Please Read - OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

Ive just been diagnosed with OC. its not very nice. im being closely monitored. taking 3 different.tablets and more blood tests on Monday. if the bile hasnt slowed down then they will be delivering my baby asap. I really would advise ANYONE no matter how big or small the symptom, please go see a midwife or.go to the maternity unit. i nearly ignored OH when he was begging me to go in. Im glad i did. xxx

A question, is constant heartburn caused by this.bile acid? xxx

Im not sure. I think the bile acid is in your blood so a different type of acid iykwim. That said, I was plagued with heartburn from about 25 weeks. Glad your being monitored. Its the worst thing in the world for sure. I had my girl at 37 weeks cauae of it. I was diagnosed at 28 weeks and it was thw longest most horrible time ive known.
Xx
tapatalking

Also did anyone have baby early even if the condition eased and the bile acids slowed down? or did doctors/midwvies let you go fully through til the end? xxx

Im not sure. I think the bile acid is in your blood so a different type of acid iykwim. That said, I was plagued with heartburn from about 25 weeks. Glad your being monitored. Its the worst thing in the world for sure. I had my girl at 37 weeks cauae of it. I was diagnosed at 28 weeks and it was thw longest most horrible time ive known.
Xx
tapatalking

Can I ask was you girlie delivered without complications and good weight?

Also regardless if bloods improve we still have to have baby early due to the medication we are taking :/

But mw has been saying that term is 37-42 so 37 is not really that early :)

37 weeks is the earliest they will deliver. Gives baby best chance. I had 2 lots of steroids to develop her lungs incase of complications.

My bile acids went up to 58 at one point and back to 6. They constantly fluctuated which was odd. I chose not to have meds as my consultant felt there was no gain -benefits v risks and all that. So I went with that advice.

My girl was born via an elective csection with no complications and she weighed 6lbs 11.5oz. So she was a great weight for 3 weeks early. Xx

tapatalking

37 weeks is the earliest they will deliver. Gives baby best chance. I had 2 lots of steroids to develop her lungs incase of complications.

My bile acids went up to 58 at one point and back to 6. They constantly fluctuated which was odd. I chose not to have meds as my consultant felt there was no gain -benefits v risks and all that. So I went with that advice.

My girl was born via an elective csection with no complications and she weighed 6lbs 11.5oz. So she was a great weight for 3 weeks early. Xx

tapatalking

Ive had my two steriod injections then having the blood test on monday to see if its lowered. whay are the risks if you chose not to take the meds. i feel uneasy taking meds with baby still inside.

my bile acid was 39 on wednesday xxx

Last edited:
Not sure. I guess u need to Ask on monday. I had horrendous itching. And I mean the stuff of nightmares. But just got on. I had menthol cream to apply and barely slept for about 10 weeks during the night. I had to stop working at 32 weeks which wasnt my plan. Xx

tapatalking

Not sure. I guess u need to Ask on monday. I had horrendous itching. And I mean the stuff of nightmares. But just got on. I had menthol cream to apply and barely slept for about 10 weeks during the night. I had to stop working at 32 weeks which wasnt my plan. Xx

tapatalking

ICP Support site was useful. the tablets im on arent liscenced and no evidence of them workibg. and if they did work then many hospitals would deliver baby early anyways. im high risk and have been optioned for a c section if the epidural doesnt work. im gonna phone my midwife to see what she says. id feel better getting delivered at 37 weeks than worrying the risk of baby being stillborn. xxx

I agree. Now u say im sure the consultant told me there was not enough evidence of not controlling the oc with the meds. I was adamant I was having her ar 37 weeks due to a baby cousin of mine being still born late on. Thankfully they listened. Good luck twinkles xx

tapatalking

Thank you Gayle. my fear is the fact it hasnt been properly proven yet. i dont want my daughter at risk of being stillborn. i hope my midwife listens!! xxx

Thank you Gayle. my fear is the fact it hasnt been properly proven yet. i dont want my daughter at risk of being stillborn. i hope my midwife listens!! xxx

How many weeks are you? If they are delivering her at 37 weeks and monitoring you then you will be fine. I was told to keep my eye on movements and I had twice weekly bloods with midwife. Xx

tapatalking

How many weeks are you? If they are delivering her at 37 weeks and monitoring you then you will be fine. I was told to keep my eye on movements and I had twice weekly bloods with midwife. Xx

tapatalking

34+3. im not being monitored everyday. i was monitored yesterday, and again on monday along with my 2nd blood test. I akso know someone else who had this and demanded a c section and got one. Xxx

Well I was already having a csection but yeah you can have what ever u wish. Xxx

tapatalking

Well I was already having a csection but yeah you can have what ever u wish. Xxx

tapatalking

i went to see a consultant this afternoon and they are going to induce me at 37 weeks. or if my bile acids havent.gone down on monday then it will be sooner. im glad i got the answers xxx

Brilliant. Wont be long then. Hope tour not suffering too much. It drove me up the wall xx

tapatalking

hi ladies i had oc in my first pregnancy and i starting to get it again last year when i mc but im now 9 weeks pregnant and was just wanting to ask if any of u have had ur gallbludder out and still got this and if u think i may get it again as i had my gallbludder out when my lo was about 18 months old she is now 6 years old
thanks for reading and getting back xx

p.s with my lo i got oc at 16 weeks x

thanks for the info
i have severe itching (with a rash ) its all over my body my face arms legs bum bump every where doctor gave me chlophine 4 mg but there not really helping as of yet ..im itching so much my skin is cut and bleeding..im worried it could now be this im 27 weeks 1 day
could it be o.c ? xx

hi ladies i had oc in my first pregnancy and i starting to get it again last year when i mc but im now 9 weeks pregnant and was just wanting to ask if any of u have had ur gallbludder out and still got this and if u think i may get it again as i had my gallbludder out when my lo was about 18 months old she is now 6 years old
thanks for reading and getting back xx

p.s with my lo i got oc at 16 weeks x

I had my gallbladder out 15 years before pregnancy. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27