Got tested for OBSTETRIC CHOLESTASIS

laetitia85

Reaction score
I went to the hospital yesterday to have a blood test as I was worried about itching etc.
Results will be in on Friday.
However the midwife told me they no longer induce women who have OC, they just let them labour normally but they do
monitor them closely from 38 weeks. :think:

I was tested for this as I had really itchy hands and feet and it came back clear thankfully and it was an allergic reaction I had developed.

Let us know how u get on with results hun :hug:

I just replied to you in the other post.

I'm sure everything will be ok but better to get it tested, let us know how you get on :hug:

Good luck hun, let us know the results
I was induced at 37 weeks, told was unsafe after that, wonder if they have shifted bloomin guidelines again :roll:

just curious? why do you want to be induced? its not a fun thing apparently. and its a last resort.. not something you want to be hoping for.. perhaps hopeing for a natural safe healthy birth would be better?

According to all the guidlines it is far too dangerous to go after 37 weeks if you have OC
both for baby and mum, its not a choice you get to make unfortuneatly

jo said:
According to all the guidlines it is far too dangerous to go after 37 weeks if you have OC
both for baby and mum, its not a choice you get to make unfortuneatly

Apparently they don't induce you for having GD now either unless they feel the baby is getting too big and you might have problems with the delivery... although most sites say that you will be induced with GD.. :think: But like with OC they watch you very carefully from 37 weeks to make sure everything is ok... if they feel that there is a danger they will induce you or section you immediately.

Isn't it amazing how much guidlines can change in 2 yrs?
I was told in no uncertain terms that they would not let me go a day over 37 weeks and i was monitered 3 times aweek and on all sorts of lotions and potions from arnd 30 weeks.
What made me laugh though is that they took 3vials of blood every time then told me i was aneamic :doh:

jo said:
I was told in no uncertain terms that they would not let me go a day over 37 weeks and i was monitered 3 times aweek and on all sorts of lotions and potions from arnd 30 weeks.
What made me laugh though is that they took 3vials of blood every time then told me i was aneamic :doh:

Lol didn't you notice how much things had changed between your first and second... I've been absolutely amazed... :shock: and it's only been 7 years

Squiglet said:
jo said:

Lol didn't you notice how much things had changed between your first and second... I've been absolutely amazed... :shock: and it's only been 7 years

Yeah we have the same gap don't we? :)
It felt like starting again and being totally lost!!!

Best thing was when HV wa going on at me about weaning and i said something and she was like " oh you have another? then i suppose you know what you are doing"
I mean WTH?

lisa&alex said:
just curious? why do you want to be induced? its not a fun thing apparently. and its a last resort.. not something you want to be hoping for.. perhaps hopeing for a natural safe healthy birth would be better?

I don't want to be induced :?
i want labour to come naturally.
If i'm overdue I would want an induction, but not before term.

with regards to obstetric cholestasis i would want them to do what they think is best for the baby. i hear everywhere that it's better to induce if the results are positive, that's why i was a bit surprised to hear that my hospital doesn't do that

jo said:
Good luck hun, let us know the results
I was induced at 37 weeks, told was unsafe after that, wonder if they have shifted bloomin guidelines again :roll:

alice isn't a year old yet, and they induced me at 37 weeks. I was monitored daily, blood weekly, scans fortnightly. 12 pills a day on adverage. :roll:

still, different hospitals different 'rules'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back