesh are being banned so it'll most likely be resolved with kegel exercises as opposed to surgery.

I had this from about 27 weeks! Something was hanging out my vag! I asked my consultant to look as was worried about prolapse. He said it's fine and its just that my muscles have relaxed abit more. But get it checked out just incase x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back