Please Read - OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

That's a huge leap. Have they put you on any meds? How are you doing?

I'm on the meds the highest I can be on lol I've been on the low dose from 16 weeks and about two weeks now on the high dose with cream too I'm ok so far but the itching is driving me mad my little man is doing ok so far he is moving lots which is nice thank u for asking xx

Hope everything works out fine for you and those damn bile acids go down! X

Woohoo my bile levels r now 20.3 thank god x

Glad they're going down for you! I've gott blood test tomorrow then find out Thursday what the level is. Spoke with midwife yesterday regarding action for OC. She said at the particular hospial I am at if they get over 14 you have to see the OB to discuss the next steps

That's great Vicci, glad they've come down. My feet have been itchy at night again. I got tested again on thurs but all normal thankfully. (I had OC in previous pregnancy) so happy I've managed to avoid it this time.

That's good Hun wish I had got it in both pregnancy at 16 weeks and also got it early in the one I lost the year b4 this pregnancy xx

Bile acids are at 9. The other two enzymes are raised which might need me to see an obstetrician at the hosp. Got to go docs at 3pm so he can ring them to see what they wanna do x

Hospital have put me on urso and vitamin k for the time being. I turn 37 weeks tomorrow. Scan on Monday at the antenatal day assessment unit then they've booked me in for an appointment with maternal medicine on Thursday. Discussing induction too x

Morning Ladies,

Just after a bit of advice really.. I am almost 20 weeks and very early on in my pregnancy I started getting really itchy soles of my feet. I didn’t even relate it to pregnancy, I just thought it was dry skin or washing powder or something! It got quite bad sometimes, when I was driving a few times I had to pull over on the hard shoulder to itch my feet! This went on for about 6 weeks but a few weeks ago it stopped and touch wood my feet don’t itch anymore.
I didn’t think any more of it until I saw this thread and then had a look at some of the websites and noticed that itchy feet was one of the main symptoms.

So I’m just a little concerned now..Should I call the Midwife? Or could it just be down to hormones as it stopped about 3 weeks ago? Would it just stop like that or get progressively worse?
Also from reading, its more common in the third trimester and mine started very early on…

So just after a bit of advice really..thank you!

x

Morning Ladies,

Just after a bit of advice really.. I am almost 20 weeks and very early on in my pregnancy I started getting really itchy soles of my feet. I didn’t even relate it to pregnancy, I just thought it was dry skin or washing powder or something! It got quite bad sometimes, when I was driving a few times I had to pull over on the hard shoulder to itch my feet! This went on for about 6 weeks but a few weeks ago it stopped and touch wood my feet don’t itch anymore.
I didn’t think any more of it until I saw this thread and then had a look at some of the websites and noticed that itchy feet was one of the main symptoms.

So I’m just a little concerned now..Should I call the Midwife? Or could it just be down to hormones as it stopped about 3 weeks ago? Would it just stop like that or get progressively worse?
Also from reading, its more common in the third trimester and mine started very early on…

So just after a bit of advice really..thank you!

x

From what my midwife told me, it can start at any point. Just more common in the third trimester. Never hurts to mention it to her :) I was putting my itching down to changing body lotions, glad I didn't In the end, and was sent for a simple blood test, after three blood tests and having myself scratching till the cows come home, I was diagnosed. Always better to be safe than sorry :) x

Thanks Gemma…I’m not due to see the Midwife again until 24th of May so I think I’ll give her a call tomorrow!

Hope you’re doing ok x

I've had this from 16 weeks Hun it's not common in early pregnancy but can happen if ur not happy ring the doctors or midwife and ask for the blood test Hun it's doesn't hurt to ask x

Saw a consultant today. Being induced on Saturday! Eeeek!

Clarep always good to give them a call. Simple blood test will rule it out. Think earliest ever case of OC was diagnosed at 8 weeks. So does no harm to get yourself checked out.

Gemma good luck tomorrow, how are you feeling about it?

Clarep always good to give them a call. Simple blood test will rule it out. Think earliest ever case of OC was diagnosed at 8 weeks. So does no harm to get yourself checked out.

Gemma good luck tomorrow, how are you feeling about it?

Thank you! I'm feeling very nervous but excited!x

For the past few nights my feet have been itchy at night time..didn't really think much of it until today its in the day time too, with abit of scalp itching an arm itching thrown in? I'm pretty sure that's in because im now thinking of itching but will keep an eye on it now ive stumbled across this post! Thanks ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back