my obstetric cholestasis update..........................

Rosebay said:
Sam&Alice said:
i still can't believe a) there is someone due on the same day as me on the forum (in fact there are 3 of us!), and b) two of us have both got the same condition!! Im a little ahead of Claire in the 'race' though as my consultant wants to start me off at 37 & 1. They did with alice and i had her at 37 + 2.

I know! Now you've both left me due-date buddies! I'd rather not join your OC club though if you don't mind!

ClaireBear- so glad you've made a decision that you feel happy with. Ignore his worries about the C section- I know I haven't had one but a lot of my friends have and most have elected for a second one, there are risks to everything, including walking down a street but I think you've just got to weigh up what risks you're prepared to take and which you're not. I think that if I were in your shoes I'd have made the same choice. I really hope your itching gets a bit easier again quickly.

Wow- you've not got long now either of you!

Huge hugs to you both :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

yay!! our other due date buddy!! :cheer:

lol nope i dont blame you with the OC thing,i wouldn't wish it on anyone! :shakehead:

thanks for the reassurance on our decison,we feel its the right choice to,i agree everything does have risks,i just got the impression he was very against c sections,although all being well it wont come to that and the induction will go well. :pray:

i hope you are doing okay!! :hug:

katie05 said:
Ignore his worries about the C section- I know I haven't had one but a lot of my friends have and most have elected for a second one, there are risks to everything, including walking down a street

Totally agree with this. I opted for my second one and yes was anxious but it was a wonderful experience and id love to do it again (if hubby would allow :D )

:hug: thanks!

i mentioned to him today that if i had to have a c section i would as the risk for me of going to full term seemed scarier with the stillborn threat,then the c section did,he just mentioned that it can cause the baby breathing problems etc.
as long as he arrives safely i dont mind how he birth happens!
i just want to get on wth it now! :cheer:

Just to reassure you Clairebear I had to be induced with my 1st at 38 weeks due to high BP and at 40 weeks with my 3rd due to Polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid which means bubs can get cord wrapped round neck as they have more room to move). With both the birth progressed well and a c-section wasn't even mentioned and both were born normally. The risk of c-section may be higher than if you go into labour naturally but if you have a good mw I truly believe that does wonders for your labour progressing as it should :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mik said:
Just to reassure you Clairebear I had to be induced with my 1st at 38 weeks due to high BP and at 40 weeks with my 3rd due to Polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid which means bubs can get cord wrapped round neck as they have more room to move). With both the birth progressed well and a c-section wasn't even mentioned and both were born normally. The risk of c-section may be higher than if you go into labour naturally but if you have a good mw I truly believe that does wonders for your labour progressing as it should :hug: :hug: :hug:

many many thanks! :hug:
that makes me feel better! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back