Incontinence...

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Hey ladies, well its been 7 weeks since I gave birth and I'm still having issues with leaking urine! :shock:

I try to do pelvic floor exercises but they just feel weird and then I also forget to do them...but still incontinent after 7 weeks? It happens more when I'm out and about which is awful...and its not like I get that "bursting to go" feeling, it just flows out! :(

I'm starting an access to university course next week and I'm dreading the fact that I'll need to change my maternity/incontinence pad during class...and even the thought of leaking is stressing me out!

Could I have damaged my bladder somehow through labour? Or am I needing to work harder on those pelvic floor exercises? Anyone else experiencing this?

I have my check up tomorrow so I'll mention it to the doctor but I've a feeling she'll just tell me to do pelvic floor exercises....

This is awful ladies. x

hey hon, I done have personal experience but didn't want to read and run. A good mate had the same problem last year and it turned out the birth had damaged muscles which led to the incontinence, she couldn't run or jump etc and leaked a lot I think. She had a long time pushing in her labour with ventouse in the end. I think she had to push for referral but in the end it was pretty bad she had an op to correct her muscles which meant she couldnt pick up baby from standing for over a month so had to have lots of help from parents. Its perfectly fine now though although they said next baby will be a section. Im not saying you'll need an op! but this was my experience through my friend and didnt want to read and run. Good luck at the docs and keep doing you pf exercises xx

Thanks for replying Minchin ;)

Oh how awful that your friend had to go through that!

Doc said to me, that if it doesn't get any better that she could refer me to physio who use electric impulses to stimulate the muscles which should help tighten them...really don't fancy that at all. So I'm gona draw up a tick chart (so baby-ish i know :lol: ) for my pelvic floor exercises so as I can keep track of how many and when I'm doing them.

My labour involved a lot of pushing too...I had an antenatal MW when I should have had a delivery MW! The antenatal MW didn't really have experience of delivering, but the hospital was extremely busy and so she had to help me...she didn't click on that my main waters were still intact and had me pushing for around 3 hours or maybe more! So I was pushing all that time and getting nowhere. I'm hoping the prolonged pushing hasn't caused any lasting damage, but guess I'll have to wait and see if it gets any better over the next while.

I appreciate you sharing that info. x

Last edited:
I've been having this problem too and dex will be 9 weeks this Friday
It's the same thing, it just sort of flows out with no warning....and only seems to be when I'm out

Its horrible isn't it! Its really getting me down now. I'm trying to exercise by taking Avery out in pram along with our doggies for about 1hr a day and my pad is filled with urine by the time I get home! Even the feeling of it flowing out gets to me as I start to feel really self concious that it'll leak through to my bottoms or will smell.

Lets hope it gets better eh cos it doesn't do much for self confidence. Massive hugs :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back